The simFlight Network Forums
por930

Duplicate Waypoints (answered)

Hi,

I am creating a flight plan YMML-NZQN. All goes well creating the approach into RM23 at NZQN until I encounter two waypoints with the same name in different parts of the world. I can see on the FSC flight plan map the way point I want, a fix called  GOSPA but when I insert GOSPA in the flight plan string, the flight plan diverts some 7850 Nm to an Int of the same name.

I looked at the manual to see if I can convince FSC, but could not find. I ended up placing a manual fix(fix10) which seemed to work on the FSC map. Yet to see what happens in P3D.

When I manually set up a flight plan in the a/c (FSL A320) I can insert the correct GOSPA ok

Anyway, just wondered how I can chose a waypoint I want when the wrong one of the same name is chosen by FSC? 

Win 10, P3Dv4.1, FSC 9.6 rev 9

Hi Volker, I have attached three pics one shows the flight plan just above GOSPA with the line darting off. Second pic shows the finished flight plan with a fix added by me. Third pic shows FR27 actual real world route. My method of building a flight plan.

1. Open FSC.
2. Select the default EDDK from Airport selection box.
3. Flight Plan, New. Flight Plan box appears. Make sure a High Alt and Low Alt are selected.
4. Insert into the blue box YMML NZQN, OK
5. Yellow box now shows YMML and NZQN airport selection
6. Make a space between YMML and NZQN in the blue box
7. Insert into this space COORS Y260 ECKHO select ok, this shows me the flight plan string is working.
8. Continue inserting waypoints and airways, selecting ok at the end of each airway to test ok.
e.g..L508 OMKIN P766 ADKOS then DCT to IGNET UBDAM LADIP...so far, all ok. Then I see on the screen, the waypoint GOSPA, which I need. As for all the other waypoints, I type in my flight plan string GOSPA....FSC for some reason selects GOSPA some 8000nm away?? 
9. I end up having to remove the wrong GOSPA and insert a virtual waypoint, the the remaining waypoints as per the map insert into the flight plan string ok.
10. MABGA UGPED UKLAK (there is supposed to be CDRNA here, but is missing from FSC map, so used 'QN770' ATVUP AGTAM LARAV QN731 NZQN

I have attached three pics. One shows the plan just as GOSPA fails. The second shows the full plan with my virtual fix. And the third is the real world flight paln route.

Geoff

P3DV4.1
NO FSUIPC LOADED
FSC IS NOT IN A NETWORK
FSC VERSION 9.6 REV 9 BUILD 01 17
FSC DATABASE MGR VER 9.6.REV 9 BUILD 7 JULY 2017
NAVIGRAPH 1701
DOWNLOAD VERSION FROM FSC WEB SITE
WINDOWS 10
ONE MONITOR USED

FSC YMMLNZQN_GOSPA_ISSUE1.JPG

FSC YMMLNZQN_GOSPA_ISSUE2.JPG

NZQN 23 APPROACH_X.JPG

Hello Geoff,

The O.K. Button can only be used with a route string.
Example: Departure Intersection Airway Intersection Airway Intersection Airway etc. etc. Destination.
YMML ML Y260 CORRS Y21 LOLLY P753 NZQN
The O.K. Button can't be used when waypoints are entered manually.
Example:
YMML ML Y260 CORRS Y21 LOLLY P753 ADKOS ENRAT IPNOR AVGER GOSPA MABGA UGPED UKLAK ATVUP AGTAM LARAV NZQN
                           |------------------- O.K. Button using -------------|---------------------------- Dont't use the O.K. Button----------------------------------------------------|
The buttons High Alt and Low Alt only activate together
if the route string also consists of a High Alt and a Low Alt route string.

Regards,
Volker

By the way. Your cycle is outdated.

FSC_9.x_1.jpg

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the quick reply, as usual. I understand that the OK button only works correctly when I have Departure airport>waypoint>airway>waypoint>destination.

Ummmm, GO IT..page 40 of the manual, Right click the waypoint and it appears in the flight plan, Save As and then when that flight plan is reloaded, the manually inserted waypoint is there. So, does this now mean, the OK button can not be subsequently used if you then revert to waypoint>airway> after manual waypoints?for example:

Departure airport>waypoint airway>waypoint>airway>waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint>airway<waypoint>airway>waypoint>Destination 

Geoff

ps I keep forgetting the little box at the right hand side of the flight plan panel.

