The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 Installer crashes

Moved to Main Forum. Please ask questions always in Main Forum !

I successfully installed FSUIPC5 in the initial release of P3dv4. Subsequently I installed hotfix 1 when it was released. Today P3D reported two copies of FSUIPC were running when I loaded it. So I decided to rerun the FSUIPC installer I used originally (v5.102), to try and repair the installation. The installer window reported that it was looking for the P3D registry entry and setup path. Then it crashed, reporting it had to close. I found an updated installer on the website but this also crashed at the same point.

Regedit shows the P3Dv4 entry is there and the setup path is correct. Could the problem be due to hotfix 1?

Kevin

Hi,

when on P3D start you get noticed that FSUIPC is already running then it means that actually P3D in its last session never proper closed, has to be closed manually in TaskManager.

Make sure you use latest Install_FSUIPC5103.zip because any earlier version might not work proper when P3D's hotfix 1 is already installed.

Also please send the FSUIPC5 Install.log to see where it stops. If P3D process is still running in the background the installer will crash because of no access to the already installed FSUIPC5.dll.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. My mistake, I should have checked where I was in the forum.

When I got the "two versions running" error I had not previously run P3D since starting my PC that day. So it can't have been in already memory.

I had deleted the existing FSUIPC v5.102 files in an attempt to get the latest installer to work. I have since restored them to the modules folder and deleted the ini file so it would be renewed. I restarted P3D and FSUIPC5 v5.102 (unlicenced) is running without any obvious problems.

If I try and install v5.103 (P3D definitely not running) no new log file is created so I cant upload anything of use. It clearly isn't getting very far. The files for 5.102 remain. I'm running the installer as admin.

Kevin

Edit, here is what I found in event viewer.

Faulting application name: Install FSUIPC5.exe, version: 5.1.0.3, time stamp: 0x59515139
Faulting module name: Install FSUIPC5.exe, version: 5.1.0.3, time stamp: 0x59515139
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b5c4
Faulting process id: 0x970
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f7100d93c4ad
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_FSUIPC5.zip\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_FSUIPC5.zip\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Report Id: 4c0608d4-6303-11e7-9475-d050999d682b

Edited by kevinh

Hi,

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_FSUIPC5.zip\Install FSUIPC5.exe

that looks like you don't unzip the whole to a separate folder first? Not a good idea at all. Just unzip the files first into a folder and from their start the installer.

Thomas

7 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

that looks like you don't unzip the whole to a separate folder first? Not a good idea at all. Just unzip the files first into a folder and from their start the installer.

Thomas

Yes, true, I didn't extract it this time, but yesterday I did and it still failed. I've just retried with the unzipped installer and here is the event log:

Faulting application name: Install FSUIPC5.exe, version: 5.1.0.3, time stamp: 0x59515139
Faulting module name: Install FSUIPC5.exe, version: 5.1.0.3, time stamp: 0x59515139
Faulting process id: 0x1db4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f728409fe23d
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\FSUIPC5\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\FSUIPC5\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Report Id: 7f5401d2-631b-11e7-9475-d050999d682b

Edited by kevinh

31 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Looks like windows is doing that behind the scenes....

Cheers!

Luke

Hi,

checking for Exception code 0XC0000005 I found

0xc0000005 error case 1: Registry

The 0xC0000005 error is often caused by poor maintenance of your computer and corrupt registry entries that pile up as you install and delete programs, especially when you install new programs over old ones that were not completely deleted. To get rid of the 0xC0000005 error you could check all the registry entries manually but this procedure is long and complicated. If you are not a computer expert checking your registry manually may take a few days. In addition, you may damage important registry entries. So if you are not a PC guru use special software to repair your registry.

0xc0000005 error case 2: Virus

Your computer may have a virus and the 0xC0000005 error informs that the system prevented execution of a malicious application. Install the latest

0xc0000005 error case 3: Bad RAM Memory

Quite often this problem results from a faulty RAM memory. This is most likely the reason if you started getting the 0xC0000005 error message after installing a new RAM memory. To check this you can remove the new memory and see if the 0xC0000005 error disappears. If so, get a refund or ask to replace the faulty memory with a good one.
Don’t forget to do the following before you start removing the memory:
1) Turn off your computer and remove all cables (power, network, etc.)
2) Remove the battery (if you have a laptop)
3) Ground yourself out before you touch the memory!!(for example, touch metal screw on a lightswitch).

