The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON!2012:SE IS ON STEAM

FeelThere_Vic

Hi Vic

Awesome, I have purchased this just a question regarding programs for the original Tracon 2012. I have installed the latest version of Real traffic  and KSAN sector addon from the old Tracon 2012 for use with Tracon 2012 SE but KSAN and MIA so far never get any traffic. Are these addons fully compatible with Tracon 2012 SE. I am yet to verify that Airlines are using real traffic as I cant seem to get enough traffic at the others and no traffic at all at said sectors, 

thanks

Wayne

Just to be sure since there are multiple products, what specific real traffic or you talking about? Where did you install it? What is the name of the schedule file and what is the file size?

KSAN should have 227 departures and 227 arrivals.

I believe traffic is also dependent on your sidstar_cgf.txt file. Do you have KSAN DPs and STARs in there? 

Hi

I brought real traffic and ksan for the original tracon 2012 and have installed them into the new steam version,  i have also added the ksan sids and stars,  will check further tonight via some troubleshooting but assuming they are compatable with the steam version of tracon se

well I reinstalled it fully but still not seeing any traffic for any sector including KSAN, I can see the data in the files its all set to full density and I leave it on time advance but nothing, I also cant create a profile not of the buttons on that screen are selectable, wonder if that has anything to do with it, I will keep troubleshooting

I have removed and reinstalled just the Tracon 2012 SE and there is no profile button on the main screen where you select the player and on the information screen there are no buttons to create a profile, anyone else seeing this, looks like a bug to me,Note if I install and run the old version works perfectly. You can see in the screen shots attached the missing profile buttons compared to the old program

No Profile buttons.docx

Yes i buy Tracon 2012 SE at STEAM and i cant create an Profile also in the Game i cant press any Button all inactive in the Radar Screen nothing happens. Unplayable at the Moment for me. The UAC Time runs normal, but all Buttons are "inactiv" What can i do? :-(

I hope you unterstand me i am from Germany my English is not soo good. 

Edited by Tommy2604

Vic

This is just a mess for me, I have not been able to use it since I got it, I removed everything  and just installed Tracon 2012 SE and I see traffic at least but no profile buttons so cant select a profile, when I install real Traffic for Tracon 2012 SP2 into Tracon 2012 SE I have bugger all traffic and what traffic I have is stuck in position, this happens in all sectors, surely these issues would have been evident when testing, how frustrating, almost makes you want to give up when you have to stuff around with something that should just work like the older version did

Wayne

Vic

I'm pretty sure based on the testing I have done that Real Traffic SP2 for Tracon 2012 is not compatable with Tracon SE 2012, I have both programs running side by side as below

Tracon 2012 original with Real Traffic SP2 - Works fine with all traffic coming up and moving

Tracon 2012 SE with Real Traffic SP2- Totally different traffic usual Taka all 3 and none move on the screen just freeze, I see no real Airline names so far even though the file is there

Bar the issue with the Profile button missing Tracon SE 2012 seems to be working otherwise without Real Traffic as best I can tell but totally broken with real traffic added in

@FeelThere - I also have an issue with the profile button missing so I cannot add a new profile.  Tracon!2012:SE with all addons purchased from feelthere.com.

@wsuch - What tracon sector are you running?  Are you having issues with the other sectors?  I am able to run KLAX so far.  I have installed NorCal, New York, Atlanta, and Philly all regular versions and not from Steam but I have not tested those yet.

I got the Win 7 Pro 64x German Version. Sector i try is Frankfurt and Dubai and Atlanta. Not clickable Buttons in the Game. In Main Menu Approach and Departure Runways can i activate normal but a new Profile can´t create also "inactive". UAC Time runs normal and i see also the moving Airplanes on the Radarscreen. But all Buttons on the Command Control and Strip Panel in the Game i cant activate it. :-(

11 hours ago, wsuch said:

Vic

I'm pretty sure based on the testing I have done that Real Traffic SP2 for Tracon 2012 is not compatable with Tracon SE 2012, I have both programs running side by side as below

Tracon 2012 original with Real Traffic SP2 - Works fine with all traffic coming up and moving

Tracon 2012 SE with Real Traffic SP2- Totally different traffic usual Taka all 3 and none move on the screen just freeze, I see no real Airline names so far even though the file is there

Bar the issue with the Profile button missing Tracon SE 2012 seems to be working otherwise without Real Traffic as best I can tell but totally broken with real traffic added in

I was able to get Real Traffic to work in both (tested LAX).  Did you copy all five (six if you include sidstar_cfg.txt) of the real traffic files into the databases folder?  Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your folder?

Hi

I will have a look tonight and also send a screen shot,  i simply ran the tracon real traffic installer and pointed to the steam path,  i know when i ran a verify of the files in steam it replaced five files back with the originals so maybe the sid file is not coming across for some reason

Hi

thanks Feel there for your reply good to know the missing profile is by design, I wonder why that was removed though surely it is useful to have more than 1, its still broken for me though, as soon as I install Real Traffic I have very little traffic and the targets are virtually not moving even on 8 times, I have tried to manually install real traffic and have inspected the files all looks right just refuses to work with real traffic installed

crbascott

here is the screen shot after Real Traffic is installed, as stated works perfectly until I install Real Traffic then virtually no traffic and radar targets virtually standing still even on 8 times

New Microsoft Word Document.docx