The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
copilot767

Setting up AI sound for P3d v 4.1

Hello..

Just re- downloaded your AI sound program. Bought it for years ago.

I have made my own ai-traffic by download liveries from different places. I have installed 3d sounds in simobjec\misc

and put soundai\soundai.cfg in a B737 livery- and yes it works : this is the path:   alias=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Traffic3D_Sounds\Jets\AI_B737\soundai

2 qustions: 

1: Is it correct I have downloaded the version from 2014 and not ULTIMATE traffic LIve version - are there any any difference in sound quality ?

2: Have set sound settings in p3d v4.1, If I increase engine sound, my own aircraft sound also increase- Are there any file to increase your 3d sound engine, to avoid my own aircraft sound increase ?

Chris from Denmark

Hello Chris

I think we went over quite a lot of your points when you emailed me! No there  is no  difference between  Traffic3D_Sounds and Traffic3D_Sound for Ultimate Traffic Live,however there is a big difference between the standard Traffic_Sounds and Traffic3D_Sounds,regarding sound adjustments,yes that can be done,but you would have to edit each soundai.cfg in the CAB files.