0xc0000005 error case 4: DEP

Quite often the nasty 0xC0000005 error occurs because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP) introduced by Microsoft in Windows SP2 and used in later versions. DEP is a set of security features that prevents code execution from non-executable memory segments. It’s a vivid illustration of a typical 

0xc0000005 error case 11: Symantec Antivirus

The 0xC0000005 error may appear if you are using Symantec Antivirus. If the the error message mentions SAVRT.SYS, that must the case. All you have to do is update Symantec Antivirus, that removes the 0xC0000005 error.
We hope the information above helped you resolve the 0xC0000005 error.

3. Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

The DEP is a set of security features that checks computer memory as one way of protecting your computer from virus. It can be the cause of the error if some installed programs are compatible with it. Disabling it temporarily can easily resolve the 0xc0000005 error.

• Press the combination of Win + R keys.
  • Type “sysdm.cpl” in the open Run Box before pressing OK.
  • Click on the “Advanced” tab on the resultant system properties window that appears.
  • Go to on “Settings.
  • Now, Click on the “Data Execution Protection” tab on the resultant performance tab window.
  • Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
  • Click “Add” before clicking on “OK.”
  • After that, Click on “Apply” then “OK” to effect the changes.

Close all windows now and check if Exception Error 0xc0000005 Persists. If it is still there, move to next method.

most likely I would expect the problem is a Antivirus program on your system, in case no one else seems to have a problem.

Or the permission you use to run the Installer doesn't match the permission you used to install P3D.

Thomas

I tried the installer with AV disabled. No change. Both FSUIPC and P3D installed by running as admin. Also v5.102 installer worked previously, so why not v5.103?

Edited by kevinh

Hi,

the hotfix has nothing to do with it. The installer looks the registry up to find the correct location of the xml.dll file to place the entry for FSUIPC there and also to know where the P3D is installed on the system.

If the entries in the registry are not correct or missing you will get an error message in the log file but the installer does not crash at all because of that.

You have definitely a problem on your system and I still think it is related to a Virus checker. I would go and re-download the installer and unpack it into a low level folder on a fixed installed drive, when P3D was installed with admin rights then the same for FSUIPC installer by mouse-right-click ...

Thomas

My backup disk is a fixed installed drive. Why would the AV software be a problem now when it has never been a problem with FSUIPC installers before? If it was blocking things it would be flagging it up as suspicious activity. Anyway I've tried installing with the AV disabled and it made no difference.

I always install software with admin rights and AV software active. I installed the hotfix after installing FSUIPC5.102 in P3D.Now the same installer will not run and the only thing that has changed is the P3D version (because of the hotfix).

My backup disk is a fixed installed drive. Why would the AV software be a problem now when it has never been a problem with FSUIPC installers before? If it was blocking things it would be flagging it up as suspicious activity. Anyway I've tried installing with the AV disabled and it made no difference.

Because something on your system decides so. Did you re-download the installer ?

The installer does check P3D and its version but only to make sure the P3D is not older than the minimum required version. The installer does not check if the P3D version is in a higher version with FSUIPC.

But in any case it does not force FSUIPC_Installer to crash at all. The installer in your case crashes before it is doing anything, even a messed up Registry would be noted but not forcing a crash.

In case you are here the only one with that problem there is something on your system that forces that crash.

That what it looks like with P3D HF1 and 102 / 103

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.102

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v4 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
     Parameter"AppPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v4!  <<< ...
     AppPath=F:\FS\Prepar3D v4\
===========================================================
INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4:
SetupPath="F:\FS\Prepar3D v4\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
... Version 4.0.28.21686  (Need at least 4.0.20.21316)
########################################################################################

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.103

Parameter"SetupPath"
     Parameter"AppPath"
     AppPath=F:\FS\Prepar3D v4\
SetupPath="F:\FS\Prepar3D v4\"

That's on Win10 with MS build Antivirus (defender) only.

