The simFlight Network Forums
bnauck

STB V4 crashes P3D4 after 40m flight following

STB V4 was freshly installed (several times). whenever a flight following was started - no matter which airport - after about 40 miles the PD3D4 alltogether with STB crashes with the attached error message. the "crash.txt" is also attached. Help to resolve this problem is much appreciated.

Bernhard

STB.PNG

crash.txt

The first thing to do here is check whether your crash.txt represents your actual problem, because you've been taken to the default Microsoft exception handler rather than STB's (that generates the crash.txt file).

In crash.txt, it says the error occurs when you disconnect STB from Prepar3D, which I'm not sure matches your problem description.  Can you comment please?

Thanks
Simon

the crash.txt is created by STB and is, as it appeared in the STB directory. it was taken immediately after the crash happened.

I did not disconnect STB from P3D, but STB did it itself and the crash occurred immediately thereafter. As far as I remember, STB usually does it once in a while during the flight following.

If Prepar3D is crashing as well, there's not a lot I can do about that.  The crash you see in STB seems to come from the SimConnect interface, which is consistent with the simulator crash.  Just now I followed a flight from London to Hamburg and it worked fine.  I appreciate that does not help you much, but there's isn't evidence of a systematic problem here.  The only other thing I can suggest is for you to set up a trace as per appendix C of the user guide, reproduce the problem and send me the trace file.  I will look to see if there's anything we can do differently, but it's a long shot.

Simon