The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC menu not opening

I have a really weird problem all of a sudden.

Recently, when I start my flight in Germany, Frankfurt or Munich with ORBX scenery and AS/T2G scenery, all my addon menu items stop working. I can not open the FSUIPC menu or addon manager or any other menu. If using PMDG aircraft they do not initialize and the control surfaces can't be moved, as if simconnect failed. Additionally, key commands like shift+P for pushback don't work. This does not happen in the US which is very weird, only when I am in Germany (haven't tried any other eastern region) or if I have flown approximaly 3 hours. After 3 hours, the aircraft freezes into one position (whilst continuing to fly seen on the nav display), but cannot be moved out of that position (turned etc...). 

At first I thought it had to do something with PMDG aircraft, however, this problem also arises in all other default aircraft. I have deinstalled all the scenery, however, it didn't change anything. I then discovered, that when I moved the FSUIPC.dll out of the modules folder everything worked fine and the problem didn't arise. I then reinstalled FSUIPC and it worked until the moment I registered FSUIPC. I can't notice anything unusual in the logs and this is my last idea to seak help.

I have attached the logs.

Best,

Nick

FSUIPC5 Install.log

FSUIPC5.log

1 hour ago, Nick111 said:

I can not open the FSUIPC menu or addon manager or any other menu. If using PMDG aircraft they do not initialize and the control surfaces can't be moved, as if simconnect failed. Additionally, key commands like shift+P for pushback don't work. This does not happen in the US which is very weird, only when I am in Germany (haven't tried any other eastern region) or if I have flown approximaly 3 hours. After 3 hours, the aircraft freezes into one position (whilst continuing to fly seen on the nav display), but cannot be moved out of that position (turned etc...). 

FSUIPC has no knowledge of where you are and doesn't care at all.

If the simulsator is seizing up in certain parts of the world then there is something pretty serious wrong with the installation. 

At first I thought it had to do something with PMDG aircraft, however, this problem also arises in all other default aircraft.

The PMDG modules will still be ryunning, however, unless you removed all those too.

I have deinstalled all the scenery, however, it didn't change anything.

Did you try stopping all AI traffic? I've seem probablems reported which specific aI aircraft textures which would only load when the appropriate liveried aircraft is actually relevant to a n airport withing your 2rewality bubble".

I then discovered, that when I moved the FSUIPC.dll out of the modules folder everything worked fine and the problem didn't arise. I then reinstalled FSUIPC and it worked until the moment I registered FSUIPC.

Well, Registration will enable FSUIPC to provide all the user facilities, including Lua plug-ins.  Are you using any? Otherwise, FSUIPC is doing exactly the same things whether registered or not.

I have attached the logs.

The FSUIPC is really of little use as it shows a session which sadly was closed normally within 10 seconds of everything being ready to fly. you need to show a log which at least has a chance of demonstrating the problem.

74234 Starting everything now ...
    74234 ASN active function link set
    74234 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data
    84156 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...

I note that you either didn't wait for long enough afterwards to grab the log (because FSUIPC is actually sitting dormant waiting to SimConnect to tell it that it is okay to close), or P3D4 effective hung or crashed prematurely on close. Neither are good and would confirm you definitely have something very wrong in the installation.

Pete

Thanks for the reply.

AI traffic is completely switched off. Suddenly I noticed I had the same problem in JFK just know. The error was already present at the time I closed FSUIPC and pulled the log. The only LUA I have are PrecipWindschieldEffect and Material Season Example.

WIth regards to the PMDG modules I did not remove any.

I kind off have a feeling that a reinstall is about to be done...sadly.

Best,

Nick

11 minutes ago, Nick111 said:

The error was already present at the time I closed FSUIPC and pulled the log.

Within 10 seconds? How could you tell? Some parts of your setup were probably still loading.

BTW you don’t close FSUIPC. You started closing P3D4, but it never finished.

One other thing to check for is a corrupt weather file. FSUIPC will be causing those to be read so it can supply weather data to clients. (But it does that whether registered or not).

Anyway try deleting .WX files from the P3D4 documents folder and the weatherstation.bin file from the same folder as your Prepare3d cfg file (in Programdata).

Pete