Thomas

Thanks for explaining the version checking requirements of the installer. So it can't be that, I agree.

I downloaded the installer afresh and put it in a lower level folder where all my other installers are (on a separate fixed hard drive). I disabled the AV. The installer still crashed when I ran it (as admin).

The only thing I hadn't tried was running it from a folder on the same drive as P3D. This time it ran and installed as normal. I've never seen this type of thing before, as I've been routinely running installers from my backup disk with no problems at all.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong and you were right, but I'm at a loss to understand why, with nothing obvious having changed, I can now only install FSUIPC from the same disk P3D is on, and not from the desktop at that. Yet I was able to reinstall my PMDG 747 and 777 addons today, running them from the desktop with no issues.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

The installer can be run from anywhere in the same PC as your P3D installation. It absolutely does not care where it is -- it doesn't refer to its own location at all, except that it does store a copy of its log file there as well as in the target Sim's Modules folder (but it doesn't even need to know where it is to do that).

It does need access to the Registry and, of course, to the P3D folders.  Running it in Admin mode will ensure that is possible, though normally Windows will automatically run anything with "Setup" or "Install" in the name in that mode -- as it does with ".msi" files.

The crash with error code C0000005 is an access violation, and from the address in the crash details it is somewhere in a standard Windows library, one compiled into the Installer and which works for everyone else. To understand where it might be in my own code I'd need to see the Log file it produced so far, so I can see what it was attempting to do at the time. The log file will be in the same place as the Installer program itself.

The Installer for FSUIPC5 is a 32-bit program, and in fact is identical in every way to the Installer for FSUIPC4 and its code has not been changed at all except that it looks in a slightly different place in the Registry to get the P3D path, and of course the content of what it installs into the Modules folder is not identical, being the 64-bit versions. There's no difference between the installer for 5.102 and 5.103 except for the FSUIPC5.DLL module.

Going back to your original problem, there are two possible reasons there might be two copies of FSUIPC loaded:

1. The previous session of P3D (or FSX or FSX-SE) had not fully terminated. It might not be listed in the applications list in Task Manager, only in the Processes list. This is the most common problem. There are quite a lot of reasons why previous sessions do not always disappear completely.

2. It is being loaded twice by SimConnect. That would need checking in the DLL.XML files. (Note that there are now TWO of those, on in the Users Roaming AppData folder and one in the main ProgramData folder. Having it in both or twice in one would be the "already running" error when the second was loaded).

Pete

Hi Pete! I'm sorry to say that I've also been struck by some installation weirdness ... after so many years of using FSUIPC with no problems.

I tried to install 5.103 and the installer pops up the familiar install window, gets as far as querying the P3Dv4 registry entry, then crashes every time. This is P3Dv4 with Hotfix1.

1) The zip is properly extracted (no errors).
2) Win7x64. I'm logged in as "Admin" - and have also tried "Run as Administrator".
3) Comodo Firewall and Avast A/V temporarily disabled.
4) The install log never gets created.
5) I checked my registry entry for P3Dv4 - the setup path is in there OK. Is the installer faioling because it looks for (and can't find) entries for P3Dv3 and/or FSX? I still have FSX active on my system.
6) FSUIPC 5.102 is working fine in P3Dv4.
7) Installing immediately after a restart/hard reboot doesn't help.

OK ... so I tried re-installing my current 5.102 (over the top) ... but now I get the same problem as for 5.103.

I suspect that the very latest Microsoft [security] update may have something to do with it - or updates to Avast or Comodo. Maybe a complete uninstall of both (Avast+Comodo) would help, then reinstalling them after the FSUIPC update, but I'd hate to have to do this every time FSUIPC gets an update.

Anything else I could try? I have the Windows crash report zipped up - should I PM you that?

As ever, thanks for your amazing contribution to the FS world!

Adam.

4 hours ago, Adamski said:

4) The install log never gets created.

