The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Auto Save Not Saving P3D V4

So i was recently doing this flight KLAX-EDDP and i departing without a problem auto save was doing its job and 6hrs into the flight over the Atlantic my sim crashed (P3Dv4) i wasnt to worried knowing i have auto save i could just load back up into the flight but when i click on load scenario none of my auto saves were there not a single one it was all gone i was so furious and i told my friend what had happened to me he said the same thing happened to him thats why he quit flying for now and my other friend told me the same issue happened to him i am extremely furious i paid nearly $30 for this main feature and its not even working properly im scared of doing another flight i hope this gets fixed quickly

Hi ,

AutoSave option in FSUIPC5 works OK.

In case you don't provide any information please send your FSUIPC5.ini file and FSUIPC5.log file.

Also you might have some filter in P3D active that not all saved files are shown, and check the Prepar3D v4 Files folder for saved flights (sub-folder in Documents folder).

Thomas

I also have this issue. The saves go in my documents folder correctly, but if P3D crashes, all the saves disappear. This is quite frustrating as a long haul enthusiast who bought FSUIPC for FSX exclusively for the autosave feature, which is the same reason I bought it again for P3Dv4. I've attached my log file.

FSUIPC5.log

25 minutes ago, achmed said:

The saves go in my documents folder correctly, but if P3D crashes, all the saves disappear.

FSUIPC does not delete them. In fact if P3D crashes, it cannot delete them. It does not actually write them in the first place -- P3D does. FSUIPC merely asks it to save the flight, just a couple of lines of code effectively. It is the same as yousaving flights -- do those all disappear too?

Of course, P3D cannot delete them eith if it crashed. Nothing part of P3D can. If they are really being deleted you have some other third party program on your system being malicious.

28 minutes ago, achmed said:

I've attached my log file.

Ah. You are using a PMDG aircraft. PMDG also save many files, and most go into their own folders. do they disappear too?

You are getting serious pauses on every autosave, caused by PMDG saves. With PMSG aircraft it is recommended NOT to use any type of Autosave because of these pauses. However, if you insist then you should at least use the current latest interim FSUIPC release -- 5.103g -- available in the Download Links subforum. That allows a much longer Simconnect timeout when it sees a flight being saved. This should stop spme pf the symptoms shown in your log, especially the looping at the end of the log showing repeated failed attempts to reconnect to SimConnect. (It isn't a crash, by the way).

5.104 should have been released today, but family matters came up and delayed this. Look out for that next Tuesday (I am away for the weekend, Fri to Mon inclusive).

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC does not delete them. In fact if P3D crashes, it cannot delete them. It does not actually write them in the first place -- P3D does. FSUIPC merely asks it to save the flight, just a couple of lines of code effectively. It is the same as yousaving flights -- do those all disappear too?

Of course, P3D cannot delete them eith if it crashed. Nothing part of P3D can. If they are really being deleted you have some other third party program on your system being malicious.

I don't know what to tell you -- they're there, and I can open and view them. I'm highly doubtful that anything malicious is on my computer, much less deleting autosaves.

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah. You are using a PMDG aircraft. PMDG also save many files, and most go into their own folders. do they disappear too?

You are getting serious pauses on every autosave, caused by PMDG saves. With PMSG aircraft it is recommended NOT to use any type of Autosave because of these pauses. However, if you insist then you should at least use the current latest interim FSUIPC release -- 5.103g -- available in the Download Links subforum. That allows a much longer Simconnect timeout when it sees a flight being saved. This should stop spme pf the symptoms shown in your log, especially the looping at the end of the log showing repeated failed attempts to reconnect to SimConnect. (It isn't a crash, by the way).

5.104 should have been released today, but family matters came up and delayed this. Look out for that next Tuesday (I am away for the weekend, Fri to Mon inclusive).

Pete

Yep, the pauses are pretty painful. The crashes usually happen towards the end of the flight, and often occur when I try to use manipulators, but the cause remains unknown to me; it's just reported as ntdll.dll. As much as I don't want to, I may end up reinstalling P3D, despite the serious cost of time. I do need to solve this issue of the crashing in the first place, but I thought it would be helpful to bring my experience with the issue to light. Unfortunately, I can't really test to see if it's limited to PMDG aircraft, as I don't really have anything else that's long haul.

Anyway, I will reinstall P3D and install the update as well. Thanks for your help!

14 minutes ago, achmed said:

I don't know what to tell you -- they're there, and I can open and view them. I'm highly doubtful that anything malicious is on my computer, much less deleting autosaves.

Anyway, I will reinstall P3D and install the update as well. Thanks for your help!

The update is now actually 5.103j instead of 5.103g as stated. 

If nothing is deleting the files, then they are there. FSUIPC does go in a cycle, by default 10 saves, and replaces the oldest one each time it saves a new one. But you'd still get the last 10 (or however many you set). Of course, if you set a cycle of only one and P3D crashed when that was being replaced, then ...

You can also try using the "alsosave" option, which saves just one file, always with the same name, and a different interval.

Incidentally, I find it very strange you'd buy something as complex and feature rich as FSUIPC just for the autosave option, which is a minute part of it.  I'm sure there are still simpler programs around which provide that facility maybe even freeware.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The update is now actually 5.103j instead of 5.103g as stated. 

If nothing is deleting the files, then they are there. FSUIPC does go in a cycle, by default 10 saves, and replaces the oldest one each time it saves a new one. But you'd still get the last 10 (or however many you set). Of course, if you set a cycle of only one and P3D crashed when that was being replaced, then ...

You can also try using the "alsosave" option, which saves just one file, always with the same name, and a different interval.

Incidentally, I find it very strange you'd buy something as complex and feature rich as FSUIPC just for the autosave option, which is a minute part of it.  I'm sure there are still simpler programs around which provide that facility maybe even freeware.

Pete

At the time, the only other way was an addon called autosave (I know, original), but it didn't install into FSX:SE. I decided to just bite the bullet and buy FSUIPC. I then started using FSXWX for free weather, and I started utilizing some of the FSUIPC features for that, but now I use AS16 (or... ASP4 now). Now I use it to assign the rudder and tiller to the same axis. Either way, I find the purchase personally justifiable since it goes to a flight sim veteran such as yourself. You're always working on it, and your support leaves most other guys in the dust. I have no trouble supporting you by buying your addon, even if I don't fully utilize it.

Hi,

the FSUIPC5.log file is not complete, FS didn't close. But the last entry is 149 seconds after start.

149402 D:\Prepar3D V4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air

Your FSUIPC5.ini file shows that you selected 500 seconds as saving interval !

[AutoSave]
Next=24
Interval=500

So how should you see a saved file !

Thomas