And yes, I know my cycle is out of date. I need to update it from Navigraph again. I usually do this once or twice a year, or when I notice some flight plans are having issues with missing waypoints.

Hello Geoff,

Happy New Year.

The philosophy behind the O.K. Button has the great advantage that a route string with few intersection and Airways
a complete route with all waypoints can be created.
However, the route string must based from the same Airac cycle.

The disadvantage you have shown in your post.
For example, I use a different way.
This shows above all the double waypoints but also has the advantage that one recognizes the lat/lon values at which waypoints can only be the right one.

If a waypoint is recommended, but I do not see it in the variety on the map, then I use the waypoint window.
To use your example with GOSPA. In the Waypoint window I enter GOSPA and then compare the coordinates in the Waypoint window,
in the Flight Plan Panel and in the status bar. I realize that it can only be the FIX GOSPA.

I hope that I could explain it understandably.

Best regards,

Volker

FSC_9.x_2.jpg

Hi Volker,

A happy New Year to you and I hope your 2018 is a great year.

FSC is an amazing program that just keeps giving. I am sure my use of it only scratches the surface. You and Sascha must have had some long nights and very understanding wives creating such a program.

Yes, the waypoint window and the use of the status bar is great as it identifies the fixes and their coordinates and obviously, there can only be one of the name required in the vicinity of the airway or the location you are.

Volker, did you answer my question regarding mixing the route, if so, sorry, I did not understand? Restating it...

If the route string is Departure airport>waypoint airway>waypoint>airway>waypoint>Destination airport, then the OK button is the correct way of confirming the route. OK

And if the route requires dct waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint>Destination, then this portion is entered by right clicking the rodent each waypoint on the map and it appears in the flight plan, then Save As, and the flight plan now has the added waypoint>waypoint. OK

BUT   What happens if I bring in another airway>waypoint cycle eg: 

Departure>waypoint airway>waypoint>dct waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint>waypoint airway>waypoint>airway>dct waypoint> dct waypoint>Destination. If I use the OK button, it kills the manual fixes. 

A friend flies an A380, and said he mostly starts with a SID, then airway waypoint airway etc, then several non airway fixes while transfering to another airway, but not at an intersection. He (more likely his company) would have entered a series of direct to fixes and eventually, at some intersection, be back on an airway again then a STAR>Destination..He would do this several times on a trip. I wondered if that was a case for a route segment, not that I have ever used one^^^^

Regards

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

I wish you a happy new year too and all the best for 2018.

BUT   What happens if I bring in another airway>waypoint cycle eg: Departure>waypoint airway>waypoint>dct waypoint> dct waypoint> dct waypoint>waypoint airway>waypoint>airway>dct waypoint> dct waypoint>Destination. If I use the OK button, it kills the manual fixes.

I'll try to explain it by example
First Route String YPPH PH H18 BURGU Y53 WENDY V279 ML
Second Route String GEMAC N759 PEBLU Q619 LEKUS Q537 HN H328 CREEK NZGS
Manual Waypoints BADGR FARRA

Copy the first and the second route string together
Result: YPPH PH H18 BURGU Y53 WENDY V279 ML GEMAC N759 PEBLU Q619 LEKUS Q537 HN H328 CREEK NZGS
Insert a DCT between ML and GEMAC
Now press the O.K. button
Result: YPPH PH H18 BURGU Y53 WENDY V279 ML GEMAC N759 PEBLU Q619 LEKUS Q537 HN H328 CREEK NZGS

Insert the manual waypoints BADGR FARRA between ML and GEMAC

Don't use the O.K. Button. Just save the flight plan

This plan based on Cycle 1713
It may not work with an old cycle

A friend flies an A380, and said he mostly starts with a SID, then airway waypoint airway etc, then several non airway fixes while transfering to another airway,
but not at an intersection. He (more likely his company) would have entered a series of direct to fixes and eventually, at some intersection,
be back on an airway again then a STAR>Destination..He would do this several times on a trip. I wondered if that was a case for a route segment, not that I have ever used one

Also this type of flight plans is possible
I always create flight plans first with a SID and STAR and / or Transition
Only then I insert automatic or manual waypoints

Regards,

Volker