The simFlight Network Forums

CH Yoke and Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant Compatability

MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!

I am running FSX Steam Edition  Microsoft@ Flight Simulator X Deluxe 10.0.62615.0 (FSX.20150710-10ss) on a Windows 10 Pro build 15063, 64 bit system using FSUIPC version 4.969. I cannot get my CH Eclipse Yoke and Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant both working together. I can assign and calibrate either device and use it standalone without any problems. However, if I configure both, the CH Eclipse Yoke seems to take control and I can only assign axes to the yoke. This happens regardless of I having "AutoAssignLetters=Yes or No." Both devices are using a USB port on the motherboard. I have tried exchanging ports with no resolution. I have tried using both devices on a USB 3.0 hub with no resolution. Whenever both devices are configured I receive the following information from the FSUIPC console  -----------

172 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------

172 Product= CH ECLIPSE YOKE

172    Manufacturer= S

172    Vendor=068E, Product=0057 (Version 0.0)

172    GUIDs returned for product: VID_068E&PID_0057:

172       GUID= {6F807CF0-680B-11E7-8001-444553540000}

172       Details: Btns=26, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R1023,U1023,V1023,X1023,Y1023,Z1023

172 Product= Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant

172    Manufacturer= Saitek

172    Vendor=06A3, Product=0C2D (Version 2.2)

172    GUIDs returned for product: VID_06A3&PID_0C2D:

172       GUID= {FD6494F0-6D53-11E7-8001-444553540000}

187       Details: Btns=9, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X255,Y255,Z255

187 Product= HP Wireless Keyboard Kit

187    Manufacturer= Lite-On Technology Corp.

187    Vendor=04CA, Product=008D (Version 0.97)

187 -------------------------------------------------------------------

187 Device acquired for use:

187    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)

187    1=CH ECLIPSE YOKE

187    1.GUID={6F807CF0-680B-11E7-8001-444553540000}

203 Device acquired for use:

203    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)

203    1=

203    1.GUID={6F807CF0-680B-11E7-8001-444553540000}

203 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

slapstock

I have moved your support question to the Support Forum. Please do not post such in reference subforum as they are likely to be missed.

10 hours ago, slapstock said:

cannot get my CH Eclipse Yoke and Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant both working together. I can assign and calibrate either device and use it standalone without any problems. However, if I configure both, the CH Eclipse Yoke seems to take control and I can only assign axes to the yoke.

Do you mean that when you go to the FSUIPC axis assignments tab the Yoke is seen without you moving it? If so, all that is happening is that it is jittering -- i.e. constantly providing slightly changing values. It probably needs a clean or new potentiometers.

To deal with this is FSUIPC just use the "ignore" button, as documented, for any axis you don't want to configure at that time. This is only a temprary state and is cleared next time yo visit the options, or just by using the "clear" button. Once ignored you can simply use the "rescan" button to receice another axis for assignment.

11 hours ago, slapstock said:

I receive the following information from the FSUIPC console

Please show me the [JoyNames] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file.

I must say, this part of your LOG looks rather odd:

187 Device acquired for use:
      187    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)
      187    1=CH ECLIPSE YOKE
      187    1.GUID={6F807CF0-680B-11E7-8001-444553540000}
      203 Device acquired for use:
      203    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)
      203    1=
      203    1.GUID={6F807CF0-680B-11E7-8001-444553540000}

Omitting the name, getting the same JoyStick ID and GUID twice, and not including the clearly identified other device, makes no sense.

Next time could you post or attach the Log file as it is, without the extract and odd formatting, please?

I can get a lot more information about what is going on by seeing the FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv file, which is specifically produced for this sort of problem. A log with some extra logging may also be needed. To get this add these lines to the [General] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for your quick response to my issue. What I am saying is that when both devices are enabled moving any of the levers on the Saitek has no effect. The "Axis Assignment" boxes are grayed out and moving the levers doesn't wake them up or produce any change. The file named "Console_Output.zip" contains the console output. File "FSUIPC-ini.zip" contains the FSUIPC configuration with debugging enabled. File FSUIPC_log.zip contains the FSUIPC log file.

