The simFlight Network Forums

The good old Fsuipc freezing problem - solved

Hi all.

I came up against the freezing sim midflight about a month ago. All classic - Simconnect stops sending data to Fsuipc avery 12-13 minutes, and finally at some point brutal freezes. I must say, turning off weather engine or vPilot, or both sometimes helped. Not always, though. I was basically limited to two-hour at most flights, which was very upsetting.

I read all the threads dedicated to this problem, but found no solution. Then I vaguely remembered that just about a month ago I registered my copy of the Fsuipc. I had been using the unregistered copy before.

I desided to go back to the uregistered Fsuipc. I completely uninstalled the version I had and installed the odler trial version provided with the Blackbox Airbus set not activating it. It helped. I've already done a few 4-hour's+ flights - it didn't freeze.

As I can deduce now, the problem is the additional functionality of the full Fsuipc version. Namely, the autosave function, which, you may think you turn off, nomatter via the menu or in the .ini file, persists anyway. I can tell by the log file. The Simconnect reconnection is not a problem, it keeps doing it during the whole flight. The freeze appears only when the "Previous_flifgt.flt" file is created by the Fsuipc.

Glad if could help anyone.

3 hours ago, Wingedawe said:

As I can deduce now, the problem is the additional functionality of the full Fsuipc version. Namely, the autosave function, which, you may think you turn off, nomatter via the menu or in the .ini file, persists anyway. I can tell by the log file. The Simconnect reconnection is not a problem, it keeps doing it during the whole flight. The freeze appears only when the "Previous_flifgt.flt" file is created by the Fsuipc.

This is not in any way realted to autosave.

Previous flight files are ONLY created when FSUIPC receives a closing down notice from SimConnect. It is to provide a facility which was provided in FS2004 but seemed to get lost in FSX. Previous flight files are useful when folks always want to start up their next session from where they left the aircraft last time -- all that is then needed is to set the Previous Flight file as the default.

If you are getting Previous Flight files saved during a session when something, somehow, is telling FSUIPc things are closing down. Maybe you should show me a pertinent log?

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

This is not in any way realted to autosave.

May be, Pete. I'm not programmer, you must know better.

But I know for sure two things:

1 - it's only after the "Previous_flifgt.flt" file is created that everything dies. Simconnect keeps failing to send data to Fsuipc all the time with no affect.

2 - the file is created by some Fsuipc feature that is absent in the trial version, and you cannot switch it off in present versions.

I'm not trying to teach you, Pete, I appreciate you've done great job giving the world Fsuipc, but probably this is where you should dig - identify this feature and make it controllable, for it does solve the problem that has been lasting for years now.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Wingedawe said:

1 - it's only after the "Previous_flifgt.flt" file is created that everything dies. Simconnect keeps failing to send data to Fsuipc all the time with no affect.

2 - the file is created by some Fsuipc feature that is absent in the trial version, and you cannot switch it off in present versions.

Of course. It is a licenced user benefit. Without being registered FSUIPC acts ONLY as an interface for other programs. That's its free function and has been since 1998. The licencing simply enables all the USER facilities.

You also didn't read my last message properly. The Previous flight file is ONLY created at the end of the session, for the reasons I stated. If you are getting it created more often then there is something else wrong which i would like to solve.  And merely not writing that FLT file will not solve problems of "Simconnect failing to send data".  After a close down notification to FSUIPC, FSUIPC disconnects from Simconnect, of course.

THAT is why I asked to see a Log file with this occurrence happening. Why do you refise?

20 minutes ago, Wingedawe said:

but probably this is where you should dig - identify this feature and make it controllable, for it does solve the problem that has been lasting for years now.

I KNOW the feature, and it is harmless and operates on session shut down only. If FSUIPC senses a shutdown then other things will also go wrong. I need to identify the cause, not give you a  new switch which should be completely unnecessary.

Please PLEASE actually read what i write! I would like to solve the problem, not just add yet more options, but since this only appears to affect you, I need more data, which is what i asked for!

If you have had this weird problem for "years" as you say, why have you never come forward and stated so, AND supplied data about it? I HATE bus in my software and do all I can to fix them as fast as I can. FSUIPC is continuously updated both with improvements and new facilities and as part of that I fix any other problems people have.

Unless you can find the time to at least generate a log of this occurring and supplying it,I cannot do a thing.

Pete

Relax, Pete. I'm not trying to be negative. And you really don't have to strive nomore, because, as I have said above, I've sorted out your problem.

