The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - Exit at Taxiway Strangeness (FT and/or ND)

crbascott

Some folks have mentioned some peculiarities with the EXIT AT TAXIWAY command recently so I decided to conduct a little test at KPHX using runway 26.

Session 1: I let the planes exit on their own. I found no real surprises, documented the results in the attached spreadsheet, and also included the log (output_log1.txt). 

Session 2: For each arriving plane, I issued an EXIT AT TAXIWAY command for B8, B7, B6, B5, and B4 in sequence until I no longer received the "Unable to land. The runway is too short!" message. Bottom line, we are unable to issue an exit taxiway command for the taxiway the plane would normally exit. And in some cases, the next taxiway doesn't work either (or even the next taxiway). Again, I documented the results in the attached spreadsheet and also included the log (output_log2.txt). 

I don't recall this being an issue prior to Pro SP3 or RT SP6v2, so I'm not sure if this is a FeelThere and/or Nyerges Design issue. I'll let you guys fight over it. :)

Thanks, Craig

PS - I've included a screenshot of the spreadsheet for those that do not have Excel.

KPHX_ExitAtTaxiway_Test.thumb.JPG.bd345782dbb0b0bf5b68ff35a743f834.JPG

KPHX_ExitAtTaxiway_Test.xlsx

output_log1.txt

output_log2.txt

AJ,

It happens at KPHL (default airport). I am now travelling across the world to go home for Christmas week so will not be able to get you a KPHL log file until 2018. Hopefully, someone else can get you the file but Craig’s forensic study seems to me to provide you with the detail needed to start your investigation.

Wayne

8 hours ago, FeelThere_AJ said:

Hey crbascott,

Can you please check this with one of the default airports, so we can understand if it's a tower bug or the problem comes with the airport.

Thank you,

AJ

AJ - ask and you shall receive. I conducted the same test at KLAX/25L and, as expected, got very similar results. This definitely rules out an airport bug, so it must be something Tower or RT related.

I've included an updated spreadsheet, screenshot of the spreadsheet, and log files of the two sessions.

KLAX_ExitAtTaxiway_Test.thumb.JPG.e8d720870ed06e1fbf7a57391cb2835c.JPG

Craig

PS - Also, using FDX904 as an example, if you issue EXIT AT TAXIWAY N it will respond with the runway too short message. However, it will still exit on its own at taxiway N if you give no other EXIT AT TAXIWAY commands. I included another log file to illustrate this "strangeness". 

ExitAtTaxiway_Test.xlsx

output_log1.txt

output_log2.txt

output_log3.txt

“... after Xmas” Kev? You are generous, it is still a few days away and they are in time zones which give them a few more hours than you or me. 😂😂😂😂

I do agree that Craig has done a great job, once again. His forensic examination of problem areas is fantastic and gives so much evidence for FT and ND to work with. So much better than the “voice recognition does not work, fix it now’ moans which are all too frequent on this forum. Fact based fault reporting such as Craig’s will benefit all of us when problems are fixed and SPs issued.

Wayne

14 hours ago, crbascott said:

AJ - ask and you shall receive. I conducted the same test at KLAX/25L and, as expected, got very similar results. This definitely rules out an airport bug, so it must be something Tower or RT related.

I've included an updated spreadsheet, screenshot of the spreadsheet, and log files of the two sessions.

Hey Crbascott,

Thanks for the logs, We are looking into it. We will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you,

AJ

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Craig,

Martin, our programmer, got some nasty virus (not computer :) ) and he's trying to recover from it. We should've been able to check this a bit sooner but it's on the top of our list. I'll get back to you asap.

Vic

Bummer - thanks for the feedback.