The simFlight Network Forums

Help with Real Color

KEL27

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Tower 3D Pro world and so far, I absolutely love the sim. However, I cannot get the Real Color add-on to work (TIST, KLAX, KPHL bundle). I have spent a few hours looking through the forum for help, but mostly what I find is related to installations done with Steam, which mine is not. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times with no change to the RC problem. The sounds are fine, but I'm getting tired of looking at white tails. I've also installed everything in the order suggested (T3DPro, RT, RC), started the game in Admin mode (the only way the sounds will work), and verified that the airplanes_pack1 and airplanes_pack1.manifest files are in the Extensions>Airplanes folder.

What am I missing?

Ken

did you change the install directory, to make sure it installs in the "pro" folder. I believe the link is still installing in the non-pro file path by default.

Mine install and work fine, i install in the same order as you and all I change is the install path.

• Like 1

Do you see the following folder? C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks. This folder is where Real Color needs to be installed. If Real Color installed corrected you would see this folder and several airplane_texpack files.

Craig

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. The installer was putting everything in the Tower!\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks folder instead of the Tower!3D Pro file.

Unfortunately, now the game hangs at 27% on loading. I guess this means the files went to the right spot - now it just doesn't know what to do with them. Any suggestions?

Ken

Got it to work! Thanks Craig and mc16v for your help.

For anyone who runs into the same problem, here's how I overcame it:

Start with a fresh install of Tower!3D Pro. This means making sure the folders where it was originally placed are deleted from your hard drive. Verify that T3DPro is working.
Install Real Traffic. This one has the right path to start with, so it will end up in the right folder. Verify that RT is working.
Install Real Color. The installer for this does not have the right path, so make sure the path is pointed to <YourComputer>\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes. Do not add the Texturepack folder - the installer will do that for you. Verify that RC is working and enjoy. Hope this helps any other newbies that run into this.

Ken

Edited by KEL27
Misspelled word

Dear Folks,

here are the correct install routes:

REAL TRAFFIC FOR TOWER3D
c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower3D\

REAL TRAFFIC FOR TOWER3D PRO
c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro

REAL TRAFFIC FOR TOWER3D STEAM
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D\

REAL TRAFFIC FOR TOWER3D PRO STEAM
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\

REAL COLOR FOR TOWER3D
c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower3D\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks\

REAL COLOR FOR TOWER3D PRO
c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks\

REAL COLOR FOR TOWER3D STEAM
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks\

REAL COLOR FOR TOWER3D PRO STEAM
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks\

The intelligent installers are coming soon. 

nyergesdesign

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, nyergesdesign said:

The intelligent installers are coming soon. 

nyergesdesign

That is good news Gabor, about half the traffic in this forum concerns this topic.

Any chance of an update to 2017 schedules for Real Traffic?

15 hours ago, winsaudi said:

That is good news Gabor, about half the traffic in this forum concerns this topic.

Any chance of an update to 2017 schedules for Real Traffic?

Yes, there will be updates, but there is no specific release date yet. I think it will be available when the next airport will be release.

3 hours ago, Bill Smith said:

Is it a free update wen't to both websites can not find it

You should be able to use the link from your original confirmation email. That's the way to get any update (core sim, airport add-ons, RT, RC) related to Tower!3D Pro.   

12 hours ago, Sky King said:

How about making these downloadable from the Nyergesdesign web site? We all have our license numbers so why not? PCAviator seems not to post updates ever.

We have sent the updates to all dealers. Please contact to your seller. You can downlod the updates only from where you bought it. 

The new installers are available on our website too. https://www.nyergesdesign.com/add-ons-for-tower-3d

• 5 months later...

tim86,

That's the one add-on I didn't get as I got the 3 RC packages separately, so a snapshot of my directories won't help.  However, the 'usual' cause of white aircraft is that the RC was installed to the wrong folder.  The smart installer (see the graphic posted August, 3 above) works as long as you select the correct option and your T3D is installed to its default option on your C: drive.  If you have installed T3D elsewhere you need to change the RC installation folder to match.

tower 3d...i fixed it after 2 hours lol.-.

here is the problem..after installing real colours its creating another tower 3d folder...u have to create a new folder inside the airplanes folder named texturepacks and install the real colours again inside it and delete the second 3d tower folder,thats all.-.tsk tsk 

20 hours ago, tim86 said:

i select it  to airplanes,its creating a new folder "texturepacks" ..still white planes in the game

Unbenannt.PNG

Thank you for your remark. We already fixed the install rout of the installer and we fixed a livery on LAX. The RC bundle is also updated as it contains the LAX. The updated isntaller is available on FeelThere, ATCSuirte and Nyergesdesign websites. You can use your original keycode for the update.

Gabor

1 hour ago, nyergesdesign said:

Thank you for your remark. We already fixed the install rout of the installer and we fixed a livery on LAX. The RC bundle is also updated as it contains the LAX. The updated isntaller is available on FeelThere, ATCSuirte and Nyergesdesign websites. You can use your original keycode for the update.

Gabor

Where can I find these updates? I bought 3d pro, real traffic and real color on the Atcsuite site.

Air Jamaica,

I quote a reply to a very similar question that you asked in another thread:

"You will be able to download the new installer from the original download link what you received after the purchase.
The new installer works with the original activation code."

Why do you keep asking the same question?