The simFlight Network Forums

Check if user is loaded in

CAG2

4 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

FSUIPC deals with local FS but not with networked clients. If you are looking for networked client action you will have to use Simconnect direct.

Thomas

All I ask for is a way to check if the local flight simulator running on the user's machine is loaded in and ready to go, via an offset or something. I do not need to do anything related to networking.

Hi,

Some relevant offsets you might consider are:

• 0x3364: Byte: "Ready to fly". A 0 value here means the sim is loaded and ready to fly.
  • 0x3365: Byte: "In Menu or Dialog": A 0 value here means the user is not in a menu or dialog.
  • 0x0264: Short: "Paused indicator". 0 here means not paused.
  • 0x05DC: Short: "Slew mode". 0 here means slew mode is not engaged.

Maybe a combination of these might work for you.

For more information on these offsets, check the documentation ( FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf )

Paul

1 minute ago, Paul Henty said:

Hi,

Some relevant offsets you might consider are:

• 0x3364: Byte: "Ready to fly". A 0 value here means the sim is loaded and ready to fly.
  • 0x3365: Byte: "In Menu or Dialog": A 0 value here means the user is not in a menu or dialog.
  • 0x0264: Short: "Paused indicator". 0 here means not paused.
  • 0x05DC: Short: "Slew mode". 0 here means slew mode is not engaged.

Maybe a combination of these might work for you.

For more information on these offsets, check the documentation ( FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf )

Paul

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed. I'm just too lazy to look through all the hundreds of offsets :P