The simFlight Network Forums

TQ6 ADV- A/T disengage

Servus aus Graz,
ich schaff es nicht, die A/T disengage Funktion beim thrust handles mit FSUIPC( Version 4.971 Payware) zu programmieren. Lt. Manual von GF soll das setting über " AP Panel speed off " erfolgen. Hab es versucht, aber es funzt noch nicht. Bitte um Hilfe.
Gruß
Willi

used software: Goflight TQ6 ADV- 2.28.0 FSX  for PMDG 737

GF installing manual: the autothrottle disengage button can be programmed thru FSUIPC . FSX does not have this function. And there the setting is "AP Panel  Speed off."

my problem:  Menu FSUIPC options and settings offer 100 clickable hooks and buttons. It is a puzzle for me to find the right track.

Thanks for help.

Willi

23 minutes ago, delefinchen said:

used software: Goflight TQ6 ADV- 2.28.0 FSX  for PMDG 737

GF installing manual: the autothrottle disengage button can be programmed thru FSUIPC . FSX does not have this function. And there the setting is "AP Panel  Speed off."

my problem:  Menu FSUIPC options and settings offer 100 clickable hooks and buttons. It is a puzzle for me to find the right track.

Most PMDG aircraft have their own systems, and do not use FS controls.

The PMDG 737 has its own list of controls ("Events") which can be assigned via FSUIPC's "<custom control>" selection. You need to work out the number from the comprehensive list towards the end of the .h document in your 737's SDK folder.

Pete

Dear Sir Dowson,

you are great, but I am a greenhorn-

step by step I tried:

1. buttons + switches by FSUIPC options and settings

2. Press A/T disengage buttons on both sides of the handles levers =   : 0:3

3.select for FS controll:   a must have, otherwise not to acitvate the custom control selection

4.control set to 70012( 69632 + 380 work out) =SDK folder   MCP: AT arm switch

5.control sent when button released: AP Panel speed off

result: pressing disengage button on throttle handles will only activate A/T on MCP- never disengage it.

Not to find any number in the SKD folder list about AT disengage arm  switch.

I have done anything wrong, but what?

Please help

best regards

Willi

2 hours ago, delefinchen said:

step by step I tried:

1. buttons + switches by FSUIPC options and settings

2. Press A/T disengage buttons on both sides of the handles levers =   : 0:3

3.select for FS controll:   a must have, otherwise not to acitvate the custom control selection

4.control set to 70012( 69632 + 380 work out) =SDK folder   MCP: AT arm switch

5.control sent when button released: AP Panel speed off

result: pressing disengage button on throttle handles will only activate A/T on MCP- never disengage it.

AT Arm means ARM the A/T. You need A/T disengage the one operated by the buttons either side of the throttle handles.

Oh, exactly as Thomas found for you. :-) How did you miss those?

Altough there are two (one button either side) the should do the same thing.

Pete

Dear Thomas and dear Pete,

Sure, I know where the A/T disengage buttons are located- and I am deeply grateful for the related event numbers.

Yet, I am sorry not to be able to set this function by FSUIPC. I tried it without results. For many hours. My only hope would be a step by step instruction how to do it. On the other hand a never ending trouble would impact my enjoyment to use the Throttle Quadrant, because in exception of this one button I am happy with that. It is a pity, investing in FSUIPC without return of benefit.

Regards

Willi

Why not just assign your button to <custom control> with then the value 70314 given, as already laid out for you in this thread? Please go back and read them again!

For more text and even pictures go to the buttons and switches section of the user guide!

Since there are only those two “steps” involved, why another “step by step” guide? 

Pete

Dear Sir Dowson,

because of no possibility posting an attachment I beg for describing  4scenarios of positive setting trails the disengage button.( no attachment more than 0,02 MB)

first scenario:

1. button and switches  by FSUIPC

2. profile specific ? : hook

3.pressed  both both disengage A/T buttons on my THR handles : Joy# 0  , 3 Btn# appears

4. select for FS control   :  hook

5.  control sent when button pressed  :  custom :  70314

6. control  to repeat   :    hook    :   field  clear

Result  :   negativ

second scenario: 

as stated above ,  but

6. control to repeat :      AP panel speed  off-  according to installing order from GF manual:

"to program the auto throttle disengage this button can be set in

FSUIPC with this input."FSX does not have this function."

Result: negativ

third scenario:

as stated first scenario, but

2. profile specific ?-  no hook

Result:   negativ

Fourth scenario:

as stated third scenario, but

6. control to repeat:  AP panel speed  off-  according to installing order from GF manual:

"to program the auto throttle disengage this button can be set in

FSUIPC with this input."FSX does not have this function."

result:  negativ

And now ?

I apologise insisting this problem hoping for your generous assistance .

Deeply thankful

best regards

Willi

12 minutes ago, delefinchen said:

5.  control sent when button pressed  :  custom :  70314

No, the control sent is to be <custom control> as I've told you before, TWICE I think. Only after you assign that can you enter the number 70314 in the extra place which then appears.

6. control to repeat :      AP panel speed  off-  according to installing order from GF manual:
                   "to program the auto throttle disengage this button can be set in                                        FSUIPC with this input."FSX does not have this function."

Sorry, but I have no idea what the "GF Manual" would suggest that for the PMDG 737. It may work for some other aircraft, I don't know. But why is that anything to do with "control to repeat"?

because of no possibility posting an attachment

Why do you think you cannot attach anything? Many folks do with no problems.  See the paper clip and text "drag files here to attach or choose files" below the edit area.

And now ?

I suggest you do what is advised, several times, in this thread, instead of trying things seemingly at random. There's no more help I can give. I don't even use PMDG aircraft, so if you cannot handle it perhaps you should be asking in the PMDG forum?

Pete

Dear Pete,

there is more than one way to skin a cat. Not so tricky, but inspired simple:

Go to PMDG CDU: menu: options- Key Commands and assign a not used key ( I decided  - Z -)  in additional segment: A/T disengage. Prior removing this Key from A/P arming.(Also Z)

then assigning this key -Z- under select for key press using FSUIPC.

choose profile specific and set this key -Z- with a hook in key press not to be held.

Thats all: A/T disengage button works fine.