The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG QOTSII Taxi Light and other lights not programable

Hi,

I am trying to map the taxi light, nav lights, beacon lights, etc in FSX.  I am running FSX with acceleration.  Saitekpro Yoke and duel throttle quadrants (6 levers).  I have FSUIPC 4.97 installed and registered.  I see the option to program the switch for the taxi lights (toggle taxi) and have it set, but it will not work the lights.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Regards,

Jody 

25 minutes ago, wacopolumbo said:

I am trying to map the taxi light, nav lights, beacon lights, etc in FSX.  I am running FSX with acceleration.  Saitekpro Yoke and duel throttle quadrants (6 levers).  I have FSUIPC 4.97 installed and registered.  I see the option to program the switch for the taxi lights (toggle taxi) and have it set, but it will not work the lights.

The controls listed in FSUIPC are the FSX controls. with some sophisticated add-ons like those from PMDG, many of those will not ewrok because they implement their own systems.

They DO publish an SDK, which is already included in your aircraft folder, in which most of their switches are usable via special "custom controls". They are listed towards the end of the file of type .h. you need to search for the switches you need to operate, work out the control number, then assign it in FSUIPC to <custom control>, and enter the number you arrive at.

Sorry, I cannot be more specific. I do not use any PMDG aircraft.

Pete