The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Schedules

coyotedelmar

Hello all, been meaning to post this. I've been working on making some schedules for the different airports in Tower 3D from influence of Schedule Creator but wanting a bit more updated file. Anyways, right now got Philly done and play tested for the full run, and working on finishing San Diego and LAX (while play testing them as well). Should be very limited, if any, issues and real color compatible (at least for PHL). Feel free to give it a try, and leave some feedback. 

Again, right now it's just PHL but have SAN and LAX mostly finished, just need to add a couple hours then finish the test on them. Going to add the terminal file for PHL as well, but shouldn't need to update the airline file. LAX will, and I'll probably just make a new one for that (as I have for SAN). 

kphl_schedule.zip

FWIW, I've been using the KPHL files above in four sessions (fairly lengthy) and have yet to get any cargo planes to make any requests in our out. I see some planes over in the cargo area and FedEx is definitely some of them, but they just sit there. Perhaps they all only move as very specific times?

Update: I finally had some cargo planes fly into KPHL (Fed Ex and UPS), but still none departing yet. However, I have noted a couple of issues:

1. All the planes that come in on 9R can't taxi to the cargo terminal normally. Instead of just turning into the cargo area they first turn away from it towards the normal terminal and then do a complete 180 and then head into that area. If they miss taxiway Y then they do a complete circle from U to P and back onto Y. That gets very messy in traffic.

2. All my UPS aircraft have no art. The livery is just white. I also oddly had a Frontier flight with no livery markings as well while others do. Odd.

1. And who do you think is responsible for making sure planes exit on the right side?? ;-)) 

UPS1284 vacate runway right onto taxiway U(niform)

2. Only the aircraft from carriers in the real color addon that are also the right type as per the real traffic schedule have the correct livery, all other cases it is white..

Grtz

Willem 

11 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Update: I finally had some cargo planes fly into KPHL (Fed Ex and UPS), but still none departing yet. However, I have noted a couple of issues:

1. All the planes that come in on 9R can't taxi to the cargo terminal normally. Instead of just turning into the cargo area they first turn away from it towards the normal terminal and then do a complete 180 and then head into that area. If they miss taxiway Y then they do a complete circle from U to P and back onto Y. That gets very messy in traffic.

2. All my UPS aircraft have no art. The livery is just white. I also oddly had a Frontier flight with no livery markings as well while others do. Odd.

Regarding #2, assuming you have RC for the three original airports, no UPS liveries are included because no UPS flights were included in RT (another reason the RT schedules need updating). Using that same assumption, I'm not sure why Frontier is white. You should have a Frontier livery for a 319, 320, and 321. 

On 8/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kl408 said:

1. And who do you think is responsible for making sure planes exit on the right side?? ;-)) 

It just seemed odd that the other planes all managed to set up for correct entry while these guys don't. 

Didn't realize Vacate was even a valid option. Seems voice commands are far more flexible than using the interface.

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

Regarding #2, assuming you have RC for the three original airports, no UPS liveries are included because no UPS flights were included in RT (another reason the RT schedules need updating). Using that same assumption, I'm not sure why Frontier is white. You should have a Frontier livery for a 319, 320, and 321. 

I'm confused as I've seen screenshots of the UPS livery above. How is that happening? I own RT and RC. No other airports yet as Philly is my preferred airport so I'm lucky with that one. 

As noted, on Frontier I definitely have some. In fact this one with a white tail parked next to a plane with the full Frontier colors. Assumed it was something missing on the schedule. 

17 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Agrajag,

To help explain why the cargo A/C turn the wrong way exiting the runway:-

The logic in tower 2011 was that arriving A/C always exited the runway towards the side with the most gates. I guess the same logic was applied to Tower 3D. That's why all the A/C turn off towards the passenger terminal. As Willem said, use the vacate right command for the cargo terminal.

I use KPHL a lot and have both cargo arrivals & departures. Depends on schedule time. I always make my schedules using flight aware schedules,  suitably modified to make it more realistic. 

