The simFlight Network Forums

PFC console

Hi Pete

I have an issue with my PFC console ,I am unable to assign the aileron and elevator through FSUIPC , what is happening whenever I fly I get sudden unexpected aileron deflection and can not get rid of it. The PFC has normal sensors but has an internal calibration system ?

Thanks

Eric

25 minutes ago, eric737 said:

I have an issue with my PFC console ,I am unable to assign the aileron and elevator through FSUIPC

What PFC console is this? Does it use my PFC modules 9PFCFSX.DLL or PFCcom64.DLL for serial port, PFCHid.DLL or PFCHid64.dll for USB HID devices? Or is it a true joystick device, recognised as such by Windows and by FSX or P3D?

27 minutes ago, eric737 said:

what is happening whenever I fly I get sudden unexpected aileron deflection and can not get rid of it.

How is it assigned then, if you can't use FSUIPC?

Sorry, but you aren't providing much information.

28 minutes ago, eric737 said:

The PFC has normal sensors but has an internal calibration system ?

Really? Not one I know then. Mine all use plain potentiometers and most certainly need calibration.

Pete

4 hours ago, eric737 said:

The unit is a PFC  C2 professional?

So, as I asked previously, is that the one using my PFChid.DLL or PFChid64.DLL, or is it self-supporting or with its own driver? (I'm afraid I don't keep up with PFC developments over the years).

Also you've not ansswered the other questions in my previous reply.  Could you take a look, please? I think it will be quicker for me to get to a point where I could suggest things one I have all the relevant information.

Pete

45 minutes ago, eric737 said:

Looking at the console it has his own driver

Supplied by PFC? What is that called and where does it run, an EXE or a DLL?

46 minutes ago, eric737 said:

yes it uses PFChid.DLL

So the throttle quadrant levers are assigned in FSUIPC, but if it's the console I used to know I'm pretty sure everything else if done automatically. You don't need to assign anything else.

You've still not answered questions which might enable me to help! Have you disabled controllers in FSX? Because the most likely thing that is happening is that you are seeing some automatic assignment there which is interfering!

Show me the FSUIPC4.LOG from the FSX Modules folder.

59 minutes ago, eric737 said:

however if I connect the 2 pot to a bodnar card I still have no luck to get the assignment done

Sorry, what "2 pot"? Are you deconstructing the console? Building your own controls?

I think you need to sort all this out with PFC. I can't figure out what you've got or what you are doing from your posts here. You seem to feed one snippet of information through at a time, some of which appears contradictory.

Pete