The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC INI folder

3 hours ago, Bueckerpilot said:

i am not able to construct  a Profile and i do not have an ini Folder in my FSUIPC 5

There's no INI folder, never was.

Perhaps you mean an INI file?

You do not need to access any files in order to "construct a prtofile". You just use the in-sim FSUIPC options, exactly as described in the documentation. Please refer to the User Guide. There are pictures to help.

Pete

Yes, i did in the FSUIPC Options and Settings, but the profiles are not stored and also changes in buttons like gear down and up is not stored.

Everytime i close the P3D and start again i have to programm everything again.

And sorry for using the term folder instead of file.I am not an expert, but i obviously have to be one.

Thanks for your quick reply, 

Thilo

2 hours ago, Bueckerpilot said:

Yes, i did in the FSUIPC Options and Settings, but the profiles are not stored and also changes in buttons like gear down and up is not stored.

Everytime i close the P3D and start again i have to programm everything again.

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC (5.121a) ? Because he problem you are talking about was known on Windows 10 systems where folks made the mistke of letting P3D install into the Program Files folders. That problem was fixed, at least in all test so far.

If you don't know what version you are using i suggest you download it again and re-run the installer.

2 hours ago, Bueckerpilot said:

And sorry for using the term folder instead of file.I am not an expert, but i obviously have to be one.

Not at all.  Maybe English is not so familiar to you? "Files" are items which go into "Folders". The term "folder" describes itself really, a place into which you fold things.

Pete

Yes, thank you,that`s right. And my horrible english makes it much more difficult for me to understand all the instruction files.

The version is, indeed,  FSUIPC 5.121a. I am considering about a hardware problem. The gear Lever is an original F-104 starfighter gear lever. It needs 24V

( removing ground logic)and then it is configurated via Leo bodnar board as joystick buttons. 2 buttons for up and down.That means one button (down)

is continuosly pressed when the P3D is started.Before tkoff i have to programm the button signals up and down without any profile settings. After tkoff

it works perfect. After resetting scenario and 2nd tkoff gear retraction nothing happens.Gear remains down.If i enter F-104 G as profile nothing happens

even at first take off.

What can i do? Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Bueckerpilot

3 hours ago, Bueckerpilot said:

The version is, indeed,  FSUIPC 5.121a. I am considering about a hardware problem. The gear Lever is an original F-104 starfighter gear lever. It needs 24V

With 5.121a there should be no problem with FSUIPC being able to write to the P3D Modules folder, because that installer will have set the appropriate permissions.

This needs checking, please, because it worries me that you aren't getting things saved.

Could you please find the P3D Modules folder and tell me what files are listed inside that folder? Just use Windows Explorer for this, as usual.

If you can, it would also be very helpful if you could check the folder permissions, because if they are not being set correctly it would be a serious Installer problem for me to fix.

To check Permissions, do this:

1. In Windows Explorer RIGHT click on the P3D modules folder,
2. Select "Properties" down at the bottom of the popup list.
3, You'll see a dialogue window called "Modules Properties". It has 5 tabs I think.
4. Select the "Security" tab. This will display a two part window. 
5. Look at the list at the top. there should be an entry labelled "Everyone". Select it.
6. Then in the lower list all the first 6 entries should be ticked.
7. That's it. Just click Cancel to exit.

Please tell me if this is hard to do, or if anything doesn't look like what I said.

Thanks,
Pete

Hello Pete,

thanks for your help. I did what you instructed .In the P3D modules folder are the following files:

-FSUIPC Documents

-FSUIPC5  Install

-FSUIPC5

-FSUIPC5.key

Then i checked the permissions and i ticked the first 6 of 7 entries.

Everything looks fine.

I have to check again the hardware. If i find a solution i keep you informed.

Thanks again,

Thilo

42 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

I did what you instructed .In the P3D modules folder are the following files:

-FSUIPC Documents
-FSUIPC5  Install
-FSUIPC5
-FSUIPC5.key

I assume "FSUIPC5" is actually "FSUIPC5.DLL".  Best to change folder properties in Explorer to stope hiding known extensions from you. Otherwise the DLL, LOG and INI files are all likely to look indistinguishable to you.

