The simFlight Network Forums

How does Traffic Density work Tower 3d pro

Scar

Folks,

Anyone understand how the traffic density slider work? 50% to 100%. Technically, what is happening or what is the game doing?

I understand it is removing traffic from the game, but my question is more about "how" is it doing that? What traffic is removed vs not and how?

I noticed you asked this same question on Steam and obviously didn't get the answer you wanted from the developers. To be honest, I don't think they are going to give away the ingredients to their special sauce?

Obviously, you are asking this for a reason. Maybe if you share the reason, the forum community can help solve whatever schedule situation you are dealing with. 

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

I noticed you asked this same question on Steam and obviously didn't get the answer you wanted from the developers. To be honest, I don't think they are going to give away the ingredients to their special sauce?

Obviously, you are asking this for a reason. Maybe if you share the reason, the forum community can help solve whatever schedule situation you are dealing with. 

crbascott,

Don't read too much into it. I'm really not interested in their "special sauce" recipe. I've got a ton of time in this game, 100% of the stream achievements, and 100% of the DLC including real additions, pretty much lived in the game compared to literally 99.8% of all steam players of Tower 3d pro. While that isn't really a boasting point, for it means I should "get a life", it does show I've put a lot of heart and soul in the game. With that said, the reason I'm duplicating the question is due to a frustration with the steam forums more than anything else. Most of the questions, by no fault of the devs, get me very vague or non-answers, and many times some are quite sarcastic (ie:"because", really isn't an answer to how something works). Much could be due to perhaps me posing the question improperly, or due to the majority of users on steam simply being kids. I signed up here, because I was tired of answers from steam forum users that pretty much are useless, and posed the question here to see if anyone really had a grasp on how it worked. Again, has nothing to do with "FeelThereDev" on steam, for he/she is dealing with a lot of ridiculous questions from the clueless on steam, and I get the impression they just don't have the time to expand on their answer.

There are times I've set the density to 50%, and still receive what in some cases are 100% traffic, landing patterns containing a half dozen flights, all still about 6 or 7 mile separations. Just didn't seem to be "half" the traffic. Hence, my question, how does it work? If I understood it better, perhaps with a technical description containing "something useful" other than obvious, it would make more sense to me, and I would be more forgiving of things I didn't understand in the game. I simply have reservations that it works properly, and was seeking some more detail. Perhaps a discussion instead of a yes or no type response.

Right there with you - I'm in the "get a life" category myself. :)

I think the key point in your post is "I simply have reservations that it works properly". Very simply - prove it. I've been known to deep dive into a bug when I think I've found one and deliver a "forensic examination" when needed. But I do it because I enjoy it and to provide as much information to the developers as possible to ultimately get it fixed. Might I suggest you try the same? 

Whether it is just saving and sending in log files from sessions or doing a deep dive analysis, I think it is a good exercise which could get you closer to the how.

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Right there with you - I'm in the "get a life" category myself. :)

I think the key point in your post is "I simply have reservations that it works properly". Very simply - prove it. I've been known to deep dive into a bug when I think I've found one and deliver a "forensic examination" when needed. But I do it because I enjoy it and to provide as much information to the developers as possible to ultimately get it fixed. Might I suggest you try the same? 

Whether it is just saving and sending in log files from sessions or doing a deep dive analysis, I think it is a good exercise which could get you closer to the how.

Yeah I guess I could do that. Kinda' funny, for I thought I was asking a simple question about a game I enjoy playing. Guess its super top secret, or no one has a clue.

2 hours ago, Scar said:

Yeah I guess I could do that. Kinda' funny, for I thought I was asking a simple question about a game I enjoy playing. Guess its super top secret, or no one has a clue.

A little hint - FeelThereDev on Steam and FeelThere on this forum are the same person. So, I don't think you're going to get much more than what you already got - "Yes we remove airplanes but we also add some random factors too." 

I agree you are asking a simple question, but you are wanting much more than a simple answer. Knowing that this is a competitive market with competitors lurking everywhere (even as forum members), I just don't think a detailed "how" answer can be expected.

I apologize if my suggestion offended you.

54 minutes ago, crbascott said:

A little hint - FeelThereDev on Steam and FeelThere on this forum are the same person. So, I don't think you're going to get much more than what you already got - "Yes we remove airplanes but we also add some random factors too." 

I agree you are asking a simple question, but you are wanting much more than a simple answer. Knowing that this is a competitive market with competitors lurking everywhere (even as forum members), I just don't think a detailed "how" answer can be expected.

I apologize if my suggestion offended you.

crbascott, You did not offend me with your suggestion in any way. I have no problems "barking" back if I need to. :-)

I apologize if my question is offensive to you or the feelthere folks. I'm a retired professional engineer, and have a keen interest in how things work. I wish there was a little less paranoia in why I'm asking. Its honestly purely innocent. They should be boasting about it and not hiding it. Its an awesome game. I surly wouldn't dump hundreds into it if I didn't think so.

8 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

Please let us know (and I'm not saying it sarcastically) how do you wish to use this data and I'll do my best to answer the most useful way.

Happy New Year

Vic

Hi Vic,

It started out as a purely innocent question. I'm not looking for any information that you folks have reservations about discussing. I had no idea the question would be so controversial. I enjoy playing the game immensely, and simply wanted to understand more about how things work and why.

How do I wish to use the data? Simply innocent personal gratification in understanding what the slider is actually doing when you move it, for it seems deeper than simply a mathematical reduction in traffic, and wanted to understand how I could use that slider to customize my game experience. I thought it also might be a cool discussion starter on the forums to throw around ideas and experiences. Had no idea it was going to be treated as if a spy is lurking around to steal secrets. I mean that with the utmost respect, for I had no idea that this was going to ruffle feathers with anyone to seek how things work in the game.

Dear Folks,

In the recent year I learned one important thing; chats and any written causal talk is pretty much a straight way to someone misunderstand a tone, a word etc. I had a serious personal thing that turned to be out a misinterpret word that no-one meant the way as the other side of the conversation heard.

Why am I saying it? Because my question is absolutely innocent. I thought you wanted to do some schedule hacking or some other thing that need a more in depth answer than a simple "we remove some flights" but it landed at your side as an offensive "what the hell do you want" which I didn't mean for sure :)

So please let's go back where we were; you are asking how the system works and I ask our programmer how did we code it and I get back to you with the answer, OK? 

Vic

6 hours ago, FeelThere said:

So please let's go back where we were; you are asking how the system works and I ask our programmer how did we code it and I get back to you with the answer, OK? 

Vic

Thank you sir, that would be absolutely amazing. :-)

OK, I got an answer that was simple first then it became more complicated. The simple answer is that we simply drop every nth airplane. But the way it's calculated is different. It drops the first of the nth airplane and adds the remaining flights back to a pool and combine those numbers and again it drops the nth traffic from the front of the list. I understand it's complicated but if you guys need more info I'd be glad to talk to Martin about it and get more info :)

Vic

Thanks Vic! Outstanding! It really means a lot, and gives me some things to watch for when experimenting with the settings. No more detail needed. Actually could explain some of the things I've seen happen.