The simFlight Network Forums

need a little or alot of help :) Brakes and speed

I have a Saitek Pro Yoke and a rudder (Tiny Box-VKB) that does not have toe brakes. Later Tiny Box pedals support toe brakes. Ok My problem... I want to use the Red Button on the right side of yoke to apply brakes. Push button to apply brakes and push button to release brake. I am using the keyboard . to set or release choke at gate because I can't get the parking brake to hold..this is the only way I can get the plane to stop backing up. I can use fsuipc or a few commands for p3dv4.1 to do. Whats the best way to do this. Hope I am making sense. lol.

2- When I release brakes the pmdg 737ngx goes like a "bat out of hell". I can I slow this beast down..without hitting brakes. I am using the throttle quadrant 1st lever for throttle and I do have reverse set up ok. When I am taxing..would like to keep the plane around 10 mph and not 50mph..lol

Any help appreciated.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays,

Bob M.

THREAD MOVED FROM "USER CONTRIBUTIONS" SUBFORUM FOR ATTENTION
Please note that your post is a support question, but you posted it as a "contribution" as if were useful to others as it is. Please ALWAYS post support questions to the Support Forum!

18 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

I want to use the Red Button on the right side of yoke to apply brakes. Push button to apply brakes and push button to release brake.

The problem is that the sim really does not provide a brake you can lock on like that, other than the parking brake, so you'd have to assign it to the parking brake. But you say:

because I can't get the parking brake to hold

And why is that? Surely you remove thrust before applying the parking brake? The toe brakes don't apply any more brake pressure than the parking brake. In most aircraft they are the same -- the parking brake merely holds the same brakes on.

this is the only way I can get the plane to stop backing up

"Backing up"? Are you setting reverse thrust for some reason? Why would it "back up"?  Surely you aren't parking on a slope?

When I release brakes the pmdg 737ngx goes like a "bat out of hell". I can I slow this beast down..without hitting brakes. I am using the throttle quadrant 1st lever for throttle and I do have reverse set up ok. When I am taxing..would like to keep the plane around 10 mph and not 50mph..lol

You must have the throttle too high. Most aircraft, and especially airliners line the 737, only need any significant amount of thrust to start moving. After that you can taxi around pretty much at idle thrust, with perhaps a little nudge after slowing for corners.

I think you just need to sort your use of the controls you have. The PMDG 737NGX behaves almost perfectly with good control.

If you want suggestions for using your NGX I think you need to go to the PMDG forum for that aircraft.

Pete