The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 65A2 777 PMDG and 5.103g

Hi Pete,

I monitor many offsets in my LUA scripts for 777 PMDG. As in the version 5.103b the offset 65A2 doesn't work with 5.103g.

Can you confirm that  the 777 offsets are supported in the 5.103g as before ( 5.103e ) ?

In advance, thank you for your answer.

Regards.

Francis.

6 hours ago, Nervures said:

Can you confirm that  the 777 offsets are supported in the 5.103g as before ( 5.103e ) ?

Yes, the code is there to do it, but having no PMDG aircraft installed myself I have to rely on others reporting back on this matter.

Pete

Dear Pete,

thank you very much for your quick answer.

Oftset 65A2 remains at 0 ( see my previous topic ) with 5.103g as 5.103.b.

As you do not have 777 pmdg how i can do to help you.

Regards.

Francis.

777 PMDG last up to date (13 july )

1 hour ago, Nervures said:

Oftset 65A2 remains at 0 ( see my previous topic ) with 5.103g as 5.103.b

And 65A2 should have what value? 

Have you checked any of the other 777 offset values? The CDU is read separately I think.

Please also show me the FSUIPC5 log. 

Pete

I finish my flight between OTBD (ex OTHH) NZAA (5.103e). Arrival scheduled for 1630z. I will run the simulator with the 5.103g and I will send you the fsuipc.log.
I will also test other offsets.

20 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

And 65A2 should have what value? 

when there is text in the scratchpad. 0 when empty. It remains at 0 and my LUA script wait 1 to continue.

Francis.

I know you do not have the 777 pmdg but do you know where this setting is?
Otherwise I have to look for exactly what ?

" Hmmm. That's strange, because the log does show that the 777 offsets are enabled"

My last log is with PMDG777offsets=Yes

My settings are the same as for 5.103e. Yesterday I made a flight ( 5.103e ) of 15h without problems with the last update of the 777 PMDG.

Francis.

37 minutes ago, Nervures said:

My settings are the same as for 5.103e. Yesterday I made a flight ( 5.103e ) of 15h without problems with the last update of the 777 PMDG.

Okay. If you've not changed the 777 install in any way, then this problem must be down to P3D. All I'm doing in the newer versions is making the request for the data in the main FSUIPC SimConnect Client, instead of in separate Clients for each aircraft.

I'm going to ask PMDG for a trial version of the 777 (or 737 -- similar reports for that). I have the 747 on such an arrangement but that simply hands my P3D4 immediately, with a black screen.

I might post a link here to a test version anyway, later today or more likely tomorrow.

Pete

Try this please. Let me know. I've reverted back to separate clients for each of the three aircraft. Not tested with a PMDG aircraft here -- waiting for an answer to my request from PMDG.

Install_FSUIPC5103g.zip

It's a revised (64-bit) installer build, because I'm testing the Installer too to fixcrashes some folks have been reporting (see separate thread).

Pete

Hi Pete,

run as administrator the new intaller.

In the Fsuipc.ini the parameter  => PMDG777offsets remains at Yes. Strange no ?

Launch the sim and the offset reamains at 0

Modify the parameter to Auto: the same.

To No: the same.

Here is the file.

Francis.

FSUIPC5 Yes.log

FSUIPC5 Yes.ini

FSUIPC5 Auto.log

FSUIPC5 Auto.ini

FSUIPC5 No.log

FSUIPC5 No.ini

FSUIPC5 Install.log

2 hours ago, Nervures said:

In the Fsuipc.ini the parameter  => PMDG777offsets remains at Yes. Strange no ?

No, it stays at whatever you set it to. The default setting is only what it sets if it creates the parameter in the first place.

2 hours ago, Nervures said:

Launch the sim and the offset reamains at 0

In that case I haven't a clue. It is now doing what it did before, which you say worked, except that with "auto" set it only does it if you actually load the aircraft. With "Yes" set it is identical now to before. With "No" you are turning it off in any case.

There is a slighly modified later version, 5.103j, which might be worth a try.  Let me know, but really I think I'll have to wait and see if PMDG will send me anything.

FSUIPC5103j.zip

Pete

3 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

Now tested with PMDG737NGX. All data read are Always 0

Paolo

FSUIPC5.ini

It's the LOG file I need, not the INI.

And have you tried after changing the "Auto" to "Yes" in the parameter PMDG737offsets=Auto ?

Does the aircraft name or path include the sequences PMDG and 737 somewhere? If it only says PMDG and NGX then I'll need to do another small change for "Auto" to work. (It's for this sort of check, as well as other things, that I need to see the LOG file).

Pete

5 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

Tried again, seem I had a fault to load the files in my last post

Hope now you  receive 

Yes, got them.

The logs for both Auto and Yes show that FSUIPC has requested the offsets and is just waiting for Simconnect to supply. This is the message confirming that:

PMDG 737 offsets enabled

So, either I have a bug, only in the 737 request not the 777 one (which I'll double check now), or the problem is with the PMDG 737. Did you enable the offsets in its own configuration file?

Pete

I've checked the code in FSUIPC. It is as it should be, and it is doing exactly the same 9but with different IDs) as for the 777X which is confirmed as working. So if you can check your end and that looks okay, then I think it's over to PMDG. (I'm still waiting for a response to my request about this).

Pete