The simFlight Network Forums

Shift + E + 1/2/3/4 only opens main doors in P3Dv3

7 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

After I updated to the latest FSUIPC version (v4.969), I cannot open any door but the main. The pushback (CTRL + P + 1 or 2) doesn't work also.

Do you press the keys together, or one after the other? Have you changed aircraft?  Is it the same with all aircraft? Have you changed the P3D3 version? Which one are you using (what's the full version number 3.4.?.?).

Check the parameter entered in "time to select" in the FSUIPC Miscellaneous tab.

Please enable the Logging tab options for button/keys logging and also Event logging 9not axes), then try again with those. Keep the session brief, just those tests, then show me the log file which you will find in the P3D modules folder.

Incidentally, what was your previous version of FSUIPC?

Pete

I've tested Shift+E, with 1,2,3 or 4 pressed afterwards, on an aircraft with 4 door controls (1=pax front+rear, 2=service front+rear, 3=cargo rear, 4=cargo front) and it works fine. Shift+P with a subsequent 1 or 2 also works fine.

I am using the latest FSUIPC interim update, of course, 4.969d, (see the Download Links subforum for updates) but there's been no change. If you like you could also try 4.969f, as yet unreleased. Here's a link:

FSUIPC4969f.zip

But I don't think any version will make a difference. I'd need to see the log.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your answer.

I've been using this shortcut for a lot of years (I believe since FS2002), so it was always the same, SHIFT + E and after a second or a fraction of a second 1, 2, 3 or 4 to open the doors. I don't know why, but for some reason it stoped to work.

I installed the 4.969d version, but it still does not work.

You asked me about "time to select" option, the value there is 4. The only thing that is strange, is that if I change the value to any number, after I hit OK, the valeu comes back to 4.

fsuipc2.png

12 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

've been using this shortcut for a lot of years (I believe since FS2002), so it was always the same, SHIFT + E and after a second or a fraction of a second 1, 2, 3 or 4 to open the doors. I don't know why, but for some reason it stoped to work.

I installed the 4.969d version, but it still does not work.

Very strange. That sounds like some sort of P3D corruption then.  It might be worthwhile reinstalling the P3D client.

And can you show me the log as I requested TWICE before, please? i.e.

Please enable the Logging tab options for button/keys logging and also Event logging 9not axes), then try again with those. Keep the session brief, just those tests, then show me the log file which you will find in the P3D modules folder.

Pete

2 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

Do you think there is a less drastic solution besides reinstalling the Client?

Why do you think that's drastic? Just uninstall it using the Windows Programs & Features section of the Control Panel, then re-run the client's .msi file (not the whole setup). Takes but a few minutes. It's the same as for minor updates! (I assume you've fully updated your P3D? If not, do so! It is important!)

The log you posted is a continuation log, so it is missing important information. Please do NOT press "new log"!

Apart from that it shows that P3D is not recognising the 1, 2, 3 or 4 keypresses even though they are being passed on. There's definitely something wrong there. But as I am missing a lot of information I can't really say much more from it.

Pete

Pete,

The door issue  in P3d V4 has been reported elsewhere and has been supposedly worked around by adding the old FSX open/close doors panel gauge instead of using the sim's built-in recognition  of the key sequence.

Last I saw, the gauge was still available  for download  on Simviation.com.

25 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The door issue  in P3d V4 has been reported elsewhere and has been supposedly worked around by adding the old FSX open/close doors panel gauge instead of using the sim's built-in recognition  of the key sequence.

Last I saw, the gauge was still available  for download  on Simviation.com.

It is really strange that it doesn't work for some folks. The key sequences work perfectly here.

In case it is a problem with the SimConnect macro facility which enabled FSUIPC to make sure the keypresses are associated with the Door  or Pushback command, you can switch FSUIPC's actions there by setting the "Time for select" to 0. I know you said that you cannot seem to change that, but that does not make sense to me either. It is a simple parameter like all the others.  But you can of course just edit it in the FSUIPC5.INI file before running P3D. 

TimeForSelect=4

in the [General] section. Change it to 0.

Pete

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Why do you think that's drastic? Just uninstall it using the Windows Programs & Features section of the Control Panel, then re-run the client's .msi file (not the whole setup). Takes but a few minutes. It's the same as for minor updates! (I assume you've fully updated your P3D? If not, do so! It is important!)

The log you posted is a continuation log, so it is missing important information. Please do NOT press "new log"!

Apart from that it shows that P3D is not recognising the 1, 2, 3 or 4 keypresses even though they are being passed on. There's definitely something wrong there. But as I am missing a lot of information I can't really say much more from it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm attaching the log again, and at this time, without pressing New Log.

