The simFlight Network Forums

LUA with event.textmenu in P3D41

Hi Peter,

I would know if with FSUIPC5 (ver 5.122a) there are limitations for the use of the 'event.textmenu' in LUA scripts.

In fact I definitevely moved from FSX to P3Dv41, but a lua using that instruction (to have HIfi AS and GSX messages shown through Widefs to another PC and not in the simulator) correctly running in FSX is no more running in P3D (the messages are shown in the simulator and not intercepted by the LUA).

I have in my FSUIPC.ini the line NewInterceptTextMenu=Yes and the log related the LUA under Widefs is only reporting that the LUA is normally launched and running.

Thanks in advance and Kind regards

Joe

1 hour ago, cellular55 said:

I would know if with FSUIPC5 (ver 5.122a) there are limitations for the use of the 'event.textmenu' in LUA scripts.

The FSUIPC5 facilities for moving SimConnect texts and menus  to another PC are still awaiting facilities which L-M have promised. I'm afraid they won't give me a timescale.

This omission affects me seriously as well, as I have a 220 degree FOV curved screen, and the menus and messages are almost impossible to read. I have managed to move them lower and to one side (so I can view them imposed on the scenery background out of my cockpit side window), but with P3D3 and before I had them all on a small screen inside the cockpit.

When the facility is implemented it will certainly feature in the Changes notice supplied with the relevant FSUIPC version.

There was a document "Missing in FSUIPC5.pdf" which was packaged with FSUIPC 5.0-5.10. I've just checked. It didn't get updated as things changed, and not included in later releases. That was an error on my part, for which apologise. I attach a copy, as it was then. I'll update it for the next release. Meanwhile note that these changes should be noted:

1. Delete this, GoFlight64.dll became available.

3. Amended: multiline messages use a different window from SimConnect.

4. Not implemented. May never be, but I have some ideas to follow up.

5. Pending P3D4 facilities which L-M have promised.

6. Not implemented, not possible, probably unnecessary (if not, report as bug to L-M).

I'll make the appropriate changes and include it on the next update.

Pete

Missing In FSUIPC5.pdf

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

any new about this or idea by L-M when this will be possible again?

The facilities have been added by L-M in version 4.2. I am working on implementing these in FSUIPC5 at present. Hopefully i'll be able to release an update in a week or two. There'll be an update for Wideclient too, though the existing version should still be okay with it. 

The facility to hide the text messages on the P3D screen has been added by L-M in the main Options menu. I can't control that, so it remains a user option to hide or display on screen as well. The option is in the Information section, bottom right, called "Message Text" I think  It doesn't operate on Menus -- I'm asking L-M about that at the moment.

Pete

2 hours ago, cellular55 said:

Great! So something is moving.. I will wait for the new version.

No sure of a date at all, yet. As I've been working on the changes in FSUIPC5 i've hit flaws in the facility. he main one is detecting when the relevant windows are to be closed. The menus would be particularly annoying in this regard, as if a menu is outstanding, awaiting a selection, I should treat it as the priority display -- but after it has been answered it should obviously clear.  I've got no way to detect that at present.

I've asked L-M to have a look at implementing a propopsed soluiton to this, but this means it won't be a facility with the current 4.2 release. Maybe they'll be able to do it a hotfix.

Pete

On 15.01.2018 at 12:51 PM, Pete Dowson said:

The FSUIPC5 facilities for moving SimConnect texts and menus  to another PC are still awaiting facilities which L-M have promised. I'm afraid they won't give me a timescale.

This omission affects me seriously as well, as I have a 220 degree FOV curved screen, and the menus and messages are almost impossible to read.

Please post pictures or a video to see how your simulator looks on it.

Thanks!