The simFlight Network Forums

SPEECH ISSUES

FeelThere_Vic

Can somebody from Feelthere, or even an advanced user please help me?  I absolutely do not understand what you folks mean with some of the terms you have stated.  WIN 10, 12 MB RAM, 3.6ghz A12 processor.

(1) I bought an NVidea GT 1300 (2GB video memory) card and installed it into my computer.  The game works... EXCEPT
          (a) No pilot voices.  If the game has background music during the game, rather than only at the start screen, I don't hear it.  Obviously, if the airports don't play music, I wouldn't hear what doesn't exist.
          (b) I cannot get the game to switch to multiple screens.  When I click on the multiple screen on the Strip or the other two panels (not the view through the tower window), there is a box that quickly appears and disappears, but nothing to move to the other screen.
          (c) I cannot get speech recognition to work

(2) I have bought and installed a USB headset/microphone combination.
(3) I have trained my microphone and it works well with Windows speech recognition.  My language is US English
(4) I am the only user on the computer, and I checked; I am an administrator.
(5) I tried to launch the speechengine (don't remember the name of the file) program, and just got a quick blink, with no response.
(6) I don't know how to check my antivirus software for allowed programs... I use avast.
(7) When I try the speech and voice buttons on the main screen (prior to entering any airport), nothing happens.
(8) I have the volumes on all items full up in the setting part of the program.

Is there anybody that can spend some time with me via text, e-mail, or telephone to nursemaid me through these issues?  I love the game, and would like to experience it fully.  I have no idea how to find or copy log files, etc.  I could use some personal TLC on this one.  I kind of figure that maybe I installed something wrong?  If I have to remove and reinstall the game into proper space, I will, in order to enjoy multiple screens and voice commands and response.

By the way, I have Tower 3D pro, Realtraffic, Realcolor, and also have Atlanta and Orlando, with their Realcolor as well.

Help?

Sincerely,
Lee Esbin

Edited by Leecedar
Incomplete information

Lee, 

The first thing to try is to run the tower3d.exe file as an administrator so to do that right click on the icon and select 'Run as administrator'.  That may fix a lot of your problems.  See how that goes and we can take it from there.  (By 'we' I mean the helpful members of this forum!).

Wayne

That worked,  

5 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Lee, 

The first thing to try is to run the tower3d.exe file as an administrator so to do that right click on the icon and select 'Run as administrator'.  That may fix a lot of your problems.  See how that goes and we can take it from there.  (By 'we' I mean the helpful members of this forum!).

Wayne

Thank you!   That one step fixed all of the issues! 

OK... now that I've been really enjoying the game, I have an interesting question.  All of my voice commands work EXCEPT: VIA when trying to direct departures.  I can use via when directing arrivals, but RUNWAY XX VIA .... (AND PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY XX VIA) doesn't work.  All of the taxiway directing commands work when typing.

Lee

3 hours ago, Leecedar said:

OK... now that I've been really enjoying the game, I have an interesting question.  All of my voice commands work EXCEPT: VIA when trying to direct departures.  I can use via when directing arrivals, but RUNWAY XX VIA .... (AND PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY XX VIA) doesn't work.  All of the taxiway directing commands work when typing.

Lee

It's because out of the box the voice syntax you are using is invalid.  Check out the departure section in the user manual - https://www.atcsuite.com/tower-promanual

CALLSIGN,  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY XX

CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX
CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX TAXI VIA TAXIWAY X ( Z, Y) (multiple taxiways can be assigned to generate a complex routing)
CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX AT TAXIWAY X (if you assign an intersection instead of a runway ending for takeoff)
CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX AT TAXIWAY X VIA TAXIWAY X (multiple taxiways can be assigned to generate a complex routing)

To get the voice commands to work like you want you'll need to modify the tower.rec file. If you search the forum there should be posts on how to do so.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I don't want recognition or microphone use, because I'm at the office and can't be talking all the time.

My gameplay option is using mouse and keyboard to give instructions and hear the aircrafts.

The thing is that I can't hear anything. I can't hear my instructions and the aircrafts.

Only the environmental sounds.

Any idea?

====

UPDATE: Tried running it as administrator and worked once. The next time I opened the app no sound happens again.

Edited by fabianlujan
updates

• 2 weeks later...

I was having an issue with Tower3D speech recognition. Based on earlier posts I first verfied each of the the following steps:

1. Mic is working 
  2. US English confirmed 
  3. Pack is up-to-date
  4. Speech recognition installed and works outside of Tower 3D
  5. I open Tower as Adm
  6. SYSTEM LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH(US)*************CHECKED
    CORTANA IS WORKING AND YOU CAN TALK TO IT*****CHECKED
    SPEECH IS TRAINED************************************CHECKED
    SET UP YOUR MICROPHONE (SCREENSHOT IS BELOW)***CHECKED
    TOWER3D.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE*********CHECKED
    MAKE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON TO TALK TO TOWER3D***CHECKED
    IF YOU RUN ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MAKE SURE TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS IN TRUSTED MODE**CHECKED
    MAKE SURE THE COMMAND YOU ISSUE USES THE EXACT SYNTAX AS IT IS IN THE MANUAL***CHECKED

SOUND DRIVER IS THE LATEST*************************CHECKED
      TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE *** CHECKED

However, my problem remainedAfter further investigation, and assuming all the above steps have been verified,  I found a solution that works located in a post  - STEAM Tower! 3D pro discussion dated Oct 16,2017 titled “ Voice Recognition Woes”.  BTW - I'm using a Alienware 51 desktop with Windows 10. 

