The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D KJFK not working

flightdude77

Hey guys!
I have this strange problem that every time I start up JFK it never shows me the airport, in the background I can hear the aircrafts communicating and also the strips, command panel and so on are being shown but just the airport is not there, only the Loading Screen by 99% is shown and thats it, it hangs up somehow.
Can somebody help? I tried also only JFK without Real Traffic and it still doesnt work, all other airports work normally.

• 6 months later...

I am also confused.  The latest version that I have is "KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe" which I have had since March 2017. Thinking my version was out of date I have just downloaded it again with my BMT Micro link and lo and behold it is still "KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe".  

So what is all this talk of version 3.0?

6 hours ago, winsaudi said:

I am also confused.  The latest version that I have is "KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe" which I have had since March 2017. Thinking my version was out of date I have just downloaded it again with my BMT Micro link and lo and behold it is still "KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe".  

So what is all this talk of version 3.0?

Actually let me try to clear things up with a little history lesson. At one point when you downloaded the KJFK airport the file downloaded was KJFK_T3D_Installer.zip Inside the zip file was a separate installer for each version of tower, KJFK_for_Tower3D_3.0.exe and KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe

If you download KJFK airport now, the file you get is KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe (the same as above). @tim86you may want to try getting your hands on this installer and see if it works for you.

19 hours ago, crbascott said:

Actually let me try to clear things up with a little history lesson. At one point when you downloaded the KJFK airport the file downloaded was KJFK_T3D_Installer.zip Inside the zip file was a separate installer for each version of tower, KJFK_for_Tower3D_3.0.exe and KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe

If you download KJFK airport now, the file you get is KJFK_for_Tower3D_Pro_SP1.exe (the same as above). @tim86you may want to try getting your hands on this installer and see if it works for you.

hmmmmm...first thanks for response.-.i got a refund of justflight cuz we could not make it work after all..i can give it a try to buy it on the atcsuite page and also i got a new comp so should be fine with the requirements..but can i ask you if it still not work if u will refund me also? i would really like to play the jfk but i tried in many different ways and it still did not work out so am a bit confused where the real issues are? 

regards

3 hours ago, tim86 said:

hmmmmm...first thanks for response.-.i got a refund of justflight cuz we could not make it work after all..i can give it a try to buy it on the atcsuite page and also i got a new comp so should be fine with the requirements..but can i ask you if it still not work if u will refund me also? i would really like to play the jfk but i tried in many different ways and it still did not work out so am a bit confused where the real issues are? 

regards

I'd recommend buying Tower products from feelthere.com - it just so happens they are having a Valentine's sale and KJFK is only $11.99 USD (regularly $19.99).  Plus the support is better and when updates are released they are posted faster than on third part sites.

I can't speak to their refund policy. I can say that KJFK definitely works. Something is going on with your install - possibly your antivirus. 

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

I'd recommend buying Tower products from feelthere.com - it just so happens they are having a Valentine's sale and KJFK is only $11.99 USD (regularly $19.99).  Plus the support is better and when updates are released they are posted faster than on third part sites.

I can't speak to their refund policy. I can say that KJFK definitely works. Something is going on with your install - possibly your antivirus. 

you think jfk will work with those settings of my new comp?

Unbenannt.PNG