The simFlight Network Forums

NAV1/NAV2 select in Garmin G1000

MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!
Please ALWAYS post Support Questions to the Support Forum!

Hello Pete,

How can I use a button assigned to offset 0x0374,(NAV1/NAV2 used in Garmin G1000), in FSUIPC?

I'm using Leo Bodnar's BBI-32 button box to control the Garmin G1000 on the Skylane T182T, it works very well with assigning buttons via FSUIPC but I cannot send this offset 0374 to select Nav1 or Nav2 to FSX.

do you know a way to do that or do I need another approach ?

Thanks in advance,

Koos, the Netherlands

8 hours ago, Kremi54 said:

How can I use a button assigned to offset 0x0374,(NAV1/NAV2 used in Garmin G1000), in FSUIPC?

MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!
Please ALWAYS post Support Questions to the Support Forum!

Offset 0374 is not supported in any revent FS or P3D versions.  I don't think a method was provided for that. 

Did you search through the list of G1000 controls? If there's nothing there, then you could try enabling FSUIPC Event logging, then operate the button in the cockpit and see if any control is logged for it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I tried to use FSUIPC Event logging to capture the command, however when I push the NAV-selector nothing is logged, other buttons are logged okay, so I think I am missing something, and I have no idea what.

So I will search the internet for an answer.

Thanks for uour help.

Regards,

Koos

34 minutes ago, Kremi54 said:

I tried to use FSUIPC Event logging to capture the command, however when I push the NAV-selector nothing is logged, other buttons are logged okay, so I think I am missing something,

No, I dount you are missing anything. Sounds like there is no provision for operating that switch by anything else but mouse. There have always been a few like that in default cockpits, and a LOT in add-on aircraft cockpits! That's what Mouse Macros were invented to deal with.  Try that method.

Pete