The simFlight Network Forums

No Macro maker

21 hours ago, Cat 3508 said:

I have a registered version of FSUIPC 5.121b, and I cannot see any macro making facility available at all. All my earlier versions had this, just seems a bit strange, unless I had a bad download.

I assume you mean "mouse macros", which aren't supported in P3Dv4.

Macros generally are made by yourself using a text editor, and are simply assignable sequences of controls or commands. "mouse macros" are similar, but are encoded with an actual code offset in the Gauge DLL or the relevant aurcraft (and it's specific version or issue). All the "macro making" facility did was determine which code offset would do the job of operating the switch.

Mouse macros have become almost useless over the years as more and more add-on aircraft have moved to other methods -- mouse macros depended on gauges being very strictly written using the old FS2002 SDK issured by Microsoft. Even MS themselves didn't do that for many of their default gauges. By FSX time many gauges were being witten in XML, where usually Local Panel Variables (L:Vars) are more applicable, and some, most notable the PMDG series, provided a complete set of "custom controls". Both systems can be used in FSUIPC.

P3Dv4 gauges will invariably have been re-written and re-compiled using the L-M 64-bit tools.

Pete