The simFlight Network Forums

v5 Installer Manifest

Pete, your FSUIPC4 installers have a manifest that requests escalated permissions; no need to run as admin as it will automatically request to do that. The FSUIPC5 installers do not appear to have this. Is there any chance this could be added to them? It makes running them out of the ZIP easier since I don't have to extract them from the archive.

On a side note, when you do your list of changes would it be possible to list the version that each change was added?

Cheers!

Luke

17 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

your FSUIPC4 installers have a manifest that requests escalated permissions; no need to run as admin as it will automatically request to do that.

I don't have a manifest for FSUIPC4! Whereare you seeing this?

17 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

The FSUIPC5 installers do not appear to have this. Is there any chance this could be added to them? It makes running them out of the ZIP easier since I don't have to extract them from the archive.

If you don't extract from the archive, where does the log it generates go?

Since I'm not sure how a manifest got generated for FSUIPC4 I don't really know what to do for FSUIPC5. Can you explain more please?

I was actually under the impression that Windows automatically elevated any thing with "Install" or "Setup" in the name. Is that not true? I though the change was that this didn't get applied to 64-bit programs -- something to do with the 64-bit registry stuff?

19 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

On a side note, when you do your list of changes would it be possible to list the version that each change was added?

I do that in the History document, but not in the interim changes updates. Normally there would be a new History document with each full Installer update, but i've been too busy recently working 18 hours a day on development and support alone. And yes, I know, this is because of taking holidays. But I think I'd be killing myself if i didn't.

Pete

1 hour ago, Luke Kolin said:

your FSUIPC4 installers have a manifest that requests escalated permissions; no need to run as admin as it will automatically request to do that. The FSUIPC5 installers do not appear to have this

Further on this, I have checked the VS manifest settings for FSUIPC4 and 5 installers, and they are identical (except of course for pathnames). So, I really don't this the difference is related to manifests. Or, if it is, I can't see where.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

Further on this, I have checked the VS manifest settings for FSUIPC4 and 5 installers, and they are identical (except of course for pathnames). So, I really don't this the difference is related to manifests. Or, if it is, I can't see where.

Now you have me curious. I'll take a peek on my end and see what's going on.

Cheers!

Luke