That is very strange. In that case, does the window with the on-screen log still display after the crash? If so, would it be possible to see a screen pic of it so I can at least see what it thinks it is doing at the time. Currently I have no clues -- the Windows crash details provided earlier just point deep inside so Windows functions.

I assume, for the log, you are looking in the same place as the Installer EXE as well as in the Modules folder?

The actual code for the FSUIPC5 installer is identical in every way to the FSUIPC4 installer code, so it is very odd that no one has reported a problem with that. The only difference is in the data it has telling it which registry entry to use for the path (one digit difference for P3D3 to P3D4), and the actual files bonded with it to copied over.

Are any files installed at all? If you rename the Modules folder in P3D4 to, say ModulesX, does the Installer create a new one? Does it even tell you it has found P3D4?

Like you, I am using Win7 64, and have Avast installed but not disabled whilst installing. The firewall should be irrelevant. My Avast is only the freeware version, just checking files, emails, websites for viruses only.

One difference may be to do with the location in which your P3D4 is installed. I never ever accept default locations (they always prove to be problematic, not specifically for FSUIPC but for many other add-ons). All my Sims are installed in simple paths like, in this case, E:\Prepar3D v4. Where's yours?

4 hours ago, Adamski said:

Anything else I could try? I have the Windows crash report zipped up - should I PM you that

I just need more information at present. If I can narrow it down a little bit I could add more diagnostic details, and also perhaps ensure that the log is flushed out more oftern (seems very odd it isn't, in fact, because FSUIPC's log, which uses the same sort of mechanism, is produced as it runs and can be viewed at any time. I'll have to have another look at that.

The Windows crash report isn't needed unless it shows something different to the earlier one, though it never hurts to attach such.

Pete

Pete - thanks for taking this on!

Here's the error window. Hard to screengrab, as Windows takes focus on the 2nd error window:
5103_fail_01.png

The registry entry:
5103_fail_02.png

The FSUIPC log itself appears to be fine - and updates itself everyu time I run P3D.

The install log (also in "Modules") is the old 5.102 one - and doesn't seem to have been updated by the [failed] 5.103 install. Here it is anyway, just in case it's useful.

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.102
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     Parameter"AppPath"
     AppPath=H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

SetupPath="H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
... Version 4.0.23.21468  (Need at least 4.0.20.21316)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed in:
       H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL
... No previous valid version found.
Prepar3D v4 Modules folder created okay!
Okay -- installed FSUIPC5 into "H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
... found as "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming"
Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... No previous DLL.XML found, creating new one.
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No Prepar3D.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\DefaultAppPool\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC5 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
   Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC5 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed.
Registration dialog exit: selected  FSUIPC REGISTER
Providing FSUIPC registration dialogue ...
Registration for FSUIPC5 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Anything else I can do to get more info?

Many thanks,

Adam.

EDIT: Sorry - I forgot to add - I'm using the same Avast as you (free version).

Here's the Windows error entry:

Faulting process id: 0x199c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2fd60fdd82c31
Faulting application path: F:\_Archive\P3D_Archive\_PAID\P3Dv4_Utils_PAID\FSUIPC\FSUIPC5103\Install_FSUIPC5103\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Faulting module path: F:\_Archive\P3D_Archive\_PAID\P3Dv4_Utils_PAID\FSUIPC\FSUIPC5103\Install_FSUIPC5103\Install FSUIPC5.exe
Report Id: 3ba806ae-6954-11e7-a5ad-6c626d3b5dfd

22 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

So the crash happens right at the beginning. How odd! I'll see if I can add more details.

Was the portion of Registry you showed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

I must admit it's odd. I've never had it do this to me before ... ever!

Sorry - I should have said .... it was from HKLM. In HKEY_CURRENT_USER, I only have "AppPath" - which has the same path as in HKLM (except it has three periods after it: H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\...). This appears to correspond to what the installer is expecting (going by my successful 5.102).

I appear to have entries in HKCU for P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 (but not in HKLM)... should I remove them?

Adam.

