The simFlight Network Forums

Calibration problems

Hy,

Everythings start whit brakes prolems. The différentiels brakes stay on, in the left corner all the  time. So i decided to desinstall and reinstall FSUIPC4.tinking that will correct the problem. I did that many times.

But now, instead correcting the situation, i have bigs problems with my installation of FSUIPC4.When i open FSX to have access to FSUIPC4, every things goes wrong. The plane runs fast on the taxy way whitout using the throttles because they are not calibrate yet. The yoke does not respond either. I can not move it, nor to the left nor to the right. The "BRAKES" stay on with "BRAKES DIFFENRETELS"  in red at the left corner.Also when i try to calibrate the brakes the values of the left brakes move only  in right brakes cases . I d'ont know what am i doing wrong. but still doing the same thing i was doing when i first install it.

I did a fresh reinsttallation of my Windows 7 recently, thinking that will correct thoses problems but nothing changes

Now i wish someone could help me because i love to fly.

I hope i post my demand for help at the right place. May be Pete Dowson could answer me.

FSUIPC4_prev.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

7 hours ago, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

Everythings start whit brakes prolems. The différentiels brakes stay on, in the left corner all the  time. So i decided to desinstall and reinstall FSUIPC4.tinking that will correct the problem. I did that many times.

That never helps.

All of your settings are held in the file "FSUIPC4.INI" in the Modules folder. Deleting that alone will remove all of your settings and allow you to start again and do it properly.

The différentiels brakes stay on, in the left corner all the  time.

You probably need to reverse that axis in the calibration tab. Either that or your calibration values are allwrong. Just press Reset and start again. Follow the numberewd steps in the Calibration chapter of the User guide.

I hope i post my demand for help at the right place. May be Pete Dowson could answer me.

You are in the right place, and I am he, but why post Log files when its your settings I need to see? Show me the FSUIPC4.INI file.

Have you disabled controllers completely in FSX?

Pete

Hy Pete,

sorry if i send you the wrong file. Now i will show you the ini file that i have.

I hope that will help. For the rest, i disabled every axes and bottons except for the hat swich in ch flight sim and ch flight stick.

For the calibration i follow the guide of Sim Samurai.

Jacques

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

sorry if i send you the wrong file. Now i will show you the ini file that i have.

No, that is a LOG file, not your settings file, the INI.

2 hours ago, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

For the rest, i disabled every axes and bottons except for the hat swich in ch flight sim and ch flight stick.

That is NOT "disabling", you are just de-assigning. The problem is that if FSX ever thinks you've attached the device again, or differently (which can happen any time), it will autmatically re-assign things, causing conflivcts. The only sensible ways are either ONLY use FS assignments, or use FSUIPC ones. for that, disable controllers in FS, not just de-assign.

There is a hat switch assignment for PAN VIEW in FSUIPC which operates the same as in FS assignments.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

No, that is a LOG file, not your settings file, the INI.

That is NOT "disabling", you are just de-assigning. The problem is that if FSX ever thinks you've attached the device again, or differently (which can happen any time), it will autmatically re-assign things, causing conflivcts. The only sensible ways are either ONLY use FS assignments, or use FSUIPC ones. for that, disable controllers in FS, not just de-assign.

There is a hat switch assignment for PAN VIEW in FSUIPC which operates the same as in FS assignments.

Pete

Hi Mr Dowson,

I d'ont understand. I am realy confused. I d'ont know how to disabling the axes and bottons.

What i am doing is the same thing i was doing before all those problems. And yet, it was working perfecly.

Now i have values for the throttle whitout assigning it .

Thoses values are - 1693 in and -16193 out.

The steering wheel does not fonction. The brakes stay on in the left corner.

For the INI.

It is the only one that i have.  If there are others,  can you tell me where it is.                                           i

Jacques

FSUIPC4.log

For all controllers you can tell F simply not to use them. That is the only safe way to prevent occasional automatic reassignment. I'm just checking where that is in FSX ...

... Settings - Controls - Calibration - "Enable Controller(s)".

Make sure that isn't checked.

You found the LOG file ! he INI file is next to FSUIPC4. DLL, the FSUIPC4.LOG, and the Subfolder called FSUIPC Documents.

I really cannot help you unless you show me that file so I can see how you got into this mess.

Have you ever looked at the User Guide at all? It advises you to change the Explorer folder options, to prevent Windows hiding filenames from you. INI files are probably labelled "configuration settings", but anyway it is best to find the folder options and turn OFF the option to hid known extensions for you. It will save you a lot of hassle with many programs.

Pete

Hi,

Still have problems whit The calibration. Now i have values in calibration whitout giving any values in axis assignmment.

Examples:

Left brakes Set 16383 in, 16383 out

Ailerons Set 896 in, 16384 out

Elevator Set 0 in 16384 out

Throttle -16193 in - 16193 out

The yoke does not move.

Jacques

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

37 minutes ago, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

Still have problems whit The calibration. Now i have values in calibration whitout giving any values in axis assignmment.

Which very clearly shows those axes must be assigned in FS, not in FSUIPC.

48 minutes ago, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

Examples:

Left brakes Set 16383 in, 16383 out

Ailerons Set 896 in, 16384 out

Elevator Set 0 in 16384 out

Throttle -16193 in - 16193 out

The yoke does not move.

When uncalibrated, as in your case, you expect the value OUT to be equal to the value IN, because there's no calibration -- and you have NO calibration at all. You've not yet bothered it seems!

Looking in your INI file you only have 3 assignments:

0=0X,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
1=3X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
2=3Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-

So you DO have Left Brake assigned. Nothing to throttle.

You have left brake and the yoke assigned "direct to FS calibration", but you haven't done ANY calibration whatsoever. None at all!  How do you expect that to work?

You apparently have never looked or followed the instructions for Calibration in FSUIPC, so there's no point whatsoever in assigning "direct". 

You need to ask youself why you are using FSUIPC. What is your purpose in doing so? If you want to use it, think before doing things, read about them 

If you just want to calibrate better, you do NOT have to assign in FSUIPC at all, but keep controllers enabled in FS and just use the calibration tab in FSUIPC.

But whichever way, you should follow the numbered steps to get things calibrated.

Pete

I have read many times the FSUIPC-QUICK START TUTORIAL.And also, i have follow the instructions for the assigments and the  calibration. I have also read the document of John Cook. I have also look at your guide but because  i am not a technician it seems very difficult to understand.      

The first time i have used FSUIPC, every things works fine.It tooks time to make the calibration but i was happy with the results. The raisons why i want use it, .was  because i had problems with the brakes and the yoke. I could not roll  on the taxiway in straight line.

You suggest to keep controllers enabled in FSX and use the calibration tab in FSUIPC. But it does not work either.

Can you tell me if i erase the keys of FSUIPC in the registre, that will help me to start a new installation of FSUIPC from scrath.

I also I reformat my pc but nothing change.

Jacques

On 9/29/2017 at 8:19 PM, Jaacques Beaudoin said:

You suggest to keep controllers enabled in FSX and use the calibration tab in FSUIPC. But it does not work either.

It is only the ASSIGNMENT of buttons and axes which should be in FS or in FSUIPC, but FSUIPC can CALIBRATE axes no matter which you use to assign them, as it detects the actual control being issued inside FS itself, not the joystick input.

If you assign in FSUIPC you should actually disable controllers in FS as the latter has a habit of doing automatic assignment without you noticing.

Pete