The simFlight Network Forums

[FIXED in OCTOBER 17 UPDATE]Null Key assignments not remembered on restart

Hi Fabio

Trying this app for first time in P3Dv4 (Win10 1703.15063.608)

I would like to use an Xbox 360 controller exclusively for FlightControlReplay, and clear the Keyboard assignments so as not to cause conflicts with P3Dv4. However, immediately after start-up and choosing options, there is no way to set null key assignments, so that the keyboard is not active.

If I change the chosen device, and come back to the keyboard, the keyboard asssignments are cleared, with the message "Press a button of Device". If I then save and close the window, then close the app, on re-start, the default assignments re-appear (U, J, L, M, N, K), and the action of clearing the key assignments is not remembered.

Can I clear all key assignments permanently, or does this feature need correcting?

Thanks

Dave Nash

Edit - A couple more things!

It seems that sample rate is not remembered on re-start either, I was hoping I could set a default.

Also, when I terminate a recording, this seems to cause P3Dv4 to re-load the scenery and screws up the flight. I think this must be a bug, as stopping recording the flight parameters shouldn't affect the sim.

Edited by dafyddp3d
Additional info

Hi Dave!

If you override your keyboard assignment with Xbox 360 or Xbox one pad assignment you dont need to clear keyboard assignment first. Permanently clear it comes if you re-assing to another device like in your usecase with Xbox controller. For sample rate not remembered i ll go in deep and i ll let you know ;-)

Thank you 

Fabio

OK, thanks Fabio, that will work for one session, but if I close the app after saving the settings,  and re-start, it seems that my chosen device is not remembered, and the app reverts to keyboard again. In addition, if I then re-choose the Xbox controller, my original button assignments are not remembered, and I have to re-set them, which is annoying! (The controller is still online while I do this)

I can't see how to make the Xbox controller the default, and make the button assignments permanent on close and re-start of the app.

Thanks for looking into my queries, great support!

Kind Regards

Dave

• FabioMerlo changed the title to [FIXED in OCTOBER 17 UPDATE]Null Key assignments not remembered on restart