I was able to change the TimeForSelect in the INI file, but the doors still does not work.

19 minutes ago, Felipe Bachian said:

I was able to change the TimeForSelect in the INI file, but the doors still does not work.

Well, FSUIPC isn't interfering at all with that set to 0, so it is verty odd. are you sure you aren't runing something else which depends on FSUIPC and so doesn't do the sae things if FSUIPC isn't running?

The other way to deal with specific selections for door or pushback is to assign the key press for Toggle Aircraft Exit, or Toggle Pushback, in FSUIPc assignments and enter the number as the parameter (1, 2, 3 or 4 -- you can't do combinations that way).

One thing I notice from your log is that you aren't using the current version of P3Dv3 -- yours is  3.4.22.19868. I am using 3.4.23.20420. Any reason for not applying the last fix release? It could be significant. It's always best to keep up to date because things do get fixed.

Pete

Hi Pete,

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

One thing I notice from your log is that you aren't using the current version of P3Dv3 -- yours is  3.4.22.19868. I am using 3.4.23.20420. Any reason for not applying the last fix release? It could be significant. It's always best to keep up to date because things do get fixed.

As said above the latest public download is V3.4.22.19868, the later version you use might not be or maybe will never be published by L-M because of P3Dv4 if it was only a beta

Thomas

13 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

As said above the latest public download is V3.4.22.19868

Oh, that's very odd. not released yet? But it was available to Beta testers as long ago as 14th April! What on Earth are L-M playing at?

So I am forced to uninstall 3.4.23 and install an older one so i can perform tests! Grrr.

I'm asking L-M about this directly!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Oh, that's very odd. not released yet? But it was available to Beta testers as long ago as 14th April! What on Earth are L-M playing at?

So I am forced to uninstall 3.4.23 and install an older one so i can perform tests! Grrr.

I'm asking L-M about this directly!

Pete

Hi Pete! Do you have any answer from LM?

I'm still having the door and pushback issue.

5 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

Do you have any answer from LM?

No, sorry. They seem to be 100% taken up with P3D4 matters these days. None of the P3D3 questions seem to be answered.

But thanks for reminding me.  I clean forgot I was supposed to ge back to 3.4.22 to test. I'll do that today. But I must tell you that I've been using all versions of P3D3 on my own cockpit installation and have never had any problems with the door selection.

Pete

24 minutes ago, Felipe Bachian said:

In the mean time, do you have any ideia, why my Miscelaneous settings are not being saved?

Sorry what do you mean? All of the FSUIPC Options selections are saved once you click OK. If you cancel or exit by closng the options, everything you've changed in that visit is discarded.

Pete

2 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

In the mean time, do you have any ideia, why my Miscelaneous settings are not being saved?

Thinking about this later, I realised you were probably ONLY talking about the "TimeToSelect" parameter. I perhaps wan't clear on this earlier (mainly because I actually forgot! Sorry). But, as documented in the Advanced User guide (see extract reprodcued below, with the part I forgot highlit), there are THREE main modes for this value, and you cannot switch between them without diting the INI file. i.e.

0 Off altogether
+n (n = seconds) normal time to select 
-n (n = seconds) same but not applied to radio controls

Those are all separate "modes" in which the facility operates. So to test 0 you have to edit the value in the INI file.

The reason for this is that the different modes need a different initialisation sequence between FSUIPC and SimConnect, and really it isn't a good idea to close everything down and reconnecting within the same session for this.

Anyway, i've now re-installed Prepar3D 3.4.22 and tested the doors, and they all work perfectly. The aircraft I am using has 1 for both passenger doors, 2 for both service doors, and 3, 4, for forward and aft cargo doors. They all work independently, consistently.

So I must conclude there's a problem in your system. Try with no add-ons whatsoever except FSUIPC then gradually re-enable the others.

Pete

==================================================

TimeForSelect: This specifies the number of seconds for which the SELECT controls (normally assigned to main keyboard keys 1–4) should remain operative for controls that need them (like Engine select, or Aircraft Exit toggle), despite the intervention of other, different, controls. To disable this, set the time to 0. Also note that whilst the time set does not influence the similar automatic facility for the FS pushback (which ensures that the pushback direction remains selectable), the latter will be switched off too if 0 is specified.

Setting the parameter negative, for example TimeForSelect=-4, allows the 4 seconds to connect Select 1 -4 to all types of controls which can accept them, excepting radio related controls. The number of seconds can still be chosen to suit the user, and modified in the Miscellaneous tab in FSUIPC options.

Note that you cannot switch between these three options in the FSUIPC options dialogue. You can only change the time when one of the enabling settings have been made in the INI file.