The simFlight Network Forums

KBOS - Unable to use some runways

Paulo Menezes

As a workaround, you can manually type the runway into the command line. One option is to manually type the entire command. Probably the better option is to select one of the runways that is on the command panel and then backspace over the runway and type in the one you want. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

All the runways are there on my KBOS DLC

15L/33R is a short runway is 2,557 feet (no commercial a/c use)

15R/33L is 10,083 feet (All A/C)

4L/22R is 7,861 feet (All A/C - Some Heavy A/C)

4R/22L is 10,005 feet (All A/C - Some Heavy A/C)

9/27 is 7,000 feet (Most A/C)

14/32 is 5000 feet (14 used for departures only & 32 used for arrivals only by court order unless emergencies exist)

83CF0C80-930C-4A52-8042-98088BCB703F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, HappyNUyear said:

All the runways are there on my KBOS DLC

15L/33R is a short runway is 2,557 feet (no commercial a/c use)

15R/33L is 10,083 feet (All A/C)

4L/22R is 7,861 feet (All A/C - Some Heavy A/C)

4R/22L is 10,005 feet (All A/C - Some Heavy A/C)

9/27 is 7,000 feet (Most A/C)

14/32 is 5000 feet (14 used for departures only & 32 used for arrivals only by court order unless emergencies exist)

83CF0C80-930C-4A52-8042-98088BCB703F.jpeg

I understand all runways are usable, but 22L (maybe others, didn't notice) does not appear on the Command Panel for use with the mouse.  No biggie, I've just been typing it in.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, Paulo Menezes said:

Hi.

I´m unable to send aircraft to the runways 15L, 33R and 22L for departure and landing. Is there a way to use them without voice recognition? Those runways don't appear at the Command Panel.

You know that you can right click the runway (or runway intersection for shortened take-off's) in the ADIR window?

Select the aircraft > Click the pushback button > right mouse click on the runway where you want it to take off from > Click SEND 🙂

For Landing it's the same. Select Aircraft > Click the 'Enter Final' button > Right click on the runway in the ADIR window > Click Send

The only time this becomes a bit awkward, is if there is an aircraft already lined up at the runway point you want to use. You have to wait for it to move.

Yes, I know. It works for 22L, but not for 33R, where there are intersections that are selected when clicking. Try for exemple when to direct a landing PROP to 33R. I'm unable to select it without selecting "33R @22L" (if I'm not wrong). And for departure, if you click "33R @22l" the plane simply doesn't move.

3 minutes ago, Paulo Menezes said:

Yes, I know. It works for 22L, but not for 33R, where there are intersections that are selected when clicking. Try for exemple when to direct a landing PROP to 33R. I'm unable to select it without selecting "33R @22L" (if I'm not wrong). And for departure, if you click "33R @22l" the plane simply doesn't move.

Ah OK.

I don't use that runway. i would be more tempted to use 14/32

In all honesty, certain runways should not be available on pushback.  Runway 32 is not used for takeoffs since some planes may not clear the hotel at the runway,  15L/33R is really too short for anything other than a Cessna.  In real life these runways are not used for takeoffs and runway 14 is not used for landings due to the hotel.  Runways 15L/33R is very very seldom used for any landings and if used it is for Cessnas and small jets.  This runways is most often used as a taxiway which we cannot use in the current version of Tower.  The question for @FeelThere is there a better way to handle airports with a large number or runways but not enough room to display them?