The simFlight Network Forums

Axis assignment for dial-a-trim possible?

Hi, I hope but dont think am putting this inquire-re in right place but here goes, would it be possible to add/put a axis assignment in fsuipc or could it be assigned as is now in fsuipc5 for a axis like a joystick roller axis to be assigned to the dial-a-trim function in the tfdi 717 for p3dv4 to control the dial function on the flaps as I really like to assign special  control functions specific to different planes/rotorcraft ?? and if so would anyone mind pointing me in right direction to look in the manuals that would explain how to program it in correctly? Have scoured the manuals looking for how to do this and am either just not seeing it or reading it and it not registering in my head that what I'm looking at is how to do this

3 minutes ago, ssimm1958 said:

I hope but dont think am putting this inquire-re in right place

It was in the wrong place. Luckily I just noticed it whilst doing some housekeeping and moved it here, the Support Forum itself.  The subforums are really intended as repositories for reference information which stays readily svailable to all users.

4 minutes ago, ssimm1958 said:

would it be possible to add/put a axis assignment in fsuipc or could it be assigned as is now in fsuipc5 for a axis like a joystick roller axis to be assigned to the dial-a-trim function in the tfdi 717 for p3dv4 to control the dial function on the flaps

I'm really not sure what you mean by a "dial function". Flaps are normally controlled by a lever, with notches for the different positions. What aircraft has a dial (I don't know a "tfdi 717"), and what sort of dial do you mean?

FSUIPC does include flap assignments for axes with calibratable areas for each "notch". Those can set set differently for different aircraft -- by using different Profiles.

7 minutes ago, ssimm1958 said:

would anyone mind pointing me in right direction to look in the manuals that would explain how to program it in correctly? Have scoured the manuals looking for how to do this and am either just not seeing

What "manuals" did you look at? For FSUIPC you really only need the FSUIPC User guide. There are chapters on Profiles, Axis Assignments, and Calibration. I think you need to refer to those, and probably in that order. Please just ask specific questions if something confuses you, but i won't reproduce what it says in the manual here.

Pete