The simFlight Network Forums

SimConnect Message Window

1 hour ago, Nervures said:

I use french text, into the "SimConnect Message Window", with accents.

Since 5.11 the accents have disappeared and are replaced by a "hieroglyph".

Sorry, I do not understand what you are doing. Are you using FSUIPC for the "SimConnect Message Window"? Did you use the "Message Window" with 5.103? 

I changed because the SimConnect Message Window is a much nicer one, and matches better the Lua windows I could make in FSUIPC4. And it doesn't get tangled up with the messages produced by ATC and so on.

If you are using facilities in FSUIPC, the I can only point out that FSUIPC does NOT tamper with any text being displayed. Therefore, if it has changed it is a SimConnect problem. 

If you can please clarify what you are actually doing I can determine whether to report this to L-M -- though you should do too, as you have first hand evidence.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Best thanks for your answer.

I use LUA script to send text into the "SimConnect Message Window version 5.11 " or "Message Window version 5.103".

ipc.display("Situation sauvegardée sous "..nomt,1,10).

Attached two screenshots.

The first with 5.11 and the second, as I keep the previous versions, with 5.103.

"sauvegardée" is correct with 5.103 not with 5.11.

Kinds regards.

Francis.

Screen Shot 508.PNG

Screen Shot 509.PNG

55 minutes ago, Nervures said:

Attached two screenshots.

The first with 5.11 and the second, as I keep the previous versions, with 5.103.

"sauvegardée" is correct with 5.103 not with 5.11.

I can't enlarge the images enough to make out what the display shows! If you or I are going to report this inconsistency to L-M we'll need something rather more readable. Please just do it again but grab only the area around that display you are creating.

As I said, all I've changed is the selection in the SimConnect_Text function. There is no option to specify encoding. I think this is another bug in P3D which revolves around their update to using Unicode. This change was responsible for major SimConnect problems in the Beta releases leading up to their first user release.

I'm sure it wil be an easy thing for them to fix. Please do supply the pictures of the two windows in a way the text can be compared.

Pete

4 hours ago, Nervures said:

New screenshots.

Thank you.  Yes, it definitely looks likeanother omission in the fixes L-M are supposed to have done to rectifysome of the mess converting to Unicode made.

I'll use your screenshots and my coding in a full report to L-M ready for them to read on Monday, and will expect a fix in a forthcoming P3Dv4 update.

Pete