The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 777 offsets

Pete, I'm running P3D 4.0.28.21686 as well as FSUIPC 5.103b. I've noticed that when running the PMDG 777 I'm still not seeing the aircraft-specific offsets getting populated.

Apologies in advance for a potentially superfluous question, but am I correct in assuming that this version of FSUIPC is making the necessary calls to SimConnect to populate this data, and the hotfix includes the fix in SimConnect to reliably send it?

I vaguely remember that there was a control or offset one could use to trigger FSUIPC to reconnect to SimConnect which may be a potential workaround. If nothing else, if it exists I'd like to try it. Reports from my users suggest that the problem I describe above is intermittent and may be due to a race condition and a reconnect might fix things temporarily.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

Apologies in advance for a potentially superfluous question, but am I correct in assuming that this version of FSUIPC is making the necessary calls to SimConnect to populate this data

Ah, sorry, you should stick with 5.103 at present. When did the 777 for P3d4 come out?

5.103b only has PMDG747 client data support built in because there seems to be a problem in having multiple clients with P3D4. I don't know why, but can cause a full 85 second feeeze in the whole sim on some systems (Two of mine exhibit this, one doesn't).  This is independent of whether any PMDG aircraft are already installed.

I could try re-enabling the multiple clients to see if that helps, but make it individually optional for each of the three PMDG aircraft supported. One of the problems really is that I have to ask for client data for all three as I don't know which wil turn up if any. I took the decision that an 85-second freeze for any one user (myself included) wasn't worth it "on the off-chance". And I really did not know that anything other than the 747 had been released.

I'll try renabling all three aircraft client data reads, with none in separate SimConnect clients.  This method didn't eotk with FSUIPC3 -- Simconnect complained I was asking for too much data.

I'll not be able to make this change before Monday, but please do remind me during that day. I don't guarantee it will work of course, but we can but try.

Unfortunately none of the PMDG aircaft I've ever tried work fully on my systems. The P3D4 747 just hangs P3D with a black screen -- the update is worse than the first, which was okay if I loaded a different aircraft first.

Regards

Pete

I'm not sure if this is helpful or matches well with the code of FSUIPC5, but I think it's acceptable for you to only make the SimConnect requests for the PMDG aircraft if requested by the user. I'm thinking along the lines of an internal 1 or 2-byte read/write offset that we could set to trigger reading of the particular offsets we are interested in, with a zero for disabled. Each specific aircraft would have a different value, so we could check what was being read. When the AIR file changes, you could disable the polling and set the offset back to zero.

I think this would work as well for home cockpit builders; they could have an aircraft-specific LUA script that would write to the necessary offset on startup/shutdown.

I really appreciate the work you do here abstracting away these aircraft; I know I could do my own SimConnect requests but SimConnect in a C# world is not a breach I am anxious to charge into if I do not have to.

Cheers!

Luke

1 hour ago, Luke Kolin said:

I think it's acceptable for you to only make the SimConnect requests for the PMDG aircraft if requested by the user. I'm thinking along the lines of an internal 1 or 2-byte read/write offset that we could set to trigger reading of the particular offsets we are interested in

It isn't quite that easy. The Client Data system means requesting Simconnect to notify me or when such data becomes available. I'm not sureif I can disable it later. I'd need to take a look.

In any case, the difficulties which forced me to change it was simply that I was requesting each of the three aircraft data blocks in separate SimConnect clients -- because originally, when they were in the main FSUIPC offset Client, SimConnect complained I was asking for too much data. Hopefully, with 64-bit implementation now, that won't be a factor. I'll try putting them all back in the main client first.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Pete, somebody with PMDG 777 on p3d v4 has just reported me that my virtual airline's recorder is sensing CRASH situation although there is no crash situation on the sim. (Detect crash option of the sim is also OFF). The recorder gets the data via 

Dim tCrash As Offset(Of UShort) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of UShort)(&H840)

code by using FSUIPCclient.dll

I asked him if the FSUIPC is 5.103b or not. Waiting for his answer.