As for the log, my mistake, I didn't save one. And I'm not going back to recreating this bug to make one, sorry. So, I can't give you my log. On the other hand, people have been writting to you about this problem at least since 2013, and you haven't come up with a solution, so I seriously doubt that my log would make any change.

I didn't write to you before, because I came across the freeze problem recently, which I already said above and you probably read it, as, unlike myself, you read forums very carefully.

The purpose of my post here was not asking you to help the bug, as you don't seem to be doing very well at it. I just found a walk around that actually worked and I want to share it. That's it.

Good luck finally nailing down the bug.

25 minutes ago, Wingedawe said:

Relax, Pete. I'm not trying to be negative. And you really don't have to strive nomore, because, as I have said above, I've sorted out your problem.

I don't think you have, unless you are running with an unregistered FSUIPC. I need to fix whatever it is in case it affects others, whether you are interested in a fix or not.

The purpose of my post here was not asking you to help the bug, as you don't seem to be doing very well at it. I just found a walk around that actually worked and I want to share it.

But if what 2actually worked" is not registering FSUIPC and so not using any of its facilities, then it is not the solution!

Good luck finally nailing down the bug.

Well, thanks,, but how am I supposed to even start to do that with no useful information, simply becaue you refuse to supply it? There are no other reports at all, and it certainly doesn't make sense to me with the information you have so far supplied. The logging FSUIPC produces is precisely for such an eventuality, and all I need you to do is show me that logging!

And "finally" is an odd word to use when this was an unreported problem until your post of just 9 hours ago!

If you are not interested in assisting in this way, then it will be ignored as a non-bug, just a problem in your system.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't think you have, unless you are running with an unregistered FSUIPC. I need to fix whatever it is in case it affects others, whether you are interested in a fix or not.

Exactly, YOU need to fix what causes those freezes. But you haven't proven effective for years now. And I state that what allows you to fly without freezes is using the trial version. This is just a simple fact. Maybe this could give you a clue?

But if what 2actually worked" is not registering FSUIPC and so not using any of its facilities, then it is not the solution!

It is the solution! Don't you think that all those wonderfull facilities are crossed out by the impossibility to make flights itself? What I'm trying to say is you should have found a solution rather than ignoring the problem for years.

how am I supposed to even start

Man, you're funny. Here's a thread back from 2010: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/284736-fsx-stopsfreezes-regulary/ . People discussing this same issue.

Here is 2012: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/374006-fsx-freezes-every-2-minutes-for-about-15-seconds-with-ngx/. You can google some more, latter. You participated in some of them youself. But all you say is give me your log files. All you did during those years is read tons of logs. Do you really need one more to start getting the idea that people ARE having problems and what kind???

And yes, that was a problem in my system, like in dozens of other systems (if not thousands) that have also been ignored by you as non-bug reports. But I have solved it and it's no longer in my system.

That's what I was up to from the start. Please feel free to ignore this thread. It's no use anyway.

Bless you.

1 hour ago, Wingedawe said:

Exactly, YOU need to fix what causes those freezes. But you haven't proven effective for years now. And I state that what allows you to fly without freezes is using the trial version. This is just a simple fact. Maybe this could give you a clue?

Unfortunately, this isn't a fact. I get reports of freezing with unregistered versions of FSUIPC, and I have a registered version that works flawlessly with PMDG 737 and 777 aircraft on flights of up to 16 hours.

There's definitely something related to flight saving, but I'm pretty certain that it's not FSUIPC that is the cause, merely the trigger.

Cheers!

Luke

53 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

Unfortunately, this isn't a fact. I get reports of freezing with unregistered versions of FSUIPC, and I have a registered version that works flawlessly with PMDG 737 and 777 aircraft on flights of up to 16 hours.

There's definitely something related to flight saving, but I'm pretty certain that it's not FSUIPC that is the cause, merely the trigger.

Cheers!

Luke

Well, it is definitely a fact with me. I tried all I could think of, and freezes were gone only when I deleted the licence. This problem isn't universal, but many people have it. All I suggest is try my way to whom it may concern.

BTW, it's very witty to pay for the full version of what didn't work properly in trial )))

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 9:56 PM, Wingedawe said:

BTW, it's very witty to pay for the full version of what didn't work properly in trial )))

There's no trial version of FSUIPC, never has been.

I'm closing this thread now. If you can't even supply a log showing the problem then I cannot help you. There's no point in tis futile discussion continuing. I support and fix problems IF there's information from those who encounter them, but you simply do not cooperate.

Pete