The simFlight Network Forums

Newbie Question

I'm new to FSUIPC and I'm setting up everything I can in my Real Air Duke Turbine.  My question is I want to set up a voice command in Voice Attack that will put my throttles in reverse thrust.  However,  the F2 keypress needs to be held down for 1 second in order to get the throttle into reverse thrust.  Can FSUIPC hold the F2 key down for 1 second in order for this to happen?  Thanks for your help.

Rodger

2 hours ago, RetiredFE said:

I'm new to FSUIPC and I'm setting up everything I can in my Real Air Duke Turbine.  My question is I want to set up a voice command in Voice Attack that will put my throttles in reverse thrust.  However,  the F2 keypress needs to be held down for 1 second in order to get the throttle into reverse thrust.  Can FSUIPC hold the F2 key down for 1 second in order for this to happen? 

Not specifically, no. there's no timer facility associated with assignments.

And the F2 key is simply the default key assigned to "throttle decr", which would be more efficient.

Are you sure the "one second" is what it needs, or just sufficient repeats of the command to get the throttle value back enough into the reverse zone (i.e. negative)?  I think that's more likely, because all holding a key down does is send the same key repetitively at about 10 times per second (depending on keyboard and Windows version).

What you could do is  either try multiple assignments doing the same thing. For that you'd need to assign it once in the FSUIPC Assignments screen then edit the settings file (FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC5.INI in the Modules folder) to reproduce the line it saves with different line numbers (the value before the '=' sign).

But much better would be to send the -ve value for the throttle needed with just one assignment. "ThrottleN_SET" (where N is the engine number) with a -ve parameter. What the value of that parameter should be would need to be found by experimentation, but generally -4096 gives max reverse for most aircraft.

For one assignment operating on both engines you would assign to Throttle1_SET and Throttle2_SET, either by assigning one on Press and the other on Release, or, again, by adding the other manually in the INI file. (The control numbers are listed in a document in your FSUIPC Documents subfolder, in the Modules folder).

Pete

On 12/7/2017 at 7:53 PM, RetiredFE said:

Thanks Pete for the quick response.  I'll try your suggestions.  Much appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi...

Also - Voice Attack should be able to accomplish what you want as well - press and hold key - sleep - release key... VA can then map it to a joystick button as well if you’d rather that than verbal commands... If you need help Rodger - lol - I believe you know where I live...

Regards,

Scott