The simFlight Network Forums

Carenado Do 228 / B1900 List Var Issue

Good afternoon,

I’ve been slowly working on assigning overhead switches to switches on my throttle quads. As I don’t have LINDA, I’ve been using the List Var command. 

When I do this for both the Dornier 228 or B1900 by Carenado, I run into issues. I’m copying the command from the log created and placing it in a macro file. I then go back into FSX and FSUIPC. In this case, I’m using the Dornier and attempting to work one of the battery switches. This is what I have in the macro file:

1=L:ASD_DO228_SWITCH_BATT_1_METALIC=Toggle

I use FSUIPC to tie the above macro command, but back in the sim the switch does not move. 

I have used this process with other aircraft and have had no issues. Has any else had issues with Carenado planes?

Cheers,

Colin Gray

2 hours ago, rowcoach said:

This is what I have in the macro file:

1=L:ASD_DO228_SWITCH_BATT_1_METALIC=Toggle

I use FSUIPC to tie the above macro command, but back in the sim the switch does not move. 

Some implementations have the L:Var as a "memory" of the switch position, not an activator of it. Sometimes the actual switch function is switched though the switch graphic does not change. Check that. 

If that's not the case you'd need to find an alternative. As it looks to be a main Battery switch, are you sure the normal control isn't usable? Use FSUIPC Logging to log events and see if a control is logged when you operate the switch with the mouse.

If nothing works you are really down to help with it from the aircraft authors I'm afraid. Keyboard shortcuts perhaps?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you for the quick response. I think you may be correct about the switches. There are 3 battery switches. Battery 1, battery 2, and master battery. I used the event long to see what happens when I click each switch. Battery 1 and 2 don’t produce anything in the event log, but master battery does. Not quite sure what that means. 

Looking at some of the events in the log, one switch has 3 different entries. 

If it is what you first suggested - does that mean the switch is turned on, but the graphic hasn’t changed? I will try that as well. 

Also, I tried to use Shift+M to turn on the Master Battery, but that didn’t work either. 

I may try to reach Carenado to see if they have any suggestions. 

Cheers,

colin