The simFlight Network Forums

DIRECTING SIMCONNECT MESSAGES TO SECOND PC

Hi,

I believe it is possible to direct simconnect messages such as ones generated by proatcx to a client pc using wideclient.

I'm having difficulty finding how to do this. Im using the latest FSUIPC and WIDECLIENT versions together with p3dv4.1

Can anyone help

Thanks

Graham

1 hour ago, gsumner said:

I believe it is possible to direct simconnect messages such as ones generated by proatcx to a client pc using wideclient.

I'm having difficulty finding how to do this. Im using the latest FSUIPC and WIDECLIENT versions together with p3dv4.1

You mean on-screen SimConnect messages and menus, I presume. Whilst this was possible via WideFS in FSX and P3D1-3, and documented, it isn't currently implemented for P3D4, but awaiting some facilities from L-M. From what they have told me this should not be too far down the road, but there's no sign yet. I have been chasing this from time to time, as I have for the other facilities still outstanding.

This is one facility which I, too, am desparate for, because I find it totally annoying to have the realism i'm achieving with a full cockpit, with shell, and a 210 degree FOV curved screen for the outside view, to have these messages and the menus (especially) put in the sky in front of me.

The facility, when implemented, would apply equally to ProATC and GSX menus, though of course the GSX ones are less of an urgent need as they are only used on the ground, for taxiing and other ground activities.

Pete

10 hours ago, gsumner said:

I'm finding version 4.1 extra annoying as it pauses my sim several seconds before displaying the text from Proatcx. 

I don't think moving it to another PC will necessarily help with that. It is more likely to be a function of the way they menu is being generated. After all, the same sort of windows can be generated by my Lua plug-ins (I use them quite a lot when testing and developing), and they don't cause any delays. It isn't the displaying which is the problem.

L-M have recognised this as a bug and did actually confirm this in a reply to a thread you started in their SimConnect subforum, here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6310&t=127155

Pete

Yes you are correct Peter. I'm glad they recognised this pause as a bug and working on it. Not knowing the internals of software I thought the pause could have been caused by the drawing of text and menus. I'd like to have the menus displayed elsewhere just like yourself also as it does spoil the immersion of Flight. I'm sure we'll get there Peter. 

Thanks 

Graham