The simFlight Network Forums

Low flight volumes on KGLA and KLAS

G0tchas

I've played KGLA between 9am - 10am, 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm at 100% and the flight volumes are surprisingly low. I probably had less than 50 flights in each of those hours.

Similarlay I played a multiplayer session with a friend on Saturday (22rd December). KLAS, 9am-12pm slot at 100% and we could hold a continious conversation with only the occasional interruption to issue arrival/departure instructions. When I watch YouTube videos, other players have to constantly issue arrival/departure commands to keep ontop of the flights.

Today (27 December) I played KLAS again, 10am to 11am timeslot at 100% and only had a total of 36 arrivals and departures. Surely KLAS is busier than that.

I'm using Real Traffic sp6V3 . Am I missing something or is there an issue somewhere?

Edited by G0tchas
Updated

18 hours ago, G0tchas said:

I've played KGLA between 9am - 10am, 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm at 100% and the flight volumes are surprisingly low. I probably had less than 50 flights in each of those hours.

Similarlay I played a multiplayer session with a friend on Saturday (22rd December). KLAS, 9am-12pm slot at 100% and we could hold a continious conversation with only the occasional interruption to issue arrival/departure instructions. When I watch YouTube videos, other players have to constantly issue arrival/departure commands to keep ontop of the flights.

Today (27 December) I played KLAS again, 10am to 11am timeslot at 100% and only had a total of 36 arrivals and departures. Surely KLAS is busier than that.

I'm using Real Traffic sp6V3 . Am I missing something or is there an issue somewhere?

Addressing KLAS specifically - there are two issues affecting traffic volume at KLAS. 

1. The terminal file included with RT is missing at least a dozen airlines. I will notify Nyerges Design and hopefully we can get an update. Until then, I've attached a terminal file that I created/use that you may choose to use.  
  2. Terminal E will not accept arrivals. This bug has been brought to FeelThere's attention.

Craig

klas_terminal_new.txt

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

Addressing KLAS specifically - there are two issues affecting traffic volume at KLAS. 

1. The terminal file included with RT is missing at least a dozen airlines. I will notify Nyerges Design and hopefully we can get an update. Until then, I've attached a terminal file that I created/use that you may choose to use.  
  2. Terminal E will not accept arrivals. This bug has been brought to FeelThere's attention.

Craig

klas_terminal_new.txt

Thanks, Craig. What do I do with the attachment? Copy it into my ...\Extensions\Airfields\KLAS folder, replacing the klas_terminal.txt file with this one?

Also, I noticed that there are alot more flights in the klas_terminal.txt file currently there than the one you attached.

klas_terminal.txt

You can backup up your old terminal file, but yes I would replace your existing one with the one I provided.

I assume you mean there are a lot more airlines (not flights) in the RT terminal file than the one I provided. To be honest, this is irrelevant. There are no flights for BTQ, EDV, ASQ, RPA, AWI, ASH, AFR, KLM, COA, DLH, QTR, THY, ACA, and ABX in the RT schedule for KLAS so there is no need for them in the terminal file.

However, the RT schedule has flights for AAY, EJA, CPZ, HAL, ROU, SCX, UAL, AMX, CFG, CHH, CMP, VOI, VRD, and WJA. These are not in the RT terminal file, but are in mine.