The simFlight Network Forums

macros have stoped p3dv3

MOVED FROM "USER CONTRIBUTIONS" SUBFORUM!

Hello

I seem to have somehow broken my fsuipcv4 .i have a overhead panel for my 737 i use pmdg 737ngx as my sim and i have been using petes fsuipc to map the buttons on the overhead using the mouse macro function .yes i know pmdg have given us the .h list but i have no clue i am a welder not a programer . Any way its stooped working ,i installed p3dv4 and pmdg 737 for v4 and fsuipc5 , i have both p3dv3 and p3dv4 installed at the same time and i did have the 737 installed for v3 and v4 of p3d as well .

I have removed all pmdg from both sims and both fsuipc from both sims then reinstalled the 737 into p3dv3 making sure it was the old version for p3d v2 -v3 & installed full reg fsuipc4 again but only in p3dv3 .

I don't know what i have done but mouse macros still doesn't work .

i used to be able to get the overhead done in about 30min so i know how , but here is what i am doing from fresh just in case Ive gone daft.

start up the sim run ngx close sim, restart sim open fsuipc from menu click buttons tab click make mouse macro give it a name, like " A ovhd " click ok click ok so now i am back in the left seat , I  do shift 6 to get the 2d panel of the fwd overhead and then mouse click on a switch i normally start from the left so it would be landing lights , now fsuipc usually give the green input text at the top left of the screen and i can give the landing lights a name and hit return then repeat etc etc. but nothing is happening there is no text & no sign of life .

I know this did work so the pmdg click spots do allow macros , maybe installing the most resent fsuipc5 and pmdg 737 for p3dv4 has killed it.

please can some one help

Thanks

Happy

Please ALWAYS post Support questions to the Support Forum. Yours is certainly not a "Contribution" of something useful for all to share, yet you posted it in the "User Contributions" subforum. You are lucky I noticed it!

53 minutes ago, happy said:

i know pmdg have given us the .h list but i have no clue i am a welder not a programer

You don't need to be a programmer. If you don't understand how to work out a "custom control" number, just ask! It is far FAR easier, and more reliable, to use the tools PMDG have provided than using the unwieldy Mouse Macro system, which was only invented in desperation at those add-on makers who don't provide ways of using buttons or even keys to operate their on-screen switches. And Mouse Macros rarely work on most newer add-on aircraft.

Any way its stooped working ,i installed p3dv4 and pmdg 737 for v4 and fsuipc5 , i have both p3dv3 and p3dv4 installed at the same time and i did have the 737 installed for v3 and v4 of p3d as well .

If you update your aircraft you need to scrap all of your old mouse macros for it and make new ones. They are completely dependenty on exact memory locations in the add-on to work. just a small change in an aircraft can stop them working. FSUIPC checks that the memory it would otherwise jump to is still valid and ifg not will simply not be able to do anything (which is far better than causing a crash).

start up the sim run ngx close sim, restart sim open fsuipc from menu click buttons tab click make mouse macro give it a name, like " A ovhd " click ok click ok so now i am back in the left seat , I  do shift 6 to get the 2d panel of the fwd overhead and then mouse click on a switch i normally start from the left so it would be landing lights , now fsuipc usually give the green input text at the top left of the screen and i can give the landing lights a name and hit return then repeat etc etc. but nothing is happening there is no text & no sign of life .

That sounds like PMDG, like most others, have at last abandoned the old FS2002 way of making their gauges and adopted new methods. I expect this is to be able to use the improvements with recent P3D versions and of course P3D4 in particular.

So, now it is time to program your switches and buttons the better way, using custom controls!

Pete

Hello Pete

i have 4.968 for p3dv3

Thank you for the help. I have installed the old pmdg737 into p3dv3 just like I had it when everything worked. but macro is not working macro is my preferred way to use buttons / switches, my farther who is good with software nor myself can understand how the information found in the pmdg . H file is going to be used in fsuipc4. There doesn't seem to be a way of getting that info into a list that's advisable in the sim. sorry if this sounds dumb. Can you think of any reason why fsuipc4 macro method would stop working. remember I would just like it as it was. Ie  p3dv3 and the old 737ngx . could there have been a change in the windows 7 registry.

I have now removed p3dv4 from my  computer. just in case fsuipc4 was getting confused but macro is still not working.

I am using fsuipc 4.968

p3dv3.4

& 737 ngx VERSION v1.10.6461

Thanks Pete

Tim

28 minutes ago, happy said:

I have installed the old pmdg737 into p3dv3 just like I had it when everything worked. but macro is not working

With the same (actually out of date) version of FSUIPC, and the same "old" version of the PMDG, and the same programming for macros you did before, obviously it HAS to work the same -- or you have something wrong, or something has changed you've not thought about.

The most likely reason for your problem with the old version of the NGX is that you didn't full uninstsll the new one before installing the old one. It puts bits all over the place, and the most relevant parts are the Guages in the Gauges folder, and the DLL's. wherever it places those. There re also entries in files like DLL.XML in your user Appdata\Roaming folder.

33 minutes ago, happy said:

my farther who is good with software nor myself can understand how the information found in the pmdg . H file is going to be used in fsuipc4.

Near the end there is a complete list of controls which can be used. They are all defined by a suggestive name, and equated to a value which is the BASE (another name) plue a normal decimal number. At the beginning pof the list the value of that "base" number is defined. All you need to do is add one to the other to arrive a a number which represents that control. You assign to "<custom control> in FSUIPC and use that number.

If you and your father still don't understand this quite simple operation, either paste an example of what you want to do, and find a seemingly approperiate entry in that list, and we'll take it slowy from there. Alternatively why not ask in the PMDG support forums. I don't use any PMDG aircraft myslef and don't have easy access to the file itself.

40 minutes ago, happy said:

in case fsuipc4 was getting confused

P3D3 and P3D4 9and for that matter P3D2, P3D1 and FSX) are all entirely separate and there's no possible interaction between any copies of FSUIPC4 installed in any or all of those, or with FSUIPC5 in P3D4 which isn't evben the same product!

39 minutes ago, happy said:

I am using fsuipc 4.968

That is out of date and I ask you to update before posting again, please.

Pete