The simFlight Network Forums

Cockpitsonic 737 USB Overhead

Hi Peter,

First of all, I wish you a happy new year.
For some days I own a Cockpitsonic 737 USB overhead
I want to use with my P3D V4.1 and my PMDG.
https://cockpitsonic.de/shop/b737-overhead-panel.
I have the driver from Cockpitsonic in use.
https://cockpitsonic.de/shop/b737-overhead-panel
If I start the driver Exe I can Switch at FSUIPC Settings
choose what protocol I want to use.
Unfortunately when I load my plane and open FSUIPC no switch from
FSUIPC will be detected. Unfortunately, I can not make an assignment.
Not even if I put on Project Magenta.
FSUIPC  will not find a switch.
What surprised me in Linda, all switches are found.
Have already done a lot of assignments.
But unfortunately there can be assigned no rotary switches.
Also, the LED displays can not be configured.
Maybe you can help me there. You need it for sure a macro.
Why does Linda not find the switches and FSUIPC?

Maybe you found a solution to use the Offsets from the Panel witch PMDG 737 NGX  (P3D V 4.1)

Sorry about my bad englisch writing. I use google

Frank from EDDM

2 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

If I start the driver Exe I can Switch at FSUIPC Settings
choose what protocol I want to use.
Unfortunately when I load my plane and open FSUIPC no switch from
FSUIPC will be detected. Unfortunately, I can not make an assignment.

Sorry, I need some clarification:

1. Does the Cockpitsonic Driver make your switches look like normal Joystick switches to Windows ("game controllers", and FSX? Can you assign them in FSX?

2. Are you saying FSUIPC sees the switches and you can make assignments initially, but not after you load an another aircraft? 

3. If so, if that ALL other aircraft, or only a specific aircraft?

Not even if I put on Project Magenta.
FSUIPC  will not find a switch.

Project Magenta does not look like a joystick to Windows, FSX or to FSUIPC!

Also, the LED displays can not be configured.

FSUIPC itself does not handle displays. Your overhead should come with software to do that, by reading FSUIPC offsets. I'm sure CS have software or scripts to suit Project Magenta!

Maybe you found a solution to use the Offsets from the Panel witch PMDG 737 NGX  (P3D V 4.1)

You can't really use the PMDG 737NGX with Project Magenta. The PMDG systems are all separate and different to those in FSX which PM uses.

Any program wishing to drive displays for PMDG Boeing aircraft (737, 747, 777) can access the offsets for the information it needs provided they are enabled in the PMDG aircraft ini file, as PMDG instruct.

I'm afraid I don't use Cockpitsonic software, Project Magenta, or PMDG aircraft. so I can't help with a lot of details for any of those.

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry about my bad englisch.

49 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

1. Does the Cockpitsonic Driver make your switches look like normal Joystick switches to Windows ("game controllers", and FSX? Can you assign them in FSX?

No nothing works no input- outputt           -          Linda found it ,                i will use FSUIPC

1. FSUIPC do not Shows anything when i press ore move a Switch on the Overhead  (Buttons and Switches)

My other Controllers like X52 are working with fsuipc.

Why is linda find the Switch when  i move a button.

2. FSUIPC found no keypess . Nothing  will be shown to connect  a Funktion.

3. I never Test a other aircraft.

i have all Offsets ( Codes ) for every command an LED from a Company that make the electronics for the 737 Overhead.

http://www.uweschneider.de/Download.php

When i start this Programm an turn on a Switch i get the Offset. Alsow for the Gauges an Leds.

Frank

16 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

1. FSUIPC do not Shows anything when i press ore move a Switch on the Overhead  (Buttons and Switches)

I'm not really surprised, I am pretty sure CockpitSonic hardware does not emulate joysticks.  Without extra software FSUIPC only recognises DirectInput "Joystick" type devices.

Did Windows recognise any switch in its "Game ContrllerS"? Did FSX recognise any of its switches in its assignments?

19 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

My other Controllers like X52 are working with fsuipc.

They are joystick type devices, that is why!

19 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Why is linda find the Switch when  i move a button.

I don't know LINDA, but the whole point of it is to enable more hardware. Ask LINDA support why it works.

20 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

i have all Offsets ( Codes ) for every command an LED from a Company that make the electronics for the 737 Overhead

So all you need is to write a program to read the switches and write to the offsets! I would have thought CockpitSonic would do that!

You may be in the wrong place here. Have you tried Cockpitsonic support? It is their hardware. Ask if they have any software which does what you want.

If the overhead is a HID device (Human Interface Device) recognised as such by Windows, and connected via USB, you can write an FSUIPC Lua Plug-In to read its switches and do things. I expect this is what LINDA is doing. It uses many Lua plug-ins.

Pete