The simFlight Network Forums

Misssing MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg

I’m running P3Dv4. Installed Lorna-SI AddonOrganizer. Dropped MakeRwys.EXE into correct folder.  It seemed to run fine however it did not generate the MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg file, all other files were generated.  The install notes says it automatically use the organizer program, how does that Work?

7 hours ago, Maule100RV said:

I’m running P3Dv4. Installed Lorna-SI AddonOrganizer. Dropped MakeRwys.EXE into correct folder.

Which version of MakeRunways? Only the latest version (4.84) can use MakeRunways. And which is the "correct folder"? If you meant the main P3D4 folder, please say so.

7 hours ago, Maule100RV said:

The install notes says it automatically use the organizer program, how does that Work?

MakeRunways 4.84 checks the Registry for the AddonOrganizer (which also needs to be a recent version). The Rgistry gives MakeRunways the path to the AddonOrganizer, and the latter is then called with a command-line option requesting it to make the MakeRunways_Scenery.cfg file.

Pete

Thanks for the reply. Apparently I did not place MakeRunways in the correct folder. Originally I placed it where the Scenery.cfg file was located which for me is ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4.  It ran but very quickly so I knew something wasn’t right.  I’m running this program primarily for PF3.  PF3 says to locate MakeRunways in the main P3D file which is Program Files. Placed there and all is good. 

18 minutes ago, Maule100RV said:

I thought it said to locate it in the file that contains the Scenery.cfg file.

No, you are not reading properly. Here are the relevant sections. I've highlit in RED the part relevant to your misunderstanding:

INSTRUCTIONS
For: FS2000, FS2002, FS2004
Place the EXE into your main FS folder where the SCENERY.CFG file is located.

For: FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D v1 to Prepar3D v4 inclusive
Place the EXE into the relevant main FS folder.  ...

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem, but no solution.I’m running P3Dv4.2.

I installed first the Lorna-SI AddonOrganizer, then dropped MakeRwys.exe into the (default) C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.  
I ran it twice, but after finishing always correctly ("All main data produced okay") it did not create the MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg. A search of the C disk produced a null result, too.

Thanks for your help,
Giorgio

2 hours ago, goggi said:

I installed first the Lorna-SI AddonOrganizer, then dropped MakeRwys.exe into the (default) C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.

1 hour ago, goggi said:

Sorry, my mistake. Should have run it as Admin.

Yes, because you let P3D install into its default place, and Program Files is protected. I always advise changing that install path. i use simple short paths like C:\P3Dv4, or better on a different drive, D:\P3Dv4. Much easier to find! ;-)

Anyway, you solved it -- for Makerunways at least. There might be other programs with access problems.

Pete