The simFlight Network Forums

Installation Issue

Hi,

I'm installing FSUIPC5 and have something weird happen, I seem to missing the selection radio buttons, see the pic attached, not sure what the issue is, could I be missing somekind of runtime. I'm on Windows 10 x64.

Regards,

Alan5a50fa915a0eb_fsuipc5install.PNG.e7685166c9fcdf9bbab50d76890aceb1.PNG

Hi Thomas,

Yes I realize its on my end, just wondering if I'm missing a runtime that would display those radio buttons and checkboxes. I have the latest driver for my video card and running latest Win 10 updates too

Regards,

Alan.

8 minutes ago, Ayster said:

Yes I realize its on my end, just wondering if I'm missing a runtime that would display those radio buttons and checkboxes.

I have had problems like that, or worse, with other programs.  But I'm afraid I don't know what causes them. Sometimes its a rogue system DLL which is being used instead of the correct one to suite the video driver.  I think the most usual one responsible is "comctl32.dll" which is the Windows DLL for all those buttons things you see in dialogue boxes.  Occasional installers install their own versions which don't necessarily match the Windows version or the video driver.

Check that the version of comctl32.dll in "C:\Windows\System32" and also in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" looks up to date (properties detail). 

The other system DLL which plays a part is comdlg32.dll, in the same folders.

I'm not sure how you repair such problems though. Maybe the Windows repair facility would work, but it would probably need pointing to those DLLs. Another option is to try uninstalling then reinstalling the video drivers, but if your system in Win10 I'm not sure those DLLs are handled by the drivers now.

Meanwhile, can the selections be made by clicking the place where the checkboxes would be?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info I will check those .dlls. To answer your question, yes you can make the selection by clicking where the checkboxes should be, so I can get around it for the time being,

Regards,

Alan.