Have fun

Kev M

8 hours ago, Agrajag said:

I'm confused as I've seen screenshots of the UPS livery above. How is that happening? I own RT and RC. No other airports yet as Philly is my preferred airport so I'm lucky with that one. 

As noted, on Frontier I definitely have some. In fact this one with a white tail parked next to a plane with the full Frontier colors. Assumed it was something missing on the schedule. 

There is only one version of RT and there are several versions of RC which are airport specific.If all you have is RC for KPHL, then for Frontier the only liveries you'll see are the 320 and 321. Odds are the white plane you are seeing is a 319. And, again, no UPS liveries are included in RC for the three original airports. Any screenshots showing UPS liveries would indicate that the person has one or more of the Real Colors for KJFK, KSAN, and KATL.

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

There is only one version of RT and there are several versions of RC which are airport specific.If all you have is RC for KPHL, then for Frontier the only liveries you'll see are the 320 and 321. Odds are the white plane you are seeing is a 319. And, again, no UPS liveries are included in RC for the three original airports. Any screenshots showing UPS liveries would indicate that the person has one or more of the Real Colors for KJFK, KSAN, and KATL.

Wow. So this is quickly becoming a very expensive product. I'm not sure it's currently at a state that's worth that amount. I'll have to think about it.

Consider that first it was $50 for the base game. Then it was $9.95 for Real Traffic (which I would have to think most people would assume includes the liveries as the description is a bit less than clear on that point). So we're at $60. Then it's $6.99 for Real Color KPHL so we're up to $67 and still we find we're not getting everything.

So, to get the Frontier 319 and I going to have to spend $20 for one of the airports plus another $7 for the RC for that aiport and, if so, which one? Can I buy just the colors for each airport without the airport to get all the aircraft for KPHL or will they only work if you have the airport?

It feels from there that the only way to really cover the bases is to buy every product or else you're running the risk of having aircraft that aren't included. That's $174.80 and climbing.

Sure, I'm guessing that anyone that buys the core game, RT and RC for KPHL and leave everything default, then perhaps they don't get white aircraft, etc. However, this is clearly a product designed to tweak and their approach is just one I find less than optimal. Create an RC for the full product and offer that. I wouldn't have a problem with that, but to do it this way just feels greedy to me.

17 hours ago, 707FAN said:

The logic in tower 2011 was that arriving A/C always exited the runway towards the side with the most gates. I guess the same logic was applied to Tower 3D. That's why all the A/C turn off towards the passenger terminal. As Willem said, use the vacate right command for the cargo terminal.

Thanks. I'll do exactly that. Didn't realize, as I noted, that such a command was even possible as I've been mainly leaning on the built-in interface to figure out the game.

I use KPHL a lot and have both cargo arrivals & departures. Depends on schedule time. I always make my schedules using flight aware schedules,  suitably modified to make it more realistic.

Any chance you'd want to share that?

On 8/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kl408 said:

ll that didn't work. Here's what I typed as soon as the flight gave me the "Successful Landing" note:

FDX1704 vacate runway right onto taxiway U

I got back, "Negative".

A "negative" response means you've said or sent the command too late - the AI pilot has already determined the exit it will take. Try sending or saying the command earlier - I'll say it pretty close to the time the plane is touching down and definitely before the successful landing message.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, NoleJP said:

Hey Coyotedelmar, 

Any chance you can make sure that KSAN includes the new Thomas Cook flight that has been added to that airport recently?  Pretty sure it's a 767 -- saw it the other day when I was out in LaJolla playing golf haha

(if Thomas Cook is even the database yet) haven't had a chance to look

I can try to find it and make sure to throw it in there, Thomas Cook is in the database, though don't know if they have a livery or not. 

On 8/12/2017 at 6:09 AM, Agrajag said:

Yeah, they like to vacate left, which gets annoying. 

Going to attach a slightly modified schedule, I changed the Frontier 319s to 320s which should get rid of the white Frontiers (didn't know it was only 320s and 321s with liveries on the PHL real color). 

