The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC 5.122

Hi Pete,

I hope you can help me in solving this. I've just restored my system and installed P3d v4 because some ad-dons (e.g Active Sky) were not working properly. To confirm everything was fine, I run the simulator with no ad-dons. It was perfect. After that, I installed the last version of FSUIPC (using the full installer) and I went ahead with the registration. And here comes the problem.

Once I start p3d, I can see the program loading but just for a few seconds. Then, it suddenly disappears. I don't understand why, but I can see the process running in the Task Manager, but there is no other active window or anything in the task-bar. If I delete the Modules folder, the simulator returns to normal and it opens without a single problem.

Can you help me in identifying what's wrong?

Thanks for your help,

5 hours ago, m273898 said:

Once I start p3d, I can see the program loading but just for a few seconds. Then, it suddenly disappears.

You don't mention what version of P3D you've installed, but it sounds like it is 4.0. as stated in the changes notes in the FSUIPC 5.122 download, it is not compatible with 4.0, you MUST update P3D to 4.1.

Pete

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You don't mention what version of P3D you've installed, but it sounds like it is 4.0. as stated in the changes notes in the FSUIPC 5.122 download, it is not compatible with 4.0, you MUST update P3D to 4.1.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help. Yes, I've just confirmed I never updated my P3D, and I was trying to make FSUIPC 5.122 with my outdated P3D v4.0.