The simFlight Network Forums

Ipc.macro in FSUIPC5 for 64-bit

Hi Pete

Can you confirm whether ipc.macro is available in FSUIPC5? It is not something I have ever used but one of my users has asked the question. The lua document still lists it as available but I read from other threads that mouse macros (similar?) are not implemented. 

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

Can you confirm whether ipc.macro is available in FSUIPC5? It is not something I have ever used but one of my users has asked the question. The lua document still lists it as available but I read from other threads that mouse macros (similar?) are not implemented. 

Yes, of course. It is only executing existing macro files, ones you can assign. It uses the offsets you can program to.

Macros are any macro file containing one or more commands. The term "mouse macro" refers specifically to a macro file created using the mouse macro facility, where FSUIPC records actual code positions in the add-on Gauge DLLs to which it will jump when the macro is instigated. 

Mouse macros are but a small and increasingly insignificant type of macro file which work in less and less aircraft because of the lack of use of the old C/C++ FS2002 SDK libraries and code examples for building gauges.  I doubt if anything like that will ever be available for P3D4, though I've asked L-M if there's any way they can do something to the same effect without having to make direct calls into their code.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Con Cosa? Puoi usare un traduttore? Non c'è davvero nessuna informazione che possa vedere nei messaggi precedenti.

Pete

hello I'm building a home cokpit 737 using p3dv4 and pmdg737. I bought fsuipc 5 to assign but botton and switches do not find the macros. And i do not know how to do communicate linda with fsuipc pe4che tells me fsuipc file not found

3 hours ago, Davide said:

hello I'm building a home cokpit 737 using p3dv4 and pmdg737. I bought fsuipc 5 to assign but botton and switches do not find the macros.

With PMDG's 737 there are "custom controls" for everything. It doesn't use normal FS controls.

These are documented in the file ending in ".h" in the SDK folder, in the aircraft folder. The controls are listed towards the end. You have to calculate the custom control number then assign it to <custom control> in FSUIPC.

There are no mouse macros in FSUIPC5.

For LINDA you need LINDA support. I cannot really help with that.

For PMDG aircraft you can also check the PMDG support forum and the User Contributions subforum above.

Pete

11 hours ago, Davide said:

hello I'm building a home cokpit 737 using p3dv4 and pmdg737. I bought fsuipc 5 to assign but botton and switches do not find the macros. And i do not know how to do communicate linda with fsuipc pe4che tells me fsuipc file not found

Davide, take a look at the LINDA Support forum for information on LINDA. We have a fully functional module that should meet your needs. This provides specific functions for most controls, buttons and knobs provided your cockpit emulates button pushes. Under the download sub-forum you will find links for LINDA 3.0.4 and the specific module for the PMDG737NGX. 

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

no news for MACRO option in Fsuipc5 ?

Macros (i.e .mcro files with sequences of commands) are the same in FSUIPC5 as before.

Perhaps you mean "mouse macros" which are just one specific type of macro only applicable to cockpit panels written using the FS2002 C/C++ gauges SDK. I really don't think any P3D4-compatible panels will be suitable even if the facility was somehow still possible.

If that is what you mean, I am seeking solutions to the problem of accessing mouse-action only switches and dials, to allow keyboard and hardware button/switch assignment, for cockpit panels -- though I am not currently aware of any panels with such problems -- but I don't yet have a solution.

Pete

I read the lua plugin manual but it is not as simple and intuitive as I thought.

Is there any sample tutorials around? I should also interface a mega arduino to various input outputs?

To know then the lvars corresponding to a specific offset?

Hi,

check the \Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ folder there is a Example LUA plugins.zip that includes all sorts of examples.

Lvars are related to instruments and switches of gauges and if not covered by default functions then you will not find them in the Offset list. But with a Lua plugin you can then handle those Lvars.

The Example Lua plugins.zip includes as well a plugin to read and log those Lvars.

Thomas