Oh and forgot to quote it, but there should be cargo departures, it's just not very many outside of early morning/late night. Digging through have a FedEx departure in the 0800 area, 0900 area, 2100 area, then a few FedEx/UPS around 2200. 4 or so UPS around 0800 (well closer to 0900 but in the 0800 range). 

kphl_schedule_alt.rar

Thanks for the reply and adding it in.  

Interesting about the KPHL issues.  Forgot to mention this on my prior but anyone else getting a lack of general aviation at PHL?  I've played 4-5 different session times (all during daylight hours) and not a single arrival or departure comes on the board.   

Im thinking of building a custom schedule which I will dub "Insane-o traffic". It'll be like playing the game on 1x speed but on a 2x-4x level speed ha! Anyone think they can handle it and wish to give it a shot? 

Joe, NoleJP 

18 minutes ago, coyotedelmar said:

Going to attach a slightly modified schedule, I changed the Frontier 319s to 320s which should get rid of the white Frontiers (didn't know it was only 320s and 321s with liveries on the PHL real color). 

For what it's worth, I don't mind the 319 being in there if it's accurate. It just means having to spend more money. It would be really awesome if you have maybe two files. One for real schedules and perhaps notes on which planes are not part of the default KPHL RC and one file that's edited for people that don't have the add-ons. Any shot at that?

18 minutes ago, coyotedelmar said:

Oh and forgot to quote it, but there should be cargo departures, it's just not very many outside of early morning/late night. Digging through have a FedEx departure in the 0800 area, 0900 area, 2100 area, then a few FedEx/UPS around 2200. 4 or so UPS around 0800 (well closer to 0900 but in the 0800 range). 

Yep. After thinking about it a bit I tried some early morning sessions and that suddenly brought cargo alive. In fact, it was the first time I saw planes refusing to depart from 9L. Several UPS flights have to depart from 9R.

4 minutes ago, NoleJP said:

Thanks for the reply and adding it in.  

Interesting about the KPHL issues.  Forgot to mention this on my prior but anyone else getting a lack of general aviation at PHL?  I've played 4-5 different session times (all during daylight hours) and not a single arrival or departure comes on the board.   

I too have never seen a single GA aircraft at KPHL. I hadn't even though of it before. Oddly, I live not far from KPHL and spend a lot of time there and have never seen a GA aircraft there in real life either!

Agrajag, 

really?  That's odd that an airport of that caliber has no gen aviation.  Rwy 8/26 is connected to the gen aviation. I think it's Atlantic Aviation if I remember the FBO correctly.  If you go on google maps and zoom that area it looks like there is plenty of private jets parked out there.  Strange nothing moves on the game from there.  

18 minutes ago, NoleJP said:

Agrajag, 

really?  That's odd that an airport of that caliber has no gen aviation.  Rwy 8/26 is connected to the gen aviation. I think it's Atlantic Aviation if I remember the FBO correctly.  If you go on google maps and zoom that area it looks like there is plenty of private jets parked out there.  Strange nothing moves on the game from there.  

I've seen some jets over there for sure, but assumed they were charters. In the game I've never seen a single aircraft sitting in that area. I have to force the Dash's over there to have any action on it whatsoever.

GA traffic is located in kphl_gaandlocaltraffic.txt. Neither FeelThere nor Nyerges has provided GA traffic for KPHL.

If you join the Tower_MP Discord server (see link below for details), I posted a GA file I created for KPHL. Otherwise, you'll want to use another file someone has created or build your own in order to see GA traffic.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, crbascott said:

GA traffic is located in kphl_gaandlocaltraffic.txt. Neither FeelThere nor Nyerges has provided GA traffic for KPHL.

If you join the Tower_MP Discord server (see link below for details), I posted a GA file I created for KPHL. Otherwise, you'll want to use another file someone has created or build your own in order to see GA traffic.

Does your file include cargo traffic? (Fed Ex, UPS, etc?)