" I found an issue with Voice Recognition problem with Tower 3D! Pro but also with many other voice recognition softwares where a VR doesn't work etc ....
I found a solution that may help someone.

This can help someone with similar hardware or software in troubleshooting.Motherboard MSI Z170A Gaming 5 is eqquipied with Realtek HD Audio codec supporting natively "Nahimic" technology, software (hardware also?) for equalizing sound, processing input/output signals.
The problem is that Nahimic take the signal input from the microphone but doesn't send it to VR module.
Windows get the speech recognition correctly, but external softwares like Tower 3D! Pro, FS2Crew and similar seems that voice recognition module starts correctly but don't receive any input from microphone. Some external different modules for VR works well like in ATCPro (but recognition is so baaaad).

The solution is to close Nahimic program (blue icon with N) and with newest Realtek driver to check in task manager (alt+ctr+del / processes tab) if all Nahimic processes are stopped, provided by sound driver.
Then EUREKA ... It works again flawlessly .... 

Simply stated -   “ Open your Task Manager and "End Task" for all of applications titled  "Nahimic". 

I am having an issue with my speech quitting out after 5-10 minutes of a session. At the start of a session speech works perfectly but after 5-10 minutes it cuts out and all I hear is the sound when you press SHIFT. When I talk nothing happens nothing fills into the command bar. I have reinstalled tower multiple times but the issue has not solved itself. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

14 minutes ago, Ishish99 said:

I am having an issue with my speech quitting out after 5-10 minutes of a session. At the start of a session speech works perfectly but after 5-10 minutes it cuts out and all I hear is the sound when you press SHIFT. When I talk nothing happens nothing fills into the command bar. I have reinstalled tower multiple times but the issue has not solved itself. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

please provide the needed information as outlined in the first post of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, Ishish99 said:

You may have sticky keys enable. Check to make sure this isn’t your issue 

Can someone please explain the troubleshooting steps for voice issues

YES I READ THE FIRST POST YES I KNOW ALL THE STUFF YOU WANT ME TO POST

the issue I have is the game doesn’t decode my words properly. So I have the game running and I give a voice command and the game scrambles it  (win 10 all updates all drivers up to date all the steps followed etc). Then without switching out of the game I use the windows10 built in narration feature and it gets everything I say every time 

I know the computer can hear me and I know it can understand me. I know it’s not the microphone the only thing that’s changing is the game and the windows 10 narration. When I say the game misses I mean 2 becomes 6 and things like that. I know that windows and Cortana can hear and understand me flawlessly because of the narration so what gives?

yes everything is in admin mode etc before I screenshot and logs can someone offer me some guidance with the troubleshooting?

17 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Please check the following: 

1. Running the program in Admin mode. 

2. Your computer is set to US English. 

3. Your US English language pack is updated. 

As I noted everything is updated. The os the language packs directx etc. even the hardware drivers for everything 

yes the computer is set to English 

and yes as I noted it’s running in admin

I am using an external plantronics headset that has been properly configured etc

the  dictation features in the os and Cortana work with no issues at all but the voice recognition in the game is faulted.   You can see in the video that nothing changes except what is listening (the game vs the OS)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/js26m1go5mzsbn1/AAAmia4idqOah8bovtg3DlW6a?dl=0

that black bar at the top is the win10 voice to text feature that uses Cortana 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-speech-recognition-windows-10

While the video only shows one capture comparison I have tested multiple times and the game always makes odd changes to my voice especially with numbers and the native OS capture always captures it precisely

everything about this points towards a fault with the game which is why I’m trying to understand how to better troubleshoot this. 

Edited by Someguythere

59 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Do you have any voice recognition interface installed other than windows speech? 

Correct nothing else is installed and the computer is set up so only the plantronics headset (microphone) is enabled

As the video shows I am simply switching between the dictation and the game  I guess my next step is to create a new user profile? What are the things that can be affecting this odd behavior?

@Someguythere Listening to your video, you appear to be saying runway twenty six.  Try saying runway two six. ( distinct words spoken clearly)

The speech engine in the game does not like multiple numbers. i.e flight AA1234 will not recognise american twelve thirty four but will recognise american one two three four.

There is a list of what numbers the program recognises but I can't remember where it is.

Maybe someone might be able to help with the list location

Kev M

10 hours ago, 707FAN said:

@Someguythere Listening to your video, you appear to be saying runway twenty six.  Try saying runway two six. ( distinct words spoken clearly)

The speech engine in the game does not like multiple numbers. i.e flight AA1234 will not recognise american twelve thirty four but will recognise american one two three four.

There is a list of what numbers the program recognises but I can't remember where it is.

Maybe someone might be able to help with the list location

Kev M

granted but the problem is not with me saying the runways, its with me saying everything...  you can see that the voice to text this video is fine when its windows capturing (i accept that it will put too sicks instead of 2 6 as being an expected behavior) in this video here  i feel i am speaking at a reasonable pace and reasonably clearly... i have tried enunciating more as well as slowing down and speeding up....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh9emiwqy183apa/IMG_0882.MOV?dl=0

my thing is i expect both in game and voice to speech to behave almost identically and they are not and because the game needs to interpret things in a specific manner (magic to max etc) i believe the fault isnt with the voice capture its with the game....