The simFlight Network Forums

Version 5.123 is breaking in P3D V4.2

Moved to Main Forum. Please ask questions related to FSUIPC only in Main Forum, it might not be seen if you post it in a Subforum !

Hi Guys

When installing the latest FSUIPC 5.123C the code is breaking in P3D V4.2 and the sim is getting stuck.

You can't see the FSUIPC program in Add-On inside the sim.

Bye, David

14 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Unfortunately not for me. Including 5.22 I had no luck to get FSUIPC running in Prepar3d 4.2.

Did you delete all entries of FSUIPC in the P3D V4 Modules folder before installing 5.122 ?

Did you run the installer under Administrator?

Thanks for responding. Installation was ok with all versions. 

Log file attached. 

I disabled all other modules in the dll.xml and tried with fsuipc only but a few second after start Prepar3D either quits without any notice or hangs and then crashes.

I tried 5.122 and all versions of 5.123.

I also tried with stock aircraft, other add-on aircraft and both stock and add-on airports. With and without reshade.

I can't say that this is caused by FSUIPC, however without it in the modules folder these crashes don't happen. 

FSUIPC5.log

54 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Thanks for responding. Installation was ok with all versions. 

Log file attached. 

I disabled all other modules in the dll.xml and tried with fsuipc only but a few second after start Prepar3D either quits without any notice or hangs and then crashes.

This symptom, and the log, both suggest a weather file corruption. The reason the crash occurs only with FSUIPC running is that when it starts running properly, it is reading weather data through SimConnect. These files are binary data and are completely unchecked by SimConnect when it reads them, so any corruption can crash the sim (and sometimes only when flying in the area subject to such corruption).

The file which is corrupt could be a .WX file in your P3D4 Documents folder (you can delete those if you are using a weather program and don't need saved weather), or it might be the wxstationlist.bin file in your AppData\Roaming P3D files. That can be deleted as it will be re-generated by P3D.

Pete