The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

STB V4 for Prepar3D v4 updates

Coming soon, updates for STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.  I've already fixed the following:

- Remove the STBTag from add-on.xml if it exists, which resulted in the simulator reporting content errors (just cosmetic rather than functional).
- Fixed bug preventing the Prepar3D SimConnect Client version being reported in settings notebook.
- Removed AIRound indicator, and some of the code associated with AIRound.
- Fixed length of "Page" indicator so it displays the full text of "page x of y" when using STB without scroll bars.
- Added "Do not Change" option to the list of views available to change automatically to when commanding follow/shadow AI.
- Improved behaviour of board in response to user repositioning during FollowAI: Flights are no longer predicted nor auto select closest airport re-evaluated each time the user aircraft is moved by Follow AI.  Note we cannot prevent the SimStopped and Simstarted callbacks when the reposition occurs, which is seen on the board as a short lived updated to the heading text.
- Fixed bug where departures that had left reality bubble did not get an updated departure remarking referring to yesterday when midnight is crossed.

Next I plan to have a look at the following:

·        - Review Depart/Arrive now options for STB replacement aircraft created at the gate
- Departure schedules for replacement STB arrival flights are not allocated to the corresponding predicted flight.
- Dead flights are not removed after switching from predictions mode to summary

After that, I plan to have a look once again at the Prepar3D V4 camera system.  An initial analysis suggests there are no easy solutions to replace what was lost in moving from V3 to V4.