EDIT: Wait a minute. If you check my (successful) 5102 log, it says it couldn't find the path in HKLM (SetupPath) but then successfully finds it in HKCU (AppPath). Yet my HKLM entry *is* there. Is this a clue? That the 5103 installer is misreading the first entry then (somehow) error-ing on the HKCU search? Yet I now get the error on both 5102 and 5103. Weird!

1 hour ago, Adamski said:

it was from HKLM. In HKEY_CURRENT_USER, I only have "AppPath" - which has the same path as in HKLM (except it has three periods after it: H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\...). This appears to correspond to what the installer is expecting (going by my successful 5.102).

On my system, with a normal P3D4 install, I get this sequence:

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.103

Parameter"SetupPath"
     Parameter"AppPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v4!  <<< ...
     AppPath=E:\Prepar3D v4\

Not sure about the "..." though. That's not a valid part of a path.

I'll try putting a SetupPath for my installation into HKLM as well, so it does the same as yours ...

Pete

Thanks, Pete. I've just rung a buddy (with P3Dv4). He has exactly the same as me: \... on the end of the HKCU entry (not on HKLM)..

I'll remove the redundant P3Dv3 and P3Dv2 entries then run a registry defrag. Then I'll have another go ;)

Adam.

EDIT: No luck after the registry defrag/cleanup, I'm afraid. Same error, exactly as before. Over to you, Sir!

3 hours ago, Adamski said:

If you check my (successful) 5102 log, it says it couldn't find the path in HKLM (SetupPath) but then successfully finds it in HKCU (AppPath). Yet my HKLM entry *is* there. Is this a clue? That the 5103 installer is misreading the first entry then (somehow) error-ing on the HKCU search? Yet I now get the error on both 5102 and 5103. Weird!

Weird indeed. I get the same with 5.103 as you got with 5.102. I've traced through the code and Windows is returning "not found" for the HKLM entry, even though the registry path is exactly right. I don't understand. If I export the iten from the Registry then incorporate the path into my code, it is still the same! Makes no sense.

What I have tried is reversing the two, looking for HKCU first, then HKLM.  Try it for me please:

Install_FSUIPC5103g.zip

Pete

Yay!!! See my comments after the log (P3D fires up OK and FSUIPC reports 5.103g):

=====================================================

Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.103g
     Parameter"AppPath"
     AppPath=H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

AppPath="H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed in:
       H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL
... Version 5.102 found.
Prepar3D v4 Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC5 into "H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
... found as "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming"
Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC5 section.
... FSUIPC5 section already exists but will be replaced.
... FSUIPC5 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\DefaultAppPool\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC5 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
   Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC5 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed.
Registration dialog exit: selected  FSUIPC CHECK
Checking FSUIPC registration ...
Registration check for FSUIPC5 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

=====================================================

Comments:

1) Regardless of *why* the registry lookup fails the first time, it seems to me that the [old] installer bombs out at that point, rather than skipping gracefully to the next look-up.

2) As to the "AppPath" in HKCU, I'm as mystified as you. I use a little home-grown batch file for adding aircraft add-ons (outside of P3D root) and it has a bit of code that queries exactly that entry. Here's the snippet:

-------------------------------------

@echo off
REM echo Checking Prepar3d V4 location.
reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4" /v AppPath >nul 2>nul
if %ERRORLEVEL%==1 goto not_found
for /f "tokens=2*" %%a in ('REG QUERY "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4" /v AppPath') DO SET "P3Dv4_Path=%%b"
echo %P3Dv4_Path%
pause

-------------------------------------

When I run that, I get the correct/full path, but without the trailing triple periods that you see when you lookup the entry in regedit. I'll see what it looks like in another registry editor - see if those periods are just a display oddity.

Is it possible that Windows security is somehow protecting HKCU? Wild guess ... clutching at straws. I'm also wondering why it appears to be just me with this problem (story of my life!).

Anyway - I'm delighted that we're on the right track - though I really don't have a clue what's going on LOL!

Adam.

EDIT: Pete: ignore the three periods "thing". It's a red-herring - and appears to be just a weird Win7 Regedit display anomaly. The actual *value* doesn't have them. I checked the keys in two other registry editors and neither of them showed the damn' periods.