42 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

Then i checked the permissions and i ticked the first 6 of 7 entries.

Everything looks fine.

Is that for "Everyone"? So they were not ticked before?

If they weren't already ticked then something is going wrong with the Installer. Maybe it cannot set the permissions AFTER the Modules folder is created, but it should be able to. I need to know these things, please?

With those ticks added for "Everyone", and running P3D again, do you now get an INI and LOG file?

Also, if you've now changed them, best to re-run the FSUIPC5 installer.

You could also try
(a) running P3D4 "as administator", or
(b) deleting the complete Modules folder and re-running the 5.121a Installer to re-create it.

Pete

No, FSUIPC5 is not FSUIPC5.DLL. It is just FSUIPC5 in the modules folder and marked as a words data file.If i click on properties i can see, that it is a DLL data file.

So i reinstalled again and it is again marked as a words data file.How can i Change that it is marked as FSUIPC5.DLL in the modules Folder?

25 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

No, FSUIPC5 is not FSUIPC5.DLL. It is just FSUIPC5 in the modules folder and marked as a words data file.If i click on properties i can see, that it is a DLL data file.

If it isn't FSUIPC5.DLL then FSUIPC5 cannot be loaded and run, as that is where it has to be. I've no idea what a "words data file" is, sorry. Nor a "DLL data file". I'm pretty sure that by default Windows will label FSUIPC5.DLL as a "DLL file".  But unfortunately all those labels can be changed by any program which thinks it can use them!

That is what it is important to change the Explorer option as I said (this is also strongly recommended in the FSUIPC User guide).

29 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

So i reinstalled again and it is again marked as a words data file.How can i Change that it is marked as FSUIPC5.DLL in the modules Folder?

As I said, change the Explorer options so that it doesn't hide things from you!  In windows 10 this is by:

File -> Change folder and search options -> View -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

Pete

Now it`s FSUIPC5.DLL in the modules Folder.But still no storage of my button commands in P3D. At first time it works great, and after restart of P3D nothing happens. Then i have to

programm the gear functions again and it works fine. Especially i do not understand why the engine start button is stored perfectly in FSUIPC5 but the gear Buttons are not.

50 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

Now it`s FSUIPC5.DLL in the modules Folder.But still no storage of my button commands in P3D. At first time it works great, and after restart of P3D nothing happens. Then i have to

programm the gear functions again and it works fine. Especially i do not understand why the engine start button is stored perfectly in FSUIPC5 but the gear Buttons are not.

Er, wait a minute. Are you actually saying that you are assigning an Engine Start button, and it saves and reloads next time? Yet you say "still no storage of my button commands"!???

If that is the case, then there just MUST be more files in the Modules folder -- FSUIPC5.LOG and FSUIPC5.INI.

I now get the feeling you are looking in the wrong place. Try starting Explorer "as administrator (a right-button option) before looking. Maybe you are looking at only what Windows thinks you should be allowed to look at. (One of the big penalties of having P3D installed in its default location, "Program files". That is very much over-protected against us users. 

I never install any flight simulator in the place it wants to go. my P3D4 is in E:\Prepar3D v4, and my P3D3, P3D2 and FSX, similarly installed in simple folders outside of the system driver (C:) altogether.

Pete

Yes, the engine start Switch based on engine 1 autostart  in FSUIPC5 reloads perfect. But i was always talking about the landing gear up and down function,

that does not reload."still no storage of my button commands" of course refered to the landing gear function,

Ok, thanks again i will try to start Explorer as Administrator. I also suppose that i am looking at the wrong places.It`s not that easy for me, because in german

language there are a lot of other words for data files etc. and ,obviously, i am not an expert.The hint for the storage of P3D is also good.Thank you!

Great, that`s how it works. Thank you so much Pete,

i did how you instructed.I installed outside the System Driver (C:) and installed FSUIPC5 again  as admin. and now the landing gear function is stored perfect.

That is really an excellent support from you. Thank you again for your patience!

With retracted gear the F-104 goes so much faster and higher....