The simFlight Network Forums

Voice Recognition + Real Traffic

monavu

Hello,

I purchased the software in anticipation and I'm having some issues with it. The voice recognition is not working as intended. I tested my microphone and trained with the Windows 10 Speech Recognition. When I'm in the simulator and start a session, I push the SHIFT key and say a command and it will be accepted but no other commands will be accepted after that. It doesn't even show anything on the command line. I turned the Sticky Key function off. 

I have to quit the program, restart it, load an airport again and when I say my first command, it is accepted and the plane starts pushing back but after that no other commands are accepted anymore. So it only accepts the very first command. The program costs $49.95.

I also bought the Real Traffic and all the planes are showing white. I made sure to run the installers and the program itself with Administrators Rights. The call signs seems to work but all the planes are white. During the installation of Real Traffic I pointed the installer to the root Tower3D folder and I have a new folder called Extensions in it.

There is no way to assign a different PTT key. Test recognition and Test speech work fine.

You're not supposed to have the Windows Speech Recognition App running while Tower3D is running. But even when I start the App and set it to ON: Listen what I say it does the exact same thing. I'm able to give one instruction/command and that's it. Anything I say after that is not even showing in the command line.

You need to buy Real Color for various airports to have the Real Traffic planes show in their liveries....at least I believe how that it, correct me if I'm wrong.  I have Real Traffic and white planes.  I will probably get RC soon, but I just wanted the different types and callsigns.

Having Win 10 voice rec working is not required.  I trust you have set voice recon to USA english in Win 10 settings for Pro to work, you need at least one color for an airport to show painted aircraft, if you use a major airport the color goes over to other airports planes, not all, but at least you will have some color on a few planes. I believe.

On 26/07/2017 at 2:01 AM, monavu said:

Hello,

I purchased the software in anticipation and I'm having some issues with it. The voice recognition is not working as intended. I tested my microphone and trained with the Windows 10 Speech Recognition. When I'm in the simulator and start a session, I push the SHIFT key and say a command and it will be accepted but no other commands will be accepted after that. It doesn't even show anything on the command line. I turned the Sticky Key function off. 

I have to quit the program, restart it, load an airport again and when I say my first command, it is accepted and the plane starts pushing back but after that no other commands are accepted anymore. So it only accepts the very first command. The program costs $49.95.

I also bought the Real Traffic and all the planes are showing white. I made sure to run the installers and the program itself with Administrators Rights. The call signs seems to work but all the planes are white. During the installation of Real Traffic I pointed the installer to the root Tower3D folder and I have a new folder called Extensions in it.

There is no way to assign a different PTT key. Test recognition and Test speech work fine.

I had this problem, I could not get to the bottom of it so I gave up on voice recognition, which I know, isn't the right attitude. I did post the problem and got a few suggestions back, but not being a computer wizard , I couldn't get it working. I shall be following this post though.

Russell

Iv had my breakfast now for the answer to your problem. I am not the best person to answer but here's my thought you have nothing to lose anyway.

Most of the time issues with things not working at startup seem to be Admin Rights therefore if you open the directory where FEELTHERE is installed right click to bring up a list with Properties being at the bottom -- Security,   then allow Permissions for all your group and users names by ticking every thing you can,  Do the same for Tower3d Pro Applications found in the Feelthere folder and the same for MNWINDOWS. Applications  You can start Pro from Tower 3d Pro using right click Run as Admin.as well as the Icon on the Desktop. By the way you can't change the Shift button to another one that it.  Best of luck.

Monavu,

Flightsimpilot is correct. T3D Pro needs to be run as an administrator to make the voice part work. Once you get it working it is a great feature.

As for the RT & RC packages, they are produced by a different developer - Nyerges Design. FeelThere only make the main program which, as pointed out by mc16v & Flightsimpilot, have fictitious airlines in glorious color/colour. On this forum I have called for a seriously needed update to the RT schedules, but taken as a whole T3D Pro + RT + RC is a great package.

Don't give up yet otherwise you will be missing out on loads of challenging fun. 

I have the exact same problem as you. I can start a session just fine, and issue the first command using voice. However, anything after that doesn't seem to register. I've set up the voice recognition, done the training thing twice, verified I am running the game as an admin, and have gone through and ticked every permission box as someone else suggested. I don't know what else to try. I'm about to give up, and consider this an $80 loss.

14 hours ago, xarumitzu said:

I have the exact same problem as you. I can start a session just fine, and issue the first command using voice. However, anything after that doesn't seem to register. I've set up the voice recognition, done the training thing twice, verified I am running the game as an admin, and have gone through and ticked every permission box as someone else suggested. I don't know what else to try. I'm about to give up, and consider this an $80 loss.

I also bought this yesterday through STEAM. Every command given with the mouse are handled perfectly.

Sadly I also have the issue with voice commands.... first one given , perfect !!! After that the every other command fails to respond and L-Shift key does not seem to 'release' after the first command given. Cursor keeps blinking in command line.

You do need to look into this I think. It is TOO much $$$ if you do not solve this problem

Seriously Olav do you need this attitude? Do we look like someone who is not here all the times trying to solve problems? 
First of all please read the sticky posts as it's a good advise for all forums you visit first. You will then find that we need a game log (which we developed to get information about problems) to look into the problem. Then please give us information about your computer starting with your OS and language settings.

16 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Seriously Olav do you need this attitude? Do we look like someone who is not here all the times trying to solve problems? 
First of all please read the sticky posts as it's a good advise for all forums you visit first. You will then find that we need a game log (which we developed to get information about problems) to look into the problem. Then please give us information about your computer starting with your OS and language settings.

I am very sorry for me being such a fool...... accept my excuses please.

Best regards,

Olav

Hi Vic,

My OS is W10 64bit / 32GB . I do not have any issue with the "sticky key". I set this function to "off" , so I guess it is dissabled. Do not hear any constant beeping either.  Should there be a blinking "cursor" in the command line after saying the command and releasing the L-shift key ? It looks different when giving commands by mouse-clicks.

Tried all the other options brought by the rest of you guys, but nothing helps so far.

What should be the setting within STEAM ? There's also the possibility to give a PTT key or an option to listen to my voice. 

Best regards,

Olav

• 2 weeks later...