The simFlight Network Forums

Stalls when autosaving

HI

I get a very short stall - spinning pointer each and every 120 seconds. I have auto save set 120 seconds. I am assuming that this is the issue have have read about it before.

is there a way to resolve without turning off autosave.

It was present on a 13.5hr flight yesterday from EGLL - WSSS but in the PMDG B77w. I didnt have a signal crash so the system appears stable otherwise. Specs below

Specs | Intel I7 67000k | 16GB DDR3 | Asus Z170 Pro | Nvidia Geoforce GTX970 4095MB | 240gb OCZ SSD | 1TB Seagate SDHD |1TB WD HDD Windows 10 64bit | P3D V4.0 l AS p3dv4 | Ultimate Traffic Live | PMDG various |

Any helps would be appreciated

Daz

34 minutes ago, darenf said:

I get a very short stall - spinning pointer each and every 120 seconds. I have auto save set 120 seconds. I am assuming that this is the issue have have read about it before.

is there a way to resolve without turning off autosave.

The delay is not caused by FSUIPC or the sim itself, as the autosave call is simply the standard "save flight" call you can make normally in the menus. It is caused by aircraft such as (especially) the PMDG series, which freeze the sim whilst collecting al the systems data for their aircraft for saving too, in their own files.

And the only way to avoid that is not to use such aircraft, or not use autosave.

Pete

3 minutes ago, darenf said:

Appreciate the quick response. Have PMDG fixed ti their end do you know?

I don't know what they can fix. Either they save the data so the aircraft can resume exacty correctly if you need to load the saved fight, or they don't. If they didn't then presumably when you reload the flight you'd have a lot of setting up to do first, some of which may not even be possible when in the air.

But by all means ask in the PMDG support forums.

PMDG are particularly afflicted by this because of the detail of their simulations.  There will be others with similar problems, like, probably, FSL and one or two of the Aerosoft offerings. Simpler aircraft don't have so much data to collect and save.

Pete