The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.121.b and P3D V4.1 Strip display

Bonjour Pete,

Some products like PMDG aircrafts during init, FSIPanel...etc    display informations in a green strip at the top of the simulator window
Since P3DV4.1 when switching in full screen this strip is now square, small and positionned at the top left of the sim window, and difficult to read.

It was not like that in P3DV4, and I first thought of a bug in the 4.1 version, but when disabling FSUIPC everything is OK.

Any idea  ?

Cheers

Claude

7 hours ago, Claude Troncy said:

Since P3DV4.1 when switching in full screen this strip is now square, small and positionned at the top left of the sim window, and difficult to read.

It was not like that in P3DV4, and I first thought of a bug in the 4.1 version, but when disabling FSUIPC everything is OK.

Weren't you using FSUIPC before with P3D4.0, because it hasn't changed. It sets the window size and position to the way you set it, and this is recorded in the FSUIPC5 INI file. Several Simconnect Windows are remembered, so that you can move them where you wish and size them and have them return the same next time.

This facility was documented in the Changes document, thus:

13. SimConnect Window positions (including Menus) are saved in the INI file and (normally)
restored.

and

20. Version 5.121 quickly followed the release of 5.1 2 to fix a serious bug involving incorrect cursor
movements and Window sizes

If you aren't using the currently supported version of FSUIPC (5.121a) please upgrade now!

Otherwise, if you are on 5.121a, Isn't it working correctly for you? Have you tried resizing / repositioning the window to suit your needs? Alternatively you can delete the [Window ...] sections you'll find in the INI, so that they revert to default next time.

I might make this feature optional, enabled by an INI file. it seems to work fine for many, but not for one or two. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, really.

Pete

18 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Weren't you using FSUIPC before with P3D4.0, because it hasn't changed.

Yes I used FSUIPC 5.121b before without problem.

Do I have to revert to 5.121a as it seems this is the version supported ?

I will delete the [windows...] section and see how it works.
Thanks Pete for your answer

Cheers

Claude

Bonjour Pete

[Monitor]
Monitor0=0,0BC2,0,0

[Window.Message Window]
NewDocked=0, 1, 25, 113

[Window.SimConnectWindow]
NewDocked=304, 203, 352, 196

[Window.SimConnect Message Window]
NewDocked=96, 167, 1686, 76

As  products like PMDG,FSIPanel... don't use FSUIPC, it means that your dll intercept something when a display occurs. Am I right ?

Claude

After deleting the [windows..] in the ini file... same problem.

Exemple of display with FSiPanel.

The first time the green strip is ok, but once in full screen it becomes a square and stays like that even when returning to windowed mode.

Claude
fsuipc.thumb.JPG.7e38aa1e2c9342c587526abe066f2e8d.JPG

[Monitor]
Monitor0=0,0BC2,0,0
[Window.Message Window]
NewDocked=1, 3, 118, 28

59 minutes ago, Claude Troncy said:

[Window.Message Window]
NewDocked=1, 3, 118, 28

Very strange. FSUIPC can't invent those values by itself. It merely records the size it finds, when the Window is displayed.  Are you loading a flight which was saved a previous time that the window was like that? I think the sim saves them too. Or maybe even in the main CFG file.

I''ll be releasing an interim update either tomorrow or Monday which will, by default, not alter these windows.

Meanwhile, can you just try changing it your self -- stretch it, drag it, to whatever position or size you need. Let me know what happens then, please, and show me the [Window ... section of the INI afterwards.

Are you running the sim in Windowed mode? If so can you try full screen? (ALT+ENTER).

Pete

After strech it, drag it, and position it 

[Window.Message Window]
NewDocked=0, 2, 59, 15

39 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Are you running the sim in Windowed mode?

1 hour ago, Claude Troncy said:

The first time the green strip is ok, but once in full screen it becomes a square and stays like that even when returning to windowed mode.

To be more precise, I start the sim in windowed mode,  the strip window is OK. 
As soon as I enter the full screen mode, the strip become a square in the top left corner of the windows sim.

Then coming back to the windowed mode, the square stays in the top left corner.

39 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Very strange. FSUIPC can't invent those values by itself.

It was working well in P3D V4.0.

I think something has change in 4.1 in the way LM display the sim in full screen. I have the feeling that there is an extra flash during the change between full screen and windowed mode.

Claude

It was working well in P3D V4.0.

I think something has change in 4.1 in the way LM display the sim in full screen. I have the feeling that there is an extra flash during the change between full screen and windowed mode.

Ah, that's interesting. I'll check here.

FSUIPC's latest (since 5.121 actually) does not actually SET the position of that Window in anything but full screen mode. So what is likely happening is that P3D is trying to draw it in the position it should have been -- ie. starting much further to the left on the actual screen, butcannot set the left border outside its now smaller window. But why anything changed with 4.1 compared to 4.0 I don't know.

Can you go into full screen mode, please, and there change that display to whatever you want -- wider, taller, in a different position. That should work and be saved. I'm not sure I can do anything about Windowed mode though. How often do you swith between them? If a lot then I think you will need to wait for my interim updte, then disable the facility.

I tend to only use P3D in full screen mode, and I implemented the facility (which was requested) because it was so irritating that whenever I moved the windows to where I could read them, and AWAY from messing up the main forward view, from my cockpit window, next time I loaded P3D it was back to its normal place and size!

I only go into Windowed mode to access other programs, returning to full screen afterwards.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Can you go into full screen mode, please, and there change that display to whatever you want -- wider, taller, in a different position. That should work and be saved.

No that did not work......
But I found something new ! 
 I use DSR (4.00x (native resolution)) with my nvidia 1080.  It is the best way for me to have less shimmering with a good AA.
My native resolution is 1920 X 1200, P3D use 3840 X 2400 and the GPU downscale to the native resolution.

When I do not use DSR, I do not have the problem, and everything is as it was in P3D V4.00.

I will install the latest nvidia driver and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

How often do you swith between them?

It is not a problem I can live like that, and wait for your interim update.
There is no hurry !

Claude

But I found something new ! 
 I use DSR (4.00x (native resolution)) with my nvidia 1080.  It is the best way for me to have less shimmering with a good AA.
My native resolution is 1920 X 1200, P3D use 3840 X 2400 and the GPU downscale to the native resolution.

How curious.  I can only think that the full screen window position and size values are given in units corresponding to one resolution, and the the other resolution for the Windowed alternative.

I don't think I can automatically cope with that! However, if that's the only cause of the problem I may default to "Yes" for the FSUIPC rather than "No" and just have advice to disable it if it isn't working correctly on the way your system is set up.

I will have the interim update ready tomorrow. Check the "download Links" subforum above in the afternoon. It will be version 5.121c.

Pete

the

Bonjour,

Using P3Dv4.1 with FSUIPC 5 v5.121.b and recently I got these messages after flying 70 mn and PC was frozen on image.

2017-10-1916-49-52-565d8e1.jpg

2017-10-1916-50-56-7827d0f.jpg

Please can you help ?

How can I download version 5.121.c = =====> I have found. Sorry. I think this will solve my problem !

Thanks

Jean

N.B. Running Windows 10 64 bits Pro