The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 and RC4

Hi Pete,

Thanks for all of your work with FSUIPC.  I have been using FSUIPC4 for years and just recently bought FSUIPC5 to use with P3D v4.  I see on the forums that people have been able to get RC4 to work with P3D v4 using FSUIPC5 but I have been having no luck and was hoping you might have some insight.  RC4 connects to v4 no problem.  The green screen with the RC4 options opens.  I click 1 or 2 to contact weather or clearance but instead of hearing any voices, it automatically tunes ground...and still no voices.  Like I said, I've seen other people have had success.  I've emailed RC4 but have not heard back yet.  Using Windows 7.  Any thoughts?  Much appreciated.  Thanks.

Seth

34 minutes ago, njuser said:

I have been using FSUIPC4 for years and just recently bought FSUIPC5 to use with P3D v4.  I see on the forums that people have been able to get RC4 to work with P3D v4 using FSUIPC5 but I have been having no luck and was hoping you might have some insight.

There is absolutely no difference for pure FSUIPC applications such as RC4. It won't even know you changed sims.

34 minutes ago, njuser said:

RC4 connects to v4 no problem.  The green screen with the RC4 options opens.  I click 1 or 2 to contact weather or clearance but instead of hearing any voices, it automatically tunes ground...and still no voices.

Voices from what, P3D or RC4? What is "automatically" tuning ground? FSUIPC most certainly won't be, nor P3D. sounds like you have some RC settings wrong, or have some other software running.

Maybe you are using some RC key assignments which conflict with something else?  Try using more unique ones. When I used RC4 I have everything on "Ctrl+Shft+1" ...  "Ctrl+Shft+9", etc. not simple keypresses like 1 - 9, which lots of programs use.

Pete

Thanks for the response.  I don't hear any RC4 voices, meaning when I normally try to contact clearance (by pressing "1"), I will hear the designated pilot voice I have chosen ask for clearance.  What happens now, is that I will press the number 1 button to ask for clearance.  I won't hear any request and the dialogue box will change to state "standby."  A new option will then appear saying "1. contact ground."  If I contact ground by pressing 1 nothing happens.  Add-ons that I am running are Active Sky for v4, ORBX global and vector, MyTraffic6, and PMDG 777. Hope that is more clear.  Thanks.

Seth  

So your problem is only that the RC voices aren't heard. Otherwise it is working correctly, going through the correct stages? 

FSUIPC is in no way involved in the voice production. RC does that directly. It seems that it is going wrong. FSUIPC is involved in providing RC the radio frequencies set, and servicing its requests for keystrokes, and of course things like aircraft location, speed, etc. But it is in no way involved in sounds for it.

I suggest you try the RC support forum on AVSIM. it is better than emailing RC support as there are a lot more experienced users in the Forum, including my good friend Ray.

Pete