The simFlight Network Forums

E-jetts v.2 guages garbled on Prepar3d v4

rsrobn

On 9/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, rsrobn said:

I just purchased and installed this package.  I've also added the entries to dll.xml.

The gauge all are garbled and switches unusable.  Any guidance would be appreciated

Hello. Could you please show us a screenshot? It would help us greatly. I will also forward this to our team and get back to you with a posible solution. 

Kind regards, 

Ariel 

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the version for P3DV4.1, but I have been having major problems, the aircraft is turning off the turbofans unexpectedly, I no longer know what I can do, the support does not return the emails.

Adquiri recentemente a versão para P3DV4.1, porém venho tendo grandes problemas, a aeronave fica desligando as turbofans de forma inesperada, já não sei mais o que posso fazer, o suporte não retorna os e-mails.

5 minutes ago, Rodrigo Padilha said:

I recently purchased the version for P3DV4.1, but I have been having major problems, the aircraft is turning off the turbofans unexpectedly, I no longer know what I can do, the support does not return the emails.

Adquiri recentemente a versão para P3DV4.1, porém venho tendo grandes problemas, a aeronave fica desligando as turbofans de forma inesperada, já não sei mais o que posso fazer, o suporte não retorna os e-mails.

Off topic ... please post in a new topic - this topic is about the gauges not working.

5 hours ago, Leo Stretch said:

Same problem here as well - just installed, launched in P3Dv4.2 and this is what happens.

Like OP, no switches are clickable and the glareshield panel is just a black area.

Untitled.jpg.eb1d4a0a4b9d96cfa2897915b3030aff.jpg

Thanks, Leo

such a thing shows that you install was done incorrectly and/or the sim has a fault.  confirm installed as admin with full permissions to add/change/adjust files on the computer.  after that try and full uninstall/install.

Install was done as Admin (r/click executable, then Run as Admin), as with all installations I run. Can indeed confirm permissions are not at fault, NTFS permissions are full control.

Uninstalled, reboot, restart, reinstall then reboot and relaunch, still nogo.

Sim (P3Dv4.2) is as problem free as I would think - in fact, I'm very happy with its stability!

4 hours ago, Leo Stretch said:

Uninstalled, reboot, restart, reinstall then reboot and relaunch, still nogo.

Well ... in FSX this means your game install is faulty/broken and requires you to repair your entire system.  will need to see what that coder says after reviewing your post.

It happens when sim is unable to load gauge for some reason.

Tweaking dll.xml should not be required normally as installer does it automatically

Check that sim is really 4.1 or 4.2 in About window, when you upgrade sim sometimes there is still old version

Provide content of your dll.xml and e170.log (if present in P3D4\FeelThere\EJets\ folder)

Check that EJets.gau is present in plane's panel folder