One note, the extract I sent was not from the log file but rather taken from the console output.

slapstock

Console_Output.zip

FSUIPC4-ini.zip

FSUIPC4_log.zip

1 hour ago, slapstock said:

The file named "Console_Output.zip" contains the console output. File "FSUIPC-ini.zip" contains the FSUIPC configuration with debugging enabled. File FSUIPC_log.zip contains the FSUIPC log file.

The console is just a copy of the log file. No need ever to grab that as well!

You've still not supplied the most important file (and probably the smallest!), FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv.

Could you download the latest update and try that please: 4.969d from the Download Links subforum. It is always best to look there before reporting a problem, in case it has been resolved.

Pete

The JoyScan file was very useful, thank you. But I think I need to see the same debug log AND the Joyscan file when each of the two devices are connected on their own. There's something odd in the Registry, but I cannot see why that wouldn't affect them singly as well.

The Eclipse Yoke's GUID is duplicated one one other device and the Saitek's GUID is duplicated 4 times!  The registry appears rather couupt in that regard. GUID's are supposed to always be unique. that's their whole point, their only purpose. 

I suspect the answer will be registry editing, but I'll come to that after looking at the individual results.

Pete

Further to my last result, I think the cuprit might be this device:

188    Usage=4, UsagePage=65281, =Game Controller
      188 Product= HP Wireless Keyboard Kit
      188    Manufacturer= Lite-On Technology Corp.
      188    Vendor=04CA, Product=008D (Version 0.97)

It identifies itself as a "Game Controller", so is part of FSUIPC's scan. But it's registry entries have the duplicate GUIDs attached.

Is this a device you actually do have attached?

Pete

6 minutes ago, slapstock said:

Here are the files with only the Saitek enabled.

Still not with 4.969d though, as I suggested!

Never mind. I've made a small improvement to the scanning to try to avoid this specific problem. It might be tidier to clear up the bad entries in the Register, but please try this version to see if it helps. Same files again please, whether it is successful or not. Hopefully it will save such messing.

FSUIPC4969g.zip

Pete

I know. There was no link to the updated FSUIPSg file provided earlier. I was looking for the file in the download link sub forum when the new message came in. I have it now and will install it immediately.  Do you suggest that I go straight to the end result I want or do the devices individually first??

slapstock

Just now, slapstock said:

There was no link to the updated FSUIPSg file provided earlier.

It was FSUIPC 4.969d and that update was released some time ago 

1 minute ago, slapstock said:

I have it now and will install it immediately.  Do you suggest that I go straight to the end result I want or do the devices individually first??

No point in installing 4.969d now! Please use the FSUIPC4969g versdion I just provided a link to!!

Pete

Pete,

Using FSUIPCg, I was able to successfully assign axes and calibrate both the Saitek Quadrant and CH Yoke. I have taken a quick flight and all the controls worked as expected. Your help is very much appreciated. Sorry for the rocky start but, in my defense, I am new to FSUIPC. Amazing work you do and I thank you again,

slapstock

On a side note. I never did see a link to FSUIPCd in the download links sub forum. Did I miss it? Do I need to put more time into using the forum because I should be able to find that link? Again thanks for your help!

10 minutes ago, slapstock said:

I have taken a quick flight and all the controls worked as expected. Your help is very much appreciated.

As requested, could you provide the log and CSV files for that please. I need to see whay it works so I can understand it fully.

10 minutes ago, slapstock said:

On a side note. I never did see a link to FSUIPCd in the download links sub forum. Did I miss it?

It is still there! Look again. It is clear, in the Update Modules thread (where else?) in the section clearly headed 

"FSUIPC version 4.969d only, for those with 4.969 already installed"

Please do look. And, as I advised, always look there first BEFORE posting support questions.

Pete

1 hour ago, slapstock said:

I believe what threw me off was the tag that says "fsuipc 50103j".

5.103j comes under the heading relating it to Prepar3D version 4, the new 64 bit version. FSUIPC5 is a new payware version on;y for that Sim. 

Any chance of seeing the Log and CSV files for the working install now, please,as requested? I'm pretty sure it was the change I put to to elimiate scanning of thay keyboard device. it's the first time i've seen a device reported with the UsegePage at highe as 65281 and this through my calculations off. At least that's what I think was happening, but